Destin?

Mylute

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm

With the Breeders' Cup coming up I was reminded of the Marathon, which is run as an undercard race now since the BC doesn't recognize it the same. Destin won the Marathon last year.

He hasn't run or worked since December, and I don't remember an article about his retirement. He has a great family and won at different distances so he seems like a good candidate for a regional market stallion.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Flanders

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 pm

According to his owner's webpage he is at Bridlewood where a number of their horses are training. What he is doing there though, who knows. Maybe recovering from an injury? There has been no articles on him that I could find since before his last race in December.

I don't know if there is lack of interest in him for stud or if the Marathan and Belmont turned people off him because he seemed to like the longer distances?
Mylute

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:41 pm

Well, he won the Tampa Bay Derby and the Sam F. Davis, which are both 8 1/2 furlongs, so I don't see how winning one Marathon (and being second by a nose in the Belmont) would completely turn off a stud farm, even if the Marathon distance isn't popular. He's also Creative Cause's full brother, and CC is off to a wonderful start as a stallion.

I recently checked on Eragon, who King Mattress purchased to fill Runhappy's place in the Pegasus, and he's finishing off the board in races in Singapore, and you said that Pants on Fire is in Saudi Arabia. I would just hate to hear something like that is going on with yet another good quality horse in Destin.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞