08 October (Tuesday) workouts
- Fair Hill/allweather
09 October (Wednesday) workouts
- Los Alamitos QH/dirt
* Mo American
- Lone Star/dirt
* Unnamed filly o/o Secrettina
- Churchill Training/dirt - This is her first logged workout that I can find. She has four siblings, two who never won, and another two unraced. Seacrettina looks like the definition of precocity: as a 2yo she won on debut MSW, then a Black Type Stakes, 2nd in another BT stakes, then finishing off the board from then on. Despite the lackadasical showing of siblings her offspring must look gorgeous because all four other foals have gone for $200,000+ and her 2016 foal, Judge Marty
, brought $500,000 from Spendthrift as a yearling. He's now gelded and not yet running. Maybe American Pharoah will be the sire to bring out the best in Seacrettina's genetic potential.
* 09 October (Wednesday) - A two-fer: Envied
and Sweet Melania
are both entered for the Grade 2 JP Morgan Jessamine Stakes for 2yo fillies at Keeneland, 1-16th mile on turf, race 7 post time 4:24pm. Envied breaks from 2 and Sweet Melania from 6th. http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/KE ... html#RACE7
is out of Halljoy(IRE) by Halling, is owned by HnR Nothhaft, trained by Ben Colebrook and ridden by Miguel Mena. She won her debut MSW 1 mile on turf at Ellis Park, then came in 3rd in the Happy Ticket Stakes (Blacktype) on Sept 7th. Both of those runs were Lasix free, but the charts today show she'll be on Lasix for the Jessamine.
is out of Sweet N Discrete by Discrete Cat, is owned by Robert & Lawana Low, trained by Todd Pletcher and ridden by Jose Ortiz, and has a 4-1-1-2 record with a 2nd place in the P.G. Johnson Stakes(Listed) as Crystalle caught her just before the wire. This will be the 4th track she's raced on.
* 11 October (Friday) - Elfin Queen
(half to Cupid
) made it off the alternate list and is now Declared for the a 2yo fillies' maiden at Newmarket - the Godolphin Under Starters Orders Maiden Fillies' Stakes (Plus 10 Race), 7 furlongs, race 6, post 16:45 local time. This is part of their Dubai Future Champions Festival, with Friday being Ladies' Day and Saturday the 12th being Dubai Future Champions Day. She made her debut September 18th finishing 7th of 18 in a 6 furlong 2yo fillies' Maiden at Naas. She's owned by Coolmore, trained by A.P. O'Brien, and will be ridden by Ryan Moore. https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38 ... -11/739854
* 13 October (Sunday) - Holy Roman Empress - She was drawn into the above race that Elfin Queen had originally not made it into, and now has dropped that and instead is in (but not yet Declared) for the 1mile Listed Staffordstown Stud Stakes for 2yof at Curragh. That one shows 19 so far for what looks to be 24 (!) starting positions. Over half the field are maidens and one so far will be a debut. https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/17 ... -13/742013
Nominations & Submissions - Waiting for final
* 12 October (Saturday) - Monarch of Egypt - G1 Darley Dewhurst Stakes 2yo - Newmarket 7 furlongs on turf - Drawn but not yet Declared, the field is currently 11. This would be a 2-week turnaround from his last race, when he failed to fire and came in last in the G1 Juddemonte Middle Park Stakes. This would be just 14 or so days turnaround from his 8th-of-8 finish in the G1 Juddmonte Middle Park Stakes won by Earthlight (Siskin had acted up in the stalls and was a last-minute scratch). There are 11 entries showing up so far; the others are: Arizona, Harpocrates, Iffraaz, Molatham, Mystery Power, Pinatubo, Positive, Royal Commando, Wichita, Year of the Tiger https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/38 ... -12/736056
The Saga of Hong Kong and The Perfect Next Race continues ...
* 12 October (Saturday) - Hong Kong
- Have missed the draw and sitting at 13th on the alterates list, he's not likely to make it into the "Follow Limerick Racecourse On Twitter Maiden" - 7 furlongs, race 2 at 2:35pm local time. There are 30 nominated for a max of 16 starters. https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/18 ... -12/742005
* 14 October (Monday) - Hong Kong
- Backup plan - Trying to get into the 1 mile Irish Stallion Farms EBF Maiden (Plus 10 Race) for 2yos, race 1 at Gowran Park, post time 2:05pm local-time. He's one of 34 entries for 16 final slots.
https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/18 ... -14/742443
* 26 October (Saturday) - Hong Kong
is also been nominated for the G1 Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes. I don't see that happening given he has yet to finish on the board in a maiden.