Hard Spun Foals

Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm

GREEN LIGHT GO spiked a fever last night. Out of the Fountain of Youth this weekend.
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm
GREEN LIGHT GO spiked a fever last night. Out of the Fountain of Youth this weekend.
He's nominated to the 1 mile G3 Gotham at Aqueduct 1 week later (Mar 7th). Wonder if they will ship him for that race to try for Derby points.

Necker Island and Attachment Rate also nominated to Gotham. Attachment Rate also nominated to G2 Tampa Bay Derby on Mar 7th.

Derby Points are same for Gotham and Tampa Bay Derby: 50-20-10-5
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:41 pm

A THREAD OF BLUE entered in G2 Mac Diarmida. Turf at Gulfstream Sat 2/29. Up against tough competition with better speed figures.

TURN OF EVENTS entered in G3 Palm Beach Stakes for 3 year olds. Turf at Gulfstream Sat 2/29. Speed figures match if you throw out the off turf slop race. Which wasnt all that bad anyway.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... -diarmida/

A Thread of Blue enters the Mac Diarmida off a fourth-place finish in the mile Tropical Turf (G3) Jan. 11 off a near three-month layoff.

“He's training very well,” McLaughlin said. “We ran him a mile first time back this year and it was just a little too short and hustling all the way. Hopefully, he loves this track and hopefully he gets to an uncontested lead or close and gets comfortable. He's better doing that.”

Joe Bravo gets the mount on A Thread of Blue.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:36 pm

MTO wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:02 pm
Happy Endings wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:22 pm
GREEN LIGHT GO spiked a fever last night. Out of the Fountain of Youth this weekend.
He's nominated to the 1 mile G3 Gotham at Aqueduct 1 week later (Mar 7th). Wonder if they will ship him for that race to try for Derby points.

Necker Island and Attachment Rate also nominated to Gotham. Attachment Rate also nominated to G2 Tampa Bay Derby on Mar 7th.

Derby Points are same for Gotham and Tampa Bay Derby: 50-20-10-5
Seems like they ought to be going longer than 1 mile, to get ready for 1 1/4 in May. Tampa race is longer though, which might be a better option and not as far to ship, but don't want to see them all there running against each other. Excited to see what Attachment Rate can do.
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:57 pm

HIDDEN SCROLL entry: 6 furlong allowance - Race 5 Sunday, March 1, Gulfstream Park

PPs
http://www.brisnet.com/php/bw_pdf_viewe ... am3=717100
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm

1:09.25 HIDDEN SCROLL wins in a canter in his comeback! 10 lengths or more in front. And JV never asked him. So very happy to see that.
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm
1:09.25 HIDDEN SCROLL wins in a canter in his comeback! 10 lengths or more in front. And JV never asked him. So very happy to see that.
HE'S BAAAAAAACK! I missed this race. Must find a replay. I bet the connections are beyond thrilled.
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:05 pm

2 HARD SPUN colts probable for G3 GOTHAM. NECKER ISLAND and ATTACHMENT RATE.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... m-starters

Necker Island, who was fifth in the Swale, is also among the probable starters in the one-turn Gotham.

Another interesting candidate from Florida is Jim Bakke and Gerald Isbister's Attachment Rate, who was a convincing 6 1/4-length maiden special weight winner at Gulfstream Park Feb. 15 in his most recent start. Trained by Dale Romans, the son of Hard Spun was timed in a quick 1:35.03 for a mile on a sloppy track.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:29 pm

Replay for Hidden Scroll's win today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqpDO2Oq93o


I have to say I laughed when they showed the gate from behind when they were all in there. Hidden Scroll has a caboose that dwarfs all others!

He won by 12 1/2 lengths.

article: https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... _debut_123#

another article: https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/h ... hc.twitter
Last edited by Happy Endings on Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:08 pm

The replay on TVG, here: https://www.tvg.com/results, shows the head-on of the start several times. Looked to me like Hidden Scroll stumbled. He didn't run like it bothered him, but always makes me nervous to see something like that.

Chart says he bobbled: http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFC ... &STYLE=EQB
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Thanks for the replay Happy Endings.

To change the subject....I would love to see A Thread of Blue try dirt next time. He broke his maiden on dirt. They have kept in on turf after that. Maybe time for change.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:14 pm

Hidden Scroll got a 102 Beyer Speed figure for his race today.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:01 pm

It's All Relevant won race #8 at Aqueduct today. His record is now 26-11-2-2.

replay: https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/racing/results#race5

also: https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/racing/replays
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:21 am

MTO wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:27 pm
Thanks for the replay Happy Endings.

To change the subject....I would love to see A Thread of Blue try dirt next time. He broke his maiden on dirt. They have kept in on turf after that. Maybe time for change.
Yeah, why not? Worth a try. I remember when Big John B tried dirt for the first time in a stakes at SA. They said he was a toss on TVG and then he went out and won. 💪
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:00 pm

IF YOU BELIEVE won race #3 at Mahoning Valley today. Her record is now 49-12-11-6. Wow a real warrior.

video: https://www.hollywoodmahoningvalley.com ... and-replay
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:19 pm

Update about HARD NOT TO LOVE who worked today...

https://twitter.com/sdhorserace/status/ ... 13856?s=19
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Happy Endings wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:19 pm
Update about HARD NOT TO LOVE who worked today...

https://twitter.com/sdhorserace/status/ ... 13856?s=19

She's pointed to G1 Beholder Mile 3/14/2020. Wonder if Mike Smith's CA suspension will be in effect during that time.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:57 pm

MTO wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 pm
Happy Endings wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:19 pm
Update about HARD NOT TO LOVE who worked today...

https://twitter.com/sdhorserace/status/ ... 13856?s=19

She's pointed to G1 Beholder Mile 3/14/2020. Wonder if Mike Smith's CA suspension will be in effect during that time.
I have often seen jockey suspensions suspended temporarily so a jockey could ride in an important race. I sure hope they do the same for this one because they can't just swap out jockeys for this special-needs filly. Yikes. The suspension is a number of days. I don't know if there is a rule saying the days have to be consecutive.
MTO
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:21 am

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... aezs-agent

Leonard Green's graded stakes-winning 4-year-old turf runner A Thread of Blue already has been moved to John Servis' barn, according to McLaughlin.
Happy Endings
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:41 pm

SHE'S SO SPECIAL won race #5 at Golden Gate today by 5 lengths. Her record is now 6-2-1-2.


video: https://www.tvg.com/results
Post Reply