Page 18 of 21

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 pm
by Flanders
SPIRIT OF THE WILD HORSE NEEDS YOUR HELP! Last night around 10 pm MDT, two large stock trailers slipped out of Colorado with around 30 wild horse headed to slaughter in Mexico. State police won't do anything about it unless we have a truck description and license plate. I didn't get the email until Sat morning. If anybody that lives in Southern NM spots the trailers, please call state police. The horses are all bays--possibly one roan. The horses were stolen from Melby Ranch / Wild Horse Mesa in southern Colorado. Contact phone #719-588-7177.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:52 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Email update from Caroline at Southern California Thoroughbred Rescue says Carla Angel and Cymple Rhythm are fully rehabilitated and ready for adoption. The transformation never ceases to amaze me! What a good job they do! Any takers?

Carla Angel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQi73- ... e=youtu.be

Cymple Rhythm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP7zmkU ... e=youtu.be

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:03 am
by Ziggypop
Not thoroughbreds, but 75 well bred Quarters Horses that will get sent to slaughter, if not re-homed. Owner had tragedy in immediate family and has lost everything.

Chicago, IL area.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2014 ... 141009795/

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
With your permission, I'm going to copy and post this info on another board...seems like the sort of thing that needs to get to as many horse people as possible.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:34 pm
by BlindLucky
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:With your permission, I'm going to copy and post this info on another board...seems like the sort of thing that needs to get to as many horse people as possible.
I've seen it posted by a few rescues on Facebook so far, like Auction Horses and at least 2 others, so hopefully the word is getting out.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:33 pm
by Ziggypop
Heads up in and around OK.

Beware of Tara Michelle Sanders, OK, she is buying up TBs everywhere, even sent a buyer to New Holland. Had them transported back by a cattle truck drive who had taken a load of cattle in that direction. She is not against slaughter and she is taking in numerous horses at a time. Some she tries to flip straight back onto the track within just a couple of days after receiving them. Remember Baker is in that area.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:00 pm
by Ziggypop
OK 4 years old needs help. OK Rescues full! Never been raced!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

He's Sweet sweet SWEET!
Very quiet and Shy
And
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL

CLASSY RIDER
4 yrs
Never been Raced
$700

Location:
Stillwater Lot

‼HAS UNTIL SUNDAY‼
Born in OKLAHOMA

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:20 pm
by Catalina
Ziggypop wrote:OK 4 years old needs help. OK Rescues full! Never been raced!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

He's Sweet sweet SWEET!
Very quiet and Shy
And
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL

CLASSY RIDER
4 yrs
Never been Raced
$700

Location:
Stillwater Lot

‼HAS UNTIL SUNDAY‼
Born in OKLAHOMA
Per FB, he's safe!

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 pm
by Ziggypop
Save This TB Mare from Slaughter!

http://www.gofundme.com/qj4cbbs

And there are four others in a kill pen,

Beyond The Roses Equine Rescue & Retirement and Mindy Lovell are going to do their best to try and help the remaining tbs of the group of 5 that need help. So far the bay mare that may or may not be Mintsonthepillow is going to be taken care of from what info we have received. that leaves Cflookslikethefuse who's bail is $875., Future Kings - the irish bred gelding at $850. for bail and the third is a mare called thief in style who's bail is covered. ALL of these horses must also have quarantine of $300 each covered as well as transport to quarantine if they are not going to someone who can take care of that themselves. HOWEVER, these three horses MUST have an immediate home offer or they cannot be fundraised for as neither Mindy Lovell or myself can take in any more horses right now due to our own very limited funding available. If you would like to help any of these horses by offering a home, please contact Gail Hirt immediately so that we can start the ball rolling to get them safe. Donations towards bail and quarantine can be sent to paypal at main@beyondtherosesequine.org applications for adoption can be found at .. http://www.beyondtherosesequine.org/btr ... pplication…. These horsess are all located in a kill pen in Pennsylvania.

Re: Sales/Rescues-3 TBs in a kill pen!

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:43 pm
by Ziggypop

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:55 am
by Flanders
second_glance wrote:4yo filly Silver and Smoke and 5yo gelding Bringcheckcharlie were rescued from horrific conditions in Miami-Dade by the police and South Florida SPCA. A 3rd un-tattooed TB was also seized. They'd been locked in shanty-type stalls with ceilings so low they couldn't fully raise their heads; the stalls hadn't been cleaned in months, and they are seriously malnourished.

Police are looking for the owners so that the horses can be legally surrendered to the SPCA; and they can be charged.

http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2014/0 ... in-stalls/
Silver and Smoke's breeder took her back. I don't know about the other two.
http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2015/0 ... n-tears-2/

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am
by Izvestia
As an owner of an OTTB, that I think the world of, I will never understand people that have horses that 1) can't afford them, 2) disregard their dignity AND health, and 3) think it's ok to just plunk them into the sh*ttiest of conditions like that.
It enrages me. If you can't take care of them properly and can't afford them, DO NOT own them. If you don't know how to care for them, then DO NOT own them. I swear there should be a license for owning a horse.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm
by Catalina
Flanders wrote:
second_glance wrote:4yo filly Silver and Smoke and 5yo gelding Bringcheckcharlie were rescued from horrific conditions in Miami-Dade by the police and South Florida SPCA. A 3rd un-tattooed TB was also seized. They'd been locked in shanty-type stalls with ceilings so low they couldn't fully raise their heads; the stalls hadn't been cleaned in months, and they are seriously malnourished.

Police are looking for the owners so that the horses can be legally surrendered to the SPCA; and they can be charged.

http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2014/0 ... in-stalls/
Silver and Smoke's breeder took her back. I don't know about the other two.
http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2015/0 ... n-tears-2/
Just puzzled how the filly ended up in that horrific situation. The article mentioned the breeder taking her back when she suffered an injury as a 2YO, but then from there it goes to the South Florida shantytown. If the breeder adopted the horse out to what seemed like an upstanding, responsible, compassionate adopter, she should say, if nothing else, to stop this person.

Re: Sales/Rescues-nurse mare babies looking for homes

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 pm
by Ziggypop
Eleven nurse mare babies looking for homes. They are so cute!!!

https://www.facebook.com/45502380989/ph ... =1&theater

Re: Sales/Rescues-nurse mare babies looking for homes

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:40 pm
by serenassong
Ziggypop wrote:Eleven nurse mare babies looking for homes. They are so cute!!!

https://www.facebook.com/45502380989/ph ... =1&theater
Adorable, and they have all their friends with them.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:24 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
Those are some very good-looking youngsters. Such nice conformation makes me wonder what their breeding might be...some of them look like TB/QH crosses, but definitely a lot of Paints in the mix.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:32 am
by Flanders
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Those are some very good-looking youngsters. Such nice conformation makes me wonder what their breeding might be...some of them look like TB/QH crosses, but definitely a lot of Paints in the mix.
If you go to their Facebook page and scroll down, they sort of say what each foal is. Saddle Horse cross, QH-TWH cross, Arabian cross, Draft cross, Rocky Mountain cross, etc.

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:36 pm
by Ziggypop
Remember Me Rescue is helping to look for 30 TBs that appear to be fraudulently taken and placed into the slaughter pipeline.

https://www.facebook.com/REMEMBERMERESC ... =1&theater

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 pm
by Ziggypop
Remember Me Rescue is helping to look for 30 TBs that appear to be fraudulently taken and placed into the slaughter pipeline.

https://www.facebook.com/REMEMBERMERESC ... =1&theater

Re: Sales/Rescues

Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:06 am
by GhostZapper91
Racing name is Daddy Likes That (lol) Daddy in the barn. He'll be for sale at the end of the summer after he gets some more horse show milage, he's been jumping now for about 6 months and has already showed in the baby green hunters twice and was reserve champion once. He's a real easy going guy, genuinely just wants to be a fat hunter lol easy lead change. Absurdly sweet and love buggy on the ground, definitely 3'6" hunter potential, maybe even more. He didn't race too badly actually (~ $50,000 in 18 starts) which is shocking if you know him lol. Any hunter people in PA should check him out :D I ride him every day and all the photos are of me :D I would buy him if I could honestly. I'll be sad to see him go but he's got sooo much potential. He's a special horse.

Image Image Image Image