Caribe races this past weekend

DawnStorm

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:17 am

According to the Blood Horse, this is the third year that the Caribe Classico (I just know I butchered that name! :oops: ) was held at Gulfstream. A 45-1 shot from Venezuela won the classic.
What is a mere individual to do? Live as sane and decent a life as you can, love your family and friends and understand that everybody is in this together.
--Ron Smith aka The Voice of Reason
WarBiscuit

Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm

DawnStorm wrote:
According to the Blood Horse, this is the third year that the Caribe Classico (I just know I butchered that name! :oops: ) was held at Gulfstream. A 45-1 shot from Venezuela won the classic.
For me, two of the most enjoyable series of the year this past week at Gulfstream - the Caribe, and the Claiming Crown races. Both a lot of fun and a chance to see some blue collar warriors duking it out. Often as interesting as some marquee races. Happy for Kukulkan!

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Miss Woodford

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:24 am

WarBiscuit wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:28 pm
DawnStorm wrote:
For me, two of the most enjoyable series of the year this past week at Gulfstream - the Caribe, and the Claiming Crown races. Both a lot of fun and a chance to see some blue collar warriors duking it out. Often as interesting as some marquee races. Happy for Kukulkan!

WarBiscuit
After Kukulkan's unfortunate run in the Pegasus he's done surprisingly well over here. He was 2nd in the G3 WV Governor's Cup a couple races back. Per his trainer he'll be staying here and running in G3/G2 company which is about where he belongs.

The undefeated Mexican filly Letruska who won the Copa Invitacional vs older males is also going to be staying in the US and training at Palm Meadows over the winter.
DawnStorm

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:30 pm

After Kukulkan's unfortunate run in the Pegasus he's done surprisingly well over here. He was 2nd in the G3 WV Governor's Cup a couple races back. Per his trainer he'll be staying here and running in G3/G2 company which is about where he belongs.

[/quote]

Good. I was wondering what he was up to; he disappeared from view after January.
What is a mere individual to do? Live as sane and decent a life as you can, love your family and friends and understand that everybody is in this together.
--Ron Smith aka The Voice of Reason
Mylute

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:14 pm

Apparently Kukulkan got to paint a Moneigh this year. That'll certainly be a unique piece. I'll be waiting eagerly for prints to go on the market.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Flanders

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:38 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:24 am
The undefeated Mexican filly Letruska who won the Copa Invitacional vs older males is also going to be staying in the US and training at Palm Meadows over the winter.
She is entered in the Tropical Park Oaks at Gulfstream on the 28th. This will be her first start on the turf.