California Chrome

Somnambulist

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Curtis wrote:
dustino140 wrote:
Ridan_Remembered wrote:The horse looks great, seems to be handling the track just fine.
Were we concerned he wouldn't?
Given how big his head has grown and how ribby he is, I've just been in a dither.
So many lols
Sparrow Castle

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:20 pm

SA Press Box ‏@SAPublicity
Some beautiful pictures of California Chrome training in Dubai courtesy of @simmy_hanley
Sheepish

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:48 am

He looks so lovely just standing there looking off at whatever it is that has caught his eye.
katmandu

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:48 pm

He appears to be thriving, but looking forward to the prep as a better assessment. I've been curious how he and Frosted stack up against each other, even more so now.
stark

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:03 pm

I don't know how to just post the picture, but it's a neat one with the Meydan arch in the background while Chrome was working 59.2 and galloping out in 1.12.2

https://twitter.com/TMStallions
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
carole

Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:30 pm

stark wrote:I don't know how to just post the picture, but it's a neat one with the Meydan arch in the background while Chrome was working 59.2 and galloping out in 1.12.2

https://twitter.com/TMStallions
Wow great picture! Here it is:
Ridan_Remembered

Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:12 pm

It is a great picture. Thanks for posting it. Also pleased that Chrome seems to be working faster than was typical of him in the past. 59.2 is motoring on anybody's racetrack.
Treve

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:59 am

Very cool picture.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Ridan_Remembered

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am

There's a short video clip from yesterday morning here: https://twitter.com/Debbiedxb?lang=en

It is from yesterday, Feb. 6th, and appears to be part of the gallop out after that work. I don't see a way to capture and share the video here, but for those who are interested the vid is right at the top of the tweets on that page.
lurkey mclurker

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:49 pm

The direct link to the tweet is: https://twitter.com/Debbiedxb/status/695962563868258304

I hate when they put vines up in slow-mo. It's only 30 seconds anyway... :roll:
Ridan_Remembered

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:16 pm

Thanks for the direct link, @lurkey mclurker. Much appreciated. :)
Della

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 pm

OMG, this is HILARIOUS - an anti-Bring Chrome Home page on Facebook :lol:

Bring Coco Puffs Home

It's brilliant! I think the spelling/grammar/punctuation errors are intentional!

Here's a selection:
"Today was a sad day for Coco, because Coco heard his TRUE mom and TRUE dad traded him for a new house, but Coco was cheered up when he was told he had his very own room in the nice dark basement!!"

"So my TRUE mom was upset today because she didn't know what was going on with Coco mother. Apparently Coco Mother was sent to this horrible place and forced to eat grass that was blue and now we hear she will be bred to the very flashy white Puffed Rice and my TRUE mom thinks it's just so very sad. I mean Good Lord! She already gave birth to the Cereal of the Year !! Regardless , my TRUE mom will continue to be the person she is. Isn't that so wonderful?"

"Awhile ago I recieved 500 million Holiday cards and 70 tons of treats. I want to give a 'special' thanks to Jiff for coming up with such a genius idea and Morie for encouraging the troops to send more and more.. Who cares about the rescue Cereal's right? It's not like those overweight, spoiled cereals need anything as much as I do !! No one is smarter than my TRUE fans! So sorry we didn't have the time to photograph all the cards, and sorry your friends could not see what an important thing you did. !!"

"There are a lot of pita bread people who think I should be retired and that my owners are greedy for letting me have all the fun I am having. It is so cruel that I have to eat 3 meals a day and live in a double sized home with my own housekeeper and chef. The massages are the worst !"
Curtis

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Della wrote:OMG, this is HILARIOUS - an anti-Bring Chrome Home page on Facebook :lol:

Bring Coco Puffs Home

It's brilliant! I think the spelling/grammar/punctuation errors are intentional!

Here's a selection:
"Today was a sad day for Coco, because Coco heard his TRUE mom and TRUE dad traded him for a new house, but Coco was cheered up when he was told he had his very own room in the nice dark basement!!"

"So my TRUE mom was upset today because she didn't know what was going on with Coco mother. Apparently Coco Mother was sent to this horrible place and forced to eat grass that was blue and now we hear she will be bred to the very flashy white Puffed Rice and my TRUE mom thinks it's just so very sad. I mean Good Lord! She already gave birth to the Cereal of the Year !! Regardless , my TRUE mom will continue to be the person she is. Isn't that so wonderful?"

"Awhile ago I recieved 500 million Holiday cards and 70 tons of treats. I want to give a 'special' thanks to Jiff for coming up with such a genius idea and Morie for encouraging the troops to send more and more.. Who cares about the rescue Cereal's right? It's not like those overweight, spoiled cereals need anything as much as I do !! No one is smarter than my TRUE fans! So sorry we didn't have the time to photograph all the cards, and sorry your friends could not see what an important thing you did. !!"

"There are a lot of pita bread people who think I should be retired and that my owners are greedy for letting me have all the fun I am having. It is so cruel that I have to eat 3 meals a day and live in a double sized home with my own housekeeper and chef. The massages are the worst !"
It is quite brilliant. I'm not so sure that satire is something that the Bring Chrome Home crowd will comprehend though. They may start picketing grocery stores across the country in hopes of saving America's Cereal.
Ridan_Remembered

Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:16 am

Steve Andersen ‏@DRFAndersen 9h9 hours ago

Friday morning at Meydan Racecourse in Dubai, California Chrome worked 7f in 1:24.40, galloped out mile in 1:36.40, sez Alan Sherman. #drf
luvsgeldings

Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:22 pm

less than two weeks now to his prep race there in Dubai - cannot wait to see it - I assume TVG will be showing that Thursday race from Meydan(?)
Sparrow Castle

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
The first California Chrome Stakes—for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles—will be run April 30. Named in honor of the 2014 Horse of the Year who has called Los Alamitos home since the beginning of his 3-year-old season, the California Chrome offers a purse of $150,000.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... s-schedule
Rainyday

Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:32 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
The first California Chrome Stakes—for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles—will be run April 30. Named in honor of the 2014 Horse of the Year who has called Los Alamitos home since the beginning of his 3-year-old season, the California Chrome offers a purse of $150,000.
*scratches head* Can anyone think of another case of a race being named after a horse that was still actively racing at the time?
BlindLucky

Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Rainyday wrote:*scratches head* Can anyone think of another case of a race being named after a horse that was still actively racing at the time?
I was thinking Unzip Me, but she ran her last race in January 2012 and the first running of the Unzip Me Stakes was later the same year.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:43 pm

I assume TVG will be showing that Thursday race from Meydan(?)

TVG has been showing international racing (Ireland, Britain, Meydan on Thursdays) Wednesday through Sunday during an early 6 AM - 9 AM PST slot. Pretty sure that 'Chrome's race will get plenty of attention from TVG...probably even have a couple hosts in the studio early enough to cover that race.
Life At Zen

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Rainyday wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:Los Alamitos Announces Spring Stakes Schedule
*scratches head* Can anyone think of another case of a race being named after a horse that was still actively racing at the time?
During her first brief retirement, The Lady's Secret was changed to the Zenyatta Stakes and then changed back to the Lady's Secret because they didn't want Zenyatta running in the Zenyatta Stakes... lol
Once upon a time there was a horse named Kelso.
But only once. ~Joe Hirsch