Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
I hope Everfast wins the Kentucky Derby. Winstar deserves to suffer really painful seller's remorse for selling off Take Charge Indy in about a split second. :evil:
Mood.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6021
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
I hope Everfast wins the Kentucky Derby. Winstar deserves to suffer really painful seller's remorse for selling off Take Charge Indy in about a split second. :evil:
LOL. Can't say that I totally disagree. I know it's a business but sometimes there should be negative consequences...just to make the decision to sell even harder.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Awe Emma (War Front x Awesome Maria) broke her maiden today at Oaklawn.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Monomoy Girl's Brother to Make First Start at Oaklawn Friday

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... wn-friday/

~ His name is "Cowboy Diplomacy". Hmm.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Can't Buy Me Love (War Front/Together (IRE)) and Hootenanny's 1/2 sister Shadow Play (Galileo) are both in R9 at GP on Saturday.

Can't Buy Me Love was a close 2nd on debut a few weeks ago. Shadow Play was previously entered and scratched on the Pegasus card, when the race came off turf, so this will be her debut.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Spiritus Invictus (War Front/Centre Court) makes his debut Sunday @GP in R9. Among the others in the well-bred field is Icarius (Quality Road x Disposablepleasure), who's also debuting.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
I hope Everfast wins the Kentucky Derby. Winstar deserves to suffer really painful seller's remorse for selling off Take Charge Indy in about a split second. :evil:
Except it was the syndicate owner's that pushed Winstar to sell him?
Somnambulist
Posts: 7687
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Flanders wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
I hope Everfast wins the Kentucky Derby. Winstar deserves to suffer really painful seller's remorse for selling off Take Charge Indy in about a split second. :evil:
Except it was the syndicate owner's that pushed Winstar to sell him?
Lol. I've never gotten why people get so bent out of shape over it regardless.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3059
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 am

Somnambulist wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:36 pm
Flanders wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:47 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
I hope Everfast wins the Kentucky Derby. Winstar deserves to suffer really painful seller's remorse for selling off Take Charge Indy in about a split second. :evil:
Except it was the syndicate owner's that pushed Winstar to sell him?
Lol. I've never gotten why people get so bent out of shape over it regardless.
Same.
User avatar
honneerider
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:22 pm
Contact:

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 pm

Cowboy Diplomacy,, full brother to MonomoyGirl, ran 2nd in a 6f debut at Oaklawn today
Old Bones
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:40 pm

That was impressive. Winter Sunset, daughter of Winter Memories, wins the Shantel Lanerie Memorial Stakes at Fairgrounds. Second win for this grey miss and this time over a game Elsa ridden by Corey Lanerie.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1641
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Half-brothers to Nyquist (Still Dreaming) and Vino Rosso (So Alive) are running in the Sam Davis at TBD today.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:00 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Can't Buy Me Love (War Front/Together (IRE)) and Hootenanny's 1/2 sister Shadow Play (Galileo) are both in R9 at GP on Saturday.

Can't Buy Me Love was a close 2nd on debut a few weeks ago. Shadow Play was previously entered and scratched on the Pegasus card, when the race came off turf, so this will be her debut.
Can't Buy Me Love was a close 2nd, but Shadow Play was well-beaten.
tachyon
Posts: 3791
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 am

Curren Moe(JPN), 2016F. Lord Kanaloa(JPN) x Curren Chan(JPN)(2-time JRA champion) by Kurofune(USA), won on debut going 1200m turf Kokura 5R Newcomer on Feb 10th 2019. :D

Image

-- replay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_UoJXRtL6E
1st. (#9) Curren Moe(JPN)
https://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001218937/
User avatar
PONYRCR
Posts: 186
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:52 pm

Global Campaign (Curlin-Globe Trot, A.P. Indy) 1/2 to Bolt d'Oro and Sonic Mule, remained undefeated in two starts with his Alw win at Gulfstream yesterday.
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2561
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:47 pm

G @LongBallToNoOne

Toe to toe in TYO!

3c 1. DANON KINGLY (Deep Impact x My Goodness/USA (Storm Cat)) remains undefeated, goes 3 for 3 winning G3 1800m Kyodo News Hai at TYO

2nd. 2018 2yo HOTY 3c 4. ADMIRE MARS (Daiwa Major x Via Medici 🇮🇪(Medicean)
Danon Kingly's granddam is Caressing, Eclipse champion 2-year-old filly & dam of Eclipse champion 3-year-old colt, West Coast.

replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kldLrk-LMw
Image
photo via @shinshin1k
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4319
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:28 pm
Spiritus Invictus (War Front/Centre Court) makes his debut Sunday @GP in R9. Among the others in the well-bred field is Icarius (Quality Road x Disposablepleasure), who's also debuting.
Neither of those 2 showed up with their running shoes today.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Ry's the Guy finished third in Race 7 at Gulfstream Park.

He is sired by Distorted Humor, and is out of English 1,000 Guineas winner Sleepytime.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Sparky Ville, who upset the G2 San Vicente, is a nephew to Graeme Hall and Harmony Lodge.

Second dam is Win Crafty Lady, of course.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4497
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm

Winter Sunset Continues Family Legacy at Fair Grounds
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ir-grounds

Tapit x Winter Memories
Post Reply