Siblings (and offspring) of well-known horses

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:55 pm

Mongolian Groom (Hightail x Bourbonesque) finished third at 50-1 in the 'Big Cap.

His second dam, Rhineland, is a half-sister to MGSW George Vancouver and Saarland. Rhineland is of course out of G1W Versailles Treaty.

He was bred by Calumet Farm. Sire Hightail won the BC Juvenile Sprint when it existed and now stands in Arkansas. Hightail is of course a descendant of MG1W Fleet Renee.

So, in short, big family on this guy, who has sold for $11K and $12K.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Miss Woodford
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:20 am

Spahny wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:35 pm
After watching the races today nobody can say that they haven't made changed to the main track. When's the last time a SA Derby was won in 1:51? And an impressive 1:51.
Gormley won it in 1:51.16 in 2017. Admittedly a not very impressive one.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 am

Mylute wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Danon Fantasy, by Deep Impact o/o Life For Sale, will run in the G1 Oka Sho this weekend. Danon Fantasy was named 2018 JRHA Champion Juvenile Filly.

Also entering is Gran Alegria, by Deep Impact o/o Tapitsfly.
Gran Alegria won!!!
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Slewfan2
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 am
Mylute wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Danon Fantasy, by Deep Impact o/o Life For Sale, will run in the G1 Oka Sho this weekend. Danon Fantasy was named 2018 JRHA Champion Juvenile Filly.

Also entering is Gran Alegria, by Deep Impact o/o Tapitsfly.
Gran Alegria won!!!
Yay - I loved Tapitsfly; is this her first foal?
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 pm

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Mylute wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 am
Mylute wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Danon Fantasy, by Deep Impact o/o Life For Sale, will run in the G1 Oka Sho this weekend. Danon Fantasy was named 2018 JRHA Champion Juvenile Filly.

Also entering is Gran Alegria, by Deep Impact o/o Tapitsfly.
Gran Alegria won!!!
Yay - I loved Tapitsfly; is this her first foal?
Yes.

Based on her JBIS page she was bred to Deep Impact and Orfevre, but didn't carry to term. Gran Alegria is her first to survive and race.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:44 pm

Inspector Lynley Sets Track Record In Danger’s Hour Stakes
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... ur-stakes/

Lemon Drop Kid x Criminologist
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4396
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:08 am

Doll Collection (Tapit/Groupie Doll) is entered Friday at Keeneland for her debut.
uma_nosuke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:11 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm
Mylute wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:36 am


Gran Alegria won!!!
Yay - I loved Tapitsfly; is this her first foal?
Yes.

Based on her JBIS page she was bred to Deep Impact and Orfevre, but didn't carry to term. Gran Alegria is her first to survive and race.
Tapitsfly died last March.

Blutgang, a grey colt ( by Deep Impact, Sunday Racing Co.) below, is her second to last (or perhaps, last?) progeny.
https://db.netkeiba.com/v1.1/?pid=horse ... 2017105412
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10300
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:57 pm

That is shocking and sad news. Did any of the racing sites have any mention of her death? :(
uma_nosuke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:57 pm
That is shocking and sad news. Did any of the racing sites have any mention of her death? :(

I am sorry for that, but the Stud book says:

Tapitsfly (USA), Feb. 25 2007, gr. mare
Breeder: Frank Jones
Closed Record: died in Mar. 2 2018
Stud Book Reference: Am.SB.32
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6027
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 pm

uma_nosuke wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:40 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:57 pm
That is shocking and sad news. Did any of the racing sites have any mention of her death? :(

I am sorry for that, but the Stud book says:

Tapitsfly (USA), Feb. 25 2007, gr. mare
Breeder: Frank Jones
Closed Record: died in Mar. 2 2018
Stud Book Reference: Am.SB.32
Oh that is sad! I hope Gran Alegria and Bultgang are superstars and carry on her legacy.
uma_nosuke
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:50 am

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:33 am

Bultgang,#32, walking at the JRA training centre this April:
http://twitter.com/gendai_keiba/status/ ... 8394492929
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1752
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:48 pm

Withholding Info (Midnight Lute x Executiveprivilege) won a NW1X at Santa Anita on Sunday; she's 2 for 3 with a 2nd.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4396
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:48 pm

The 3rd at Keeneland on Saturday, a 9.5F dirt MSW, includes Thetrashmanscoming (Take Charge Indy/Awesome Humor) and Felix the Fox (Tapit/Wine Princess).
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4562
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:43 pm

‘She’s Got Talent’: Doll Collection, Daughter Of Groupie Doll, To Debut At Keeneland
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... keeneland/
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 pm

Delta Prince (Street Cry x Delta Princess) finally got his G1 in the Maker's 46 Mile at Keeneland.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6027
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Riley Mott @Riley_Mott
24m24 minutes ago
ANOTHER G1 winner for legendary broodmare Delta Princess. Produced G1 winners Royal Delta, Crown Queen, Delta Prince and elite talent Khozan. Hard to say she was a pleasure to be around though...
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:28 pm

In technical terms, I think that’s called a hissy fit.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6027
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:28 pm
In technical terms, I think that’s called a hissy fit.
:lol:
Post Reply