Across the pond

Treve

Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Starine wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Mylute wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 pm
Today I learned there's racing in Mauritius.

I also learned that Mauritius exists.
Same to both. :lol:
A friend of mine is from Mauritius and owns an OTTB... her grandfather regularly imports South African race horses to the island to run :)
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
Mylute

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:46 pm

Irish court blocks 'dead' horse from running at Naas on Saturday
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... day/421977
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
lurkey mclurker

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:03 am

Mylute wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:46 pm
Irish court blocks 'dead' horse from running at Naas on Saturday
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... day/421977
wtaf :shock:
carole

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:53 am

Terrible days racing in the UK today.

Alsa Mix euthanised after a fall at Ascot
Kachy (a brilliant all weather sprinter) euthanised at Lingfield
Cyrname, the brilliant highest rated chaser in the UK fell badly in the Ascot chase and it doesn’t look good at all...

I do wonder if the weather conditions had something to do with it, it’s extremely testing ground and the wind is very strong. Of course these things happen unfortunately but 3 in one day seems unusual. (Edit: Thank God it’s not actually 3!)

ETA: literally as I was about to post this, they showed Cyrname getting up, he’s going home thank God!
ThreeMustangs

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:22 pm

carole wrote:

Cyrname, the brilliant highest rated chaser in the UK fell badly in the Ascot chase and it doesn’t look good at all...

I do wonder if the weather conditions had something to do with it, it’s extremely testing ground and the wind is very strong. Of course these things happen unfortunately but 3 in one day seems unusual. (Edit: Thank God it’s not actually 3!)

ETA: literally as I was about to post this, they showed Cyrname getting up, he’s going home thank God!
I’m so glad Cyrname is okay, but why did his rider take him over the last fence when he was so far behind? Why not just pull him up?
carole

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:28 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:22 pm
carole wrote:

I’m so glad Cyrname is okay, but why did his rider take him over the last fence when he was so far behind? Why not just pull him up?
I suppose with only 4 horses in the field he was bound to pick up place money if he finished. But of course the horse’s health and safety should always come first.
Green Desert

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:06 pm

2 time St.Leger winner Logician back in training.
Apparently he suffered an episode of peritonitis (life threatening infection where fecal material is in their system after a rupture, etc.) and is lucky to be alive.
https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ ... ion/421636
Mylute

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:27 pm

French champion hurdler Footpad (Creachadoir) has apparently been purchased by U.S. connections to race here.
https://www.france-sire.com/actu_etabli ... s_unis.php
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞