Jockey/Trainer News - 2018

User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3354
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am

Squeaky wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm
Linda Rice under investigation by NY State Gaming Commission for making corrupt and improper acts. She allegedly paid racing officials money in return for information on entries in races that she was considering entering horses in. I don’t totally understand this- can someone e explain this to me? How would this give her an advantage? Do trainers not know what other horses are entered in a race before they enter?
There was a more in depth article from February of 2018:

https://www.drf.com/news/gaming-commiss ... linda-rice
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

Flanders wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am
Squeaky wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm
Linda Rice under investigation by NY State Gaming Commission for making corrupt and improper acts. She allegedly paid racing officials money in return for information on entries in races that she was considering entering horses in. I don’t totally understand this- can someone e explain this to me? How would this give her an advantage? Do trainers not know what other horses are entered in a race before they enter?
There was a more in depth article from February of 2018:

https://www.drf.com/news/gaming-commiss ... linda-rice
2012-2014 ?????
Speedy bunch of authorities.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1411
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm
Flanders wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am
Squeaky wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 pm
Linda Rice under investigation by NY State Gaming Commission for making corrupt and improper acts. She allegedly paid racing officials money in return for information on entries in races that she was considering entering horses in. I don’t totally understand this- can someone e explain this to me? How would this give her an advantage? Do trainers not know what other horses are entered in a race before they enter?
There was a more in depth article from February of 2018:

https://www.drf.com/news/gaming-commiss ... linda-rice
2012-2014 ?????
Speedy bunch of authorities.
I know of a few trainers that could move ‘em up.😉
User avatar
Diver52
Posts: 1816
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:44 pm
Location: Redlands, CA

Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:21 am

Short fields and all, it's an accomplishment to win five in a row as Baffert did at Los Alamitos, including both stakes and a powerful run by juvenile Ra'ad (Twirling Candy), who ran behind Futurity winner Thousand Words in the mutual debut.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:07 pm

Umberto Rispoli, a two-time champion jockey in Italy who has been riding in Hong Kong in recent years, is headed to California. Ron Anderson, who will be Rispoli’s agent, said the 31-year-old rider will arrive in California Dec. 16 and accept his first mounts there on opening day, Dec. 26.
“He was touted to me by Frankie Dettori,” Anderson said.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/c ... nta-anita/
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 am

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:12 am

stark wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:40 am
K. McLaughlin leaving New York !?
https://www.drf.com/news/employee-expen ... ork-winter
Godolphin's Greentree Stables is based next to Saratoga Racecourse... I wonder how that will affect McLaughlin's use of the facility.
weeeeeeeee
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:26 pm

The hearing for Jerry Hollendorfer’s preliminary injunction against The Stronach Group so that the Hall of Famer can once again train and race at Santa Anita has been scheduled for Dec. 24 at the Los Angeles County Superior Court, according to the trainer’s attorney, Drew Couto.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4218
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Scooter Dickey has retired at 78. He is perhaps best known as the trainer of Flat Out.
https://www.drf.com/news/trainer-scoote ... s-78?type=
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1411
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 pm

I bought a carton of milk, the other day, with Martin Pedroza’s picture on it......any ideas?
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 pm
I bought a carton of milk, the other day, with Martin Pedroza’s picture on it......any ideas?
https://www.drf.com/news/martin-pedroza ... ding?type=
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1411
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 pm

stark wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 pm
Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 pm
I bought a carton of milk, the other day, with Martin Pedroza’s picture on it......any ideas?
https://www.drf.com/news/martin-pedroza ... ding?type=
Thanks, according to Richie, Pedroza’s whereabouts are currently unknown. Maybe no cell coverage in Panama.
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:19 pm

Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 pm
stark wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 pm
Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:19 pm
I bought a carton of milk, the other day, with Martin Pedroza’s picture on it......any ideas?
https://www.drf.com/news/martin-pedroza ... ding?type=
Thanks, according to Richie, Pedroza’s whereabouts are currently unknown. Maybe no cell coverage in Panama.
Not good to lose track of your meal ticket.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1411
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 pm

stark wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:19 pm
Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:34 pm
Thanks, according to Richie, Pedroza’s whereabouts are currently unknown. Maybe no cell coverage in Panama.
Not good to lose track of your meal ticket.
Richie says he’s retired and doesn’t know where Martin is.
User avatar
Squeaky
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Wayne Lukas recovering from spinal surgery as per Bloodhorse. Back on his horse again.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4218
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Hope Martin is OK.

Hopefully wherever he's at he just as poor phone coverage. You'd think he would have told enough people where he was going so that his face wouldn't end up on a milk carton (I didn't know they still did that, cool).
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:53 am

Any guesses without google?

Image
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
thinair
Posts: 1791
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Definitely Chris Antley on the left and I'm guessing Wesley Ward on the right.
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 pm

thinair wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:00 pm
Definitely Chris Antley on the left and I'm guessing Wesley Ward on the right.
Thanks for playing.

Game over.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark
Posts: 5556
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:53 pm
Richie says he’s retired and doesn’t know where Martin is.
Unless Pomona plans on reopening anytime soon, I'd be willing to place a future wager on the Gulfstream circuit.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Post Reply