Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:42 pm
OK, I found the link...and the horrifying photos. :o :cry:
I really hate the human race sometimes. :evil:
And the story now also made it to the Paulick Report:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the- ... lect-case/

Dear God...
Holly1972

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:35 am

You guys should check out Prince Fluffy Kareem on Facebook. They are a rescue in Egypt. They see the worst cases I’ve ever seen and sometimes perform miracles. Sometimes they don’t and all they can do is give the horses and donkeys pain meds, let them eat all the hay & drink all the water they want, give them lots of love, then let them go. A lot of it is due to lack of education, owners who have to decide if they will feed their family or horse/donkey, lack of government help, and sub par veterinary care. But word of mouth is helping to get information out about the rescue. There was a story about an owner who pulled his horse in a cart for about 10 kilometers to get it help from the rescue.
Edit to add the photos will make you cry
WarBiscuit

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Catalina wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:39 pm
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:42 pm
OK, I found the link...and the horrifying photos. :o :cry:
I really hate the human race sometimes. :evil:
And the story now also made it to the Paulick Report:

Dear God...
A first step in a right direction. Anyone who has anything at all to do with this great sport should be appalled and infuriated with what happened to this horse.

www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/boyd ... elty-case/

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Retrospectiv

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:50 am

Australian racing taking a major hit as well in recent weeks with the information coming out on just how many TBs are ending up at slaughter houses, completely contradictory to what the racing commission says about numbers.

This documentary has been getting a lot of press, and rightfully so......
"The Dark Side of Australia's Horse Racing Industry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-ALoBRW20
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Somnambulist

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:54 am

Retrospectiv wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:50 am
Australian racing taking a major hit as well in recent weeks with the information coming out on just how many TBs are ending up at slaughter houses, completely contradictory to what the racing commission says about numbers.

This documentary has been getting a lot of press, and rightfully so......
"The Dark Side of Australia's Horse Racing Industry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp-ALoBRW20
I think it's been taking a hit in general ever since Taylor Swift backed out of the Melbourne Cup performance as a result of pressure from animal activist groups.
Starine

Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Louisiana Stewards Hand Suspensions To Owner, Trainer Accused In Neglect Case
Kurenai
Site Admin

Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:42 am

The only way to stop this, is an automatic lifelong ban for every trainer/owner who sends their horse to an auction (unless approved), directly to a slaughterhouse, or through a middle man to send it to auction/slaughter house. Fines etc won't do anything. You still can't prevent things like this, especially if the horse goes through a few owners, but it's a good way to lower those numbers. :|
Catalina

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Kurenai wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:42 am
The only way to stop this, is an automatic lifelong ban for every trainer/owner who sends their horse to an auction (unless approved), directly to a slaughterhouse, or through a middle man to send it to auction/slaughter house. Fines etc won't do anything. You still can't prevent things like this, especially if the horse goes through a few owners, but it's a good way to lower those numbers. :|
That would be a much overdue first step.
Starine

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:18 pm

It kind of makes you wonder what you'd have to do to get a lifetime ban. :?
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am

Starine wrote:
Has there ever been one specifically called that, and from which the recipient never returned to racing in his/her lifetime? Rick Dutrow may never return, but his ban was only for 10 years. Burt Sipp and David Jacobson were out of the business for more than a decade each, but returned -- were their bans "lifetime," "indefinite" and ended by some arbitrator or commission decision, or for exactly however many years each stayed away?
stark

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:36 am

WaquoitNBroadBrush wrote:
Starine wrote:
Has there ever been one specifically called that, and from which the recipient never returned to racing in his/her lifetime?
Somewhat related......Pete Rose got a lifetime ban, go figure. Saw him at SoCal tracks a number of times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... d_for_life
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
WaquoitNBroadBrush

Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:14 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:36 am
Starine wrote:
Has there ever been one specifically called that, and from which the recipient never returned to racing in his/her lifetime?
Somewhat related......Pete Rose got a lifetime ban, go figure. Saw him at SoCal tracks a number of times.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... d_for_life
None of the White Sox players accused of throwing the 1919 World Series ever came back, either, even though they were never convicted in a court of law. I think Rose could be reinstated if he says the right words to whoever the commissioner happens to be at the time. Fay Vincent believed he was duty-bound to carry out the wishes of his late predecessor, Bart Giamatti, and would never consider reinstating Rose, but the commissioners who have followed seem to have had more flexibility. I believe Rose has been allowed to be part of one or two ceremonies held by the Cincinnati Reds in recent years, on a case-by-case basis.
Mylute

Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:27 pm

Starine wrote:
Has there ever been one specifically called that, and from which the recipient never returned to racing in his/her lifetime? Rick Dutrow may never return, but his ban was only for 10 years. Burt Sipp and David Jacobson were out of the business for more than a decade each, but returned -- were their bans "lifetime," "indefinite" and ended by some arbitrator or commission decision, or for exactly however many years each stayed away?
IIRC Ernie Paragallo was banned, or was "permanently banned" from New York.

He owned Unbridled's Song and Artax and was later discovered to have abandoned like 50 (I think) horses on a property in New York.

EDIT: Actually 177 horses. Whew. Or from what I can gather they found around 40 or 50 in a state of neglect but ended up seizing 177, which likely included his racing stable and horses at other properties.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Mylute

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Alborano, of ICareIHelp, Ceases Soliciting Donations
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -donations
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
Starine

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:39 pm

It's not the punishment this selfish, conniving woman deserves but at least she can no longer serve for a charitable organization.

And I say this every time, but I am still surprised Haskin will not issue a comment at all.
Sparrow Castle

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:18 pm

If you want to spend some time grieving, along with giving honor to the hapless victims of these disgusting, greedy and soulless people, WesternCanadianOTTB has been tweeting about the horses who are still missing though likely dead, scattered among the bones in the piles left behind. Though still a little hope some will be found safe and well in loving homes.

RIP dear ones, so sorry you had to meet the worst of us.

https://twitter.com/WestCanOTTB
Mylute

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 pm

Odd that whenever someone, namely Paulick, tweets about the Alborano case, there's usually someone in the replies taking potshots at New Vocations...