2019 Fillies + Mares

User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1973
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:51 pm

Starine wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:32 pm
Rushing Fall Aims For Fifth Keeneland Win in First Lady
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... first-lady
All 14 entrants are stakes winners, 10 at the graded level, and besides Rushing Fall, the race includes two others that have already scored in grade 1s: Uni and Vasilika.
This field is gangbusters.
Uni won, setting a NCR.
sweettalk
Posts: 2166
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:05 pm

RF not her usual self =(
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1973
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Blue Prize won the Spinster (G1). Elate was second.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10669
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Uni is a little red rocket ship, and I'd love to see her in the BC Mile. However, she is not BC-nominated and her connections would have to pay a $100,000 fee to make her eligible.
Stay tuned.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... keeneland/
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Sistercharlie Scores Sixth Straight Grade 1 Win
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rade-1-win

She and Bricks and Mortar have been so consistent all year.
Izvestia
Posts: 4085
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:28 am

Starine wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:41 pm
Sistercharlie Scores Sixth Straight Grade 1 Win
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rade-1-win

She and Bricks and Mortar have been so consistent all year.
She is incredibly underrated. Seriously, what a mare!
User avatar
Miss Woodford
Posts: 1186
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:53 am

One week after winning the WV Cavada Breeders' Classic, Anna's Bandit won the Maryland Millions Distaff Handicap carrying the 126lb highweight. She's WV-bred and MD-sired so her Octobers are quite busy :lol:
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... n-distaff/
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4822
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:56 am

They've changed their minds about retiring Morticia.
https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... n_2020_123
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4822
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Got Stormy is something else.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:10 pm
Got Stormy is something else.
Yes, I love that her connections decided to run her back in the Matriarch to keep her in the hunt for an Eclipse award.

Uni beat her in the Breeders' Cup Mile, but she also beat Uni earlier in the year in the Fourstardave. So they are even in grade I wins (both took one over males and one versus their own sex) and head-to-head matchups this year, but Get Stormy also has that second in the Woodbine Mile to her name.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4822
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Starine wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 pm
Mylute wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:10 pm
Got Stormy is something else.
Yes, I love that her connections decided to run her back in the Matriarch to keep her in the hunt for an Eclipse award.

Uni beat her in the Breeders' Cup Mile, but she also beat Uni earlier in the year in the Fourstardave. So they are even in grade I wins (both took one over males and one versus their own sex) and head-to-head matchups this year, but Get Stormy also has that second in the Woodbine Mile to her name.
I'm personally a bigger fan of Got Stormy, but I think Uni gets it because Breeders' Cup.

Sistercharlie has 3 G1 wins, but lost the Breeders' Cup and I think the consistency against males is more impressive. Two weeks ago I would have said Got Stormy would be "third" in the voting, but she may just end up second now.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Hotshot Anna recovering from eye injury
https://www.drf.com/news/hotshot-anna-r ... jury?type=

Street Band has first work since Breeders' Cup
https://www.drf.com/news/street-band-ha ... -cup?type=
Horsebagger
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:34 pm

What's the latest with Monomoy Girl? Any news about return/targets for 2020?
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 5100
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:34 pm
What's the latest with Monomoy Girl? Any news about return/targets for 2020?
She will rejoin Cox's string at the Fair Grounds next month. The Apple Blossom was mentioned as a first major target.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4822
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Come Dancing will race again in 2020.
https://live.drf.com/nuggets/50088-g1-w ... in-in-2020
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4822
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Anna's Bandit Steals Show as Winningest Horse of 2019
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... se-of-2019
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
carole
Posts: 2689
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Mylute wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:21 pm
Anna's Bandit Steals Show as Winningest Horse of 2019
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... se-of-2019
Except that honour actually belongs to both her AND Peekachoo who won 9 races from 17 starts in 2019 and won his final race on New Year's Eve.
Post Reply