2019 Fillies + Mares

Izvestia
Posts: 3900
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am

Bellafina had to do more work than last time, but showed she has some grit. Track may have been not to her liking. I want to see her win outside CA, but She’s staying home for the SA Oaks.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... s-virgenes
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Paradise Woods Seeks Fresh Start in Santa Monica
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... nta-monica

Really nice field. Also includes grade I winners Marley's Freedom and Dream Tree, and grade II winners Selcourt, Mopotism and Escape Clause.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Marley’s Freedom Smokes Santa Monica Rivals
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thor ... ca-rivals/
Cicero Farms' Marley's Freedom scored her eighth career win in 15 starts Saturday at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, Calif., tracking pacesetter Selcourt under Drayden Van Dyke, then taking command in deep stretch to win the Grade 2 Santa Monica Stakes geared down by 1 1/4 lengths. Mopotism finished third, with Escape Clause fourth and Paradise Woods last in the field of five after scratches of Dream Tree and Amuse.
WarBiscuit
Posts: 1347
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Location: Mount Clemens, MI / Hawks Nest, WV

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:19 pm

I hope that there are more folks around here watching this fine filly. Late Night Pow Wow won her 9th in a row yesterday, and would be 12 for 12 if she had not just missed in a race last April. Really fun to watch.

www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/article ... a-fritchie


WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:42 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:19 pm
I hope that there are more folks around here watching this fine filly. Late Night Pow Wow won her 9th in a row yesterday, and would be 12 for 12 if she had not just missed in a race last April. Really fun to watch.

www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/article ... a-fritchie


WarBiscuit
I've been paying attention to LNPW. I think there's a Grade 1 win in her future.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2014
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Gemini wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:42 pm
WarBiscuit wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:19 pm
I hope that there are more folks around here watching this fine filly. Late Night Pow Wow won her 9th in a row yesterday, and would be 12 for 12 if she had not just missed in a race last April. Really fun to watch.

www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/article ... a-fritchie


WarBiscuit
I've been paying attention to LNPW. I think there's a Grade 1 win in her future.
A Grade 1 jock isn't likely to open the gates along the rail and let her have that kind of perfect trip in a Grade 1. Regardless, they're not often being won with 93 Beyers. She'll need to get faster.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4243
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:51 am

Vasilika won yet again. She's becoming a favorite of mine.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... uena-vista
Izvestia
Posts: 3900
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:16 am

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 pm

The always hard-trying Holy Helena won The Very One for the 2nd time today. I am a huge fan of this mare, nice to see her win another graded stakes. https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... e-very-one
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am

Queen's Plate and Prince of Wales Stakes winner Wonder Gadot was second to Go Google Yourself in her four year old debut.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ason-debut
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 5620
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Sad to hear about this heavy favorite's last place finish in the Fair Grounds Oaks...I've been very high on her.

TomAmossRacing @TomAmossRacing
Serengeti empress is fine and comfortable at the barn but she did bleed today following the running of The Fair Grounds Oaks
3:06 PM - 23 Mar 2019 from New Orleans, LA

https://twitter.com/TomAmossRacing/stat ... 6437989377
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 2003
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:58 pm

Well guys, Chasing Yesterday is something.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:58 pm
Well guys, Chasing Yesterday is something.
Slow start, pretty wide, and probably could've won by more. What a classy girl.
Post Reply