Jeremy Balan

stark

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:10 am

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
stark

Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:36 pm

Jeremy Balan
‏@jeremybalan

Since you are one of many to present this misguided assumption, let’s get this out of the way tonight.

I wasn’t “let go.” I wasn’t “fired.” I resigned.
lurkey mclurker

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:39 am

He asks a legitimate question, too.
Jeremy Balan @jeremybalan
11h 11 hours ago

The question no one likely wants to address about Santa Anita's resumption of racing is... What happens when the next horse breaks down?

I know, I know. I'm focusing on the negative, but it's an important question.

How much time without a breakdown makes the next one tolerable?
Sparrow Castle

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 pm

8m8 minutes ago
Some personal news. I’ve accepted a position to be the Content Editor at @TwinSpires and @BetAmerica. It’s a different role (more editing, less writing) and I’m in a sphere outside of journalism for the first time in a long time, but very excited to get to work.
stark

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm kinda tired of Jeremy.
Did he ever say why he quit BH?
katmandu

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 pm
8m8 minutes ago
Some personal news. I’ve accepted a position to be the Content Editor at @TwinSpires and @BetAmerica. It’s a different role (more editing, less writing) and I’m in a sphere outside of journalism for the first time in a long time, but very excited to get to work.
Great news, glad to hear he landed on his feet, and quickly.
stark

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:42 pm

IMHO, Jeremy fulfilled a wish of many by attending his own funeral so to speak. He let all the well wishers pour their hearts out in support of the supposed raw deal he recieved and he soaked it all in.

Only after some time had passed, legal action had been discussed and a GoFundMe page was in the works did he step forward and offer up "I quit".

Kinda tacky in my opinion.
Catalina

Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:37 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:11 pm
I'm kinda tired of Jeremy.
Did he ever say why he quit BH?
Then why read a folder that's clearly about him?
Curtis

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:42 pm
IMHO, Jeremy fulfilled a wish of many by attending his own funeral so to speak. He let all the well wishers pour their hearts out in support of the supposed raw deal he recieved and he soaked it all in.

Only after some time had passed, legal action had been discussed and a GoFundMe page was in the works did he step forward and offer up "I quit".

Kinda tacky in my opinion.
If you wanna be a playa, you gotta play it for all it’s worth. Admit to resigning right away and you quickly become yesterday’s martyr. I’m sure he didn’t like the conditions that prevailed at BH and sometimes self-respect is worth more than your salary. I left a position at a college once because, I’d finally reached my limit. Politics can be a bitch. I wish him luck.
Sparrow Castle

Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Does personal ethics and integrity have no role in your world, stark? Sometimes there's not much difference between "resigning" and "being fired." Jay's just lucky he works for DRF and not Bloodhorse.

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
Since an unseemly situation happened with another reporter this season, I feel compelled to share what just happened between me and Tim Rivto. While walking through the clubhouse carrying radio equipment, he saw me and jokingly asked if he could help. Fine. (thread)

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
When we were about to part, I wished him good luck on the day.
His response: "I wish you were rooting for us."
I cant' repeat what I said beyond calling him "classless,"
He said he was "joking."
He wasn't.
If he or SA thinks I'm rooting against them they are sick. (end thread)

Thread: https://twitter.com/DRFPrivman/status/1 ... 1695638528
Flanders

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:41 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Does personal ethics and integrity have no role in your world, stark? Sometimes there's not much difference between "resigning" and "being fired." Jay's just lucky he works for DRF and not Bloodhorse.

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
Since an unseemly situation happened with another reporter this season, I feel compelled to share what just happened between me and Tim Rivto. While walking through the clubhouse carrying radio equipment, he saw me and jokingly asked if he could help. Fine. (thread)

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
He said he was "joking."
He wasn't.

From that it would seem Rivto wants all media personal banned from the track.... Truly disturbing.
Ugh the one comment in that twitter is beyond words if its true. SA needs to investigate this garbage and replace Rivto asap.
Blame

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:50 pm

Flanders wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
He said he was "joking."
He wasn't.

From that it would seem Rivto wants all media personal banned from the track.... Truly disturbing.
Ugh the one comment in that twitter is beyond words if its true. SA needs to investigate this garbage and replace Rivto asap.
Is what Ritvo is doing is any different than what the NYRA idiots did when they were under investigation for corruption and mismanagement? NYRA literally stole from gamblers for 15 months. The response from the corrupt racetrack officials is always the same. It is someone elses fault. Blame the Governor. Blame the media. Blame someone. But it is never the fault of the people running the track.

Here are the facts. Horses break down all over the country. From NY to CA to FL. Workers are forced to live in deplorable conditions while executives for Stronach and the NYRA pay themselves as much as $500,000 a year. Horse racing is corrupt and dirty. Just like Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc. It is all about money.

Keeneland is probably the only honest fair group out there. It also is the only track that just lets people walk around where the horses and workers live. They have no problems doing this. They have nothing to hide.
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
He said he was "joking."
He wasn't.

If your question is about ethics and integrity and directed at me, then I must ask....what do you think Jay Privman's intent was with sharing this conversation in twitterland? I noticed he was too embarrassed to quote himself.
Flanders

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:07 pm

Blame wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:50 pm
Flanders wrote:
Sparrow Castle wrote:

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago

Jay Privman @DRFPrivman
25m25 minutes ago
He said he was "joking."
He wasn't.

Is what Ritvo is doing is any different than what the NYRA idiots did when they were under investigation for corruption and mismanagement? NYRA literally stole from gamblers for 15 months. The response from the corrupt racetrack officials is always the same. It is someone elses fault. Blame the Governor. Blame the media. Blame someone. But it is never the fault of the people running the track.

Here are the facts. Horses break down all over the country. From NY to CA to FL. Workers are forced to live in deplorable conditions while executives for Stronach and the NYRA pay themselves as much as $500,000 a year. Horse racing is corrupt and dirty. Just like Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc. It is all about money.

Keeneland is probably the only honest fair group out there. It also is the only track that just lets people walk around where the horses and workers live. They have no problems doing this. They have nothing to hide.
The one twitter comment said he was jacking off outside the barn of a female trainer at SA. I meant they needed to investigate that and if it is true, he needs to be fired.
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Flanders wrote:

The one twitter comment said he was jacking off outside the barn of a female trainer at SA. I meant they needed to investigate that and if it is true, he needs to be fired.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being guilty as hell, where would you rate this particular tweet, just as a guess?
Tessablue

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 pm

If you asked me to name one unambiguously decent person in the industry, Privman might be one of the first to come to mind. I can't recall him ever saying or doing anything unworthy of respect.

Meanwhile, this Ritvo guy can't give the same answer twice, and his increasing belligerence has continued to damage the sport. It's hardly surprising to hear that he's one of those "the media is the enemy of the people" guys. At what point does he start to be a liability to the Stronach Group? Several months ago?
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:22 pm

stark wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:13 pm
Flanders wrote:

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being guilty as hell, where would you rate this particular tweet, just as a guess?
Before you answer, you might want to take a look at some other tweets from that same poster...
https://twitter.com/HorseRacingSux/stat ... 5561031681
https://twitter.com/HorseRacingSux/stat ... 4639116288
Somnambulist

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:47 pm

I like how the men in this thread think it's so unlikely that this is feasible. Not saying he did it of course - you can't believe internet gossip. But racing treats women pretty grossly in general.

Really only speaking for myself but I have had such gross things happen to me at the track, including what that one man is claiming happened to someone else. Photos taken without permission, being touched. Promptly left Aqu today after two races as I was one female in a sea of men. Uugh.
Last edited by Somnambulist on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Sparrow Castle

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:54 pm

stark, Just wondered how you arrived at your opinion about Balan posted above. Got my answer. Thanks.

Flanders, Yikes, that Twitter reply wasn't in the thread when I posted the link. I take hearsay like that with a grain of salt. Just hope the trainer reported it, if true.

All, Privman has tweeted before that he also was pressured to back off. Others have tweeted similarly. Lots of folks talked about how they were pressured to enter their horses when otherwise they wouldn't for various reasons. Draw your own conclusions.
stark

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:58 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:54 pm
stark, Just wondered how you arrived at your opinion about Balan posted above. Got my answer. Thanks.
I hope your assumption, whatever it is, is accurate.