2019 Preakness Stakes

Squeaky

Sun May 05, 2019 4:33 pm

I think Alwaysmining is the horse to beat.
Apollo

Sun May 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Who cares? I literally could not care less.

Normally by this point I have already checked the Baltimore and Louisville papers regarding what the trainers are saying and which new shooters are likely. I didn't even consider doing it this time.

The only thing I'll say about the Derby is that Game Winner was second best to Maximum Security. I don't think there was any question about it. I thought Game Winner displayed all of his typical tenacity but simply more ability than I thought he had. If Game Winner goes in the Preakness then I would give him a big chance.

I watched Roadster and Game Winner at the break because I had so many matchup wagers on each of them. Roadster's jockey quickly veered in and all but eliminated Game Winner. I'm sure Mike Smith never would have done that, and I'm sure Bob Baffert took note of that. I'm not sure we'll see Mr. Geroux with such a high profile assignment for Baffert again, at least not in the near future.

Game Winner was stuck in a totally unfamiliar role, next to last. He steadily worked upward but always way outside. For all the discussion about the Maximum Security situation and which horses got the worst of it, I'm not sure the chain reaction didn't hinder Game Winner more than anyone. Bode Express was already stopping badly. That's why it seems to preposterous to lose my matchup wagers on Maximum Security, simply because the stewards brainstormed that Maximum Security had to be slotted behind quitting Bode Express.

Bode Express was stopping and his body got jostled sideways in awkward fashion. Another horse had to veer outward to avoid Bode Express, and that other horse forced Game Winner very wide and into an outward angle. Game Winner not only lost momentum and ground but he had to straighten himself while all the other horses were already aimed at the wire.

Overall I thought it was a very underrated performance by Game Winner. I needed that because it saved many matchups for me.
Mylute

Sun May 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Apollo wrote:

Normally by this point I have already checked the Baltimore and Louisville papers regarding what the trainers are saying and which new shooters are likely. I didn't even consider doing it this time.

The only thing I'll say about the Derby is that Game Winner was second best to Maximum Security. I don't think there was any question about it. I thought Game Winner displayed all of his typical tenacity but simply more ability than I thought he had. If Game Winner goes in the Preakness then I would give him a big chance.

I watched Roadster and Game Winner at the break because I had so many matchup wagers on each of them. Roadster's jockey quickly veered in and all but eliminated Game Winner. I'm sure Mike Smith never would have done that, and I'm sure Bob Baffert took note of that. I'm not sure we'll see Mr. Geroux with such a high profile assignment for Baffert again, at least not in the near future.

Game Winner was stuck in a totally unfamiliar role, next to last. He steadily worked upward but always way outside. For all the discussion about the Maximum Security situation and which horses got the worst of it, I'm not sure the chain reaction didn't hinder Game Winner more than anyone. Bode Express was already stopping badly. That's why it seems to preposterous to lose my matchup wagers on Maximum Security, simply because the stewards brainstormed that Maximum Security had to be slotted behind quitting Bode Express.

Bode Express was stopping and his body got jostled sideways in awkward fashion. Another horse had to veer outward to avoid Bode Express, and that other horse forced Game Winner very wide and into an outward angle. Game Winner not only lost momentum and ground but he had to straighten himself while all the other horses were already aimed at the wire.

Overall I thought it was a very underrated performance by Game Winner. I needed that because it saved many matchups for me.
I hate to break this to you, but everybody could care less about you, as well.

Some people want to be happy and move on. Not everybody wants to be negative constantly.

Anyway, I like Alwaysmining and Anothertwistafate. Funny, they both have "those" kinds of names.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Somnambulist

Sun May 05, 2019 6:46 pm

I am hoping War of Will comes out of this just fine and they run him here. I never gave up on him and think he's in good form right now.

I will likely be watching from my phone. Why are people born and why do they then have events during the TC series?
"Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
Northport

Sun May 05, 2019 6:58 pm

Apollo wrote:
For someone who could not care less, you certainly wrote a lot of paragraphs
weeeeeeeee
stark

Sun May 05, 2019 7:32 pm

Mark Hennig
‏@Hennigracing

After watching the Derby yesterday, and speaking to the owners’ of Bourbon War, we are PROBABLE for the Preakness. The success of the FL horses in the Derby was great to see and we feel that Bourbon War is more than worthy of a start in Baltimore. The Peter Pan would be plan B.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Laurierace

Sun May 05, 2019 8:20 pm

I apologize if this is against forum rules but I am looking for a couple more tickets to the Preakness so if you are unable to attend or disillusioned and don't want to attend let me know what you have.
Spahny

Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Sounds like War of Will is feeling just fine today. Here's Casse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BOfZHPfVdQ
djnorth

Sun May 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Hope WOW and MS go along with Bourbon War. Other Derby horses too.
Starine

Sun May 05, 2019 8:52 pm

I like War of Will. I liked his works going into the Derby and, even though he didn't place, he sure made a fan out of me in the Derby.
stark

Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Laurierace wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:20 pm
I apologize if this is against forum rules but I am looking for a couple more tickets to the Preakness so if you are unable to attend or disillusioned and don't want to attend let me know what you have.
just my recommendation......I'd start a new thread so that this request sticks out, it'll get buried here and not seen by enough people.
Good luck, enjoy!
Apollo

Mon May 06, 2019 12:08 am

I hope Maximum Security does not run. This may seem bitter but that is okay. Thoroughbred racing does not deserve a brief surge of attention from unlikely fans, similar to the 1994 Winter Olympics with the Tonya/Nancy situation.

This sport yesterday may have prided itself in what it considers a rightful decision. Fine. But the bottom line is that the decision bought Country House as the face of the sport. I hope that is where it remains in the short term.

IMO, the most disgraceful aspect of Saturday was when an ESPN reporter shoved a microphone into Servis' face and asked if he was determined to get revenge in the Preakness.
Somnambulist

Mon May 06, 2019 9:52 am

I now live in a world where people defend Jason Servis.
pointgivenfan

Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 am

Somnambulist wrote:
Why is he such a villain? I know nothing about him.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
Mylute

Mon May 06, 2019 10:23 am

pointgivenfan wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 10:05 am
Somnambulist wrote:
Why is he such a villain? I know nothing about him.
He is a villain because we big mad.

I see people accusing Jason Servis of doping and having needles or whatever but I have asked repeatedly on multiple platforms for proof of such (because I've never heard anything) and nobody ever responds.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
luvsgeldings

Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 am

yeah I wish someone would tell us what Jason Servis has done wrong - because I have no clue either - but I read people make comments about him like he is a cheater - never heard anything about this before - so I am curious myself.
Somnambulist

Mon May 06, 2019 11:34 am

I'm more surprised given the amount of public vitriol around him that anyone is defending him. I have no idea if he's actually guilty or anything.

I think his win percentage at times makes people suspicious.
Treve

Mon May 06, 2019 11:51 am

Gary west has reiterated that Maximum Security won’t run in the Preakness.
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...

And a Queen named Beholder
stark

Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 am

Treve wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:51 am
Gary west has reiterated that Maximum Security won’t run in the Preakness.
........because there's no Triple Crown on the line!
What if......he were to win whatever this legal action is he's taking and be declared the Derby winner?
stark

Mon May 06, 2019 11:55 am

Jay Privman
‏@DRFPrivman

Baffert: all 3 Derby runners came out of race well, "right now" only Improbable only one being considered for Preakness