https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... preakness/
*At a cost of $150,000.

Bourbon War Breezes; Will Add Blinkers For Preakness
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... preakness/

Improbable ‘Feeling Good’ In Routine Jog Thursday
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... -thursday/

‘Preakness Is A Go’ For Oaklawn Invitational Winner Laughing Fox
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... ghing-fox/

Preakness Notes: Decision Day Friday For Bodexpress; War Of Will ‘Full Of Himself’
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/trip ... f-himself/
Miss Woodford

Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm

Local hopeful Alwaysmining is quite the character:
Before he gets bored and heads back inside his stall, I pull a reporter’s notebook from my back pocket. The wire rings at the top are interesting – to a horse – and he wrinkles his nose as I move the notebook back and forth. The space between a horse’s nostrils might be the best part – soft, short hairs that feel good. It’s like felt, velvet maybe, or the trim of a baby’s favorite blanket. It’s not any of those things, of course, but it’s close. And better. I have no idea what Alwaysmining thinks about this part of a horse, but he’s all about those notebook spirals. If the Ampad Earthwise Gregg-Ruled reporter’s notebook ever needs a second career horse toy could be in the mix. Alwaysmining rubs, fiddles, fidgets, curls his lip way up to show off his Jockey Club tattoo and comes back for more.
https://thisishorseracing.com/news/inde ... th-a-horse
:D :D :D
Catalina

Fri May 10, 2019 10:02 am

Miss Woodford wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:34 pm
Local hopeful Alwaysmining is quite the character:
Before he gets bored and heads back inside his stall, I pull a reporter’s notebook from my back pocket. The wire rings at the top are interesting – to a horse – and he wrinkles his nose as I move the notebook back and forth. The space between a horse’s nostrils might be the best part – soft, short hairs that feel good. It’s like felt, velvet maybe, or the trim of a baby’s favorite blanket. It’s not any of those things, of course, but it’s close. And better. I have no idea what Alwaysmining thinks about this part of a horse, but he’s all about those notebook spirals. If the Ampad Earthwise Gregg-Ruled reporter’s notebook ever needs a second career horse toy could be in the mix. Alwaysmining rubs, fiddles, fidgets, curls his lip way up to show off his Jockey Club tattoo and comes back for more.
https://thisishorseracing.com/news/inde ... th-a-horse
:D :D :D
That was just adorable! All the best for the Preakness, Alwaysmining!
Starine

Fri May 10, 2019 8:41 pm

Alwaysmining ‘Aggressive’ in Final Preakness Prep; Win Win Win Confirmed for Middle Jewel
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/al ... dle-jewel/
tachyon

Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Starine wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:41 pm
Alwaysmining ‘Aggressive’ in Final Preakness Prep; Win Win Win Confirmed for Middle Jewel
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/al ... dle-jewel/
Yay Yay Yay!
stark

Sun May 12, 2019 2:25 pm

The Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez has picked up the mount on the maiden Bodexpress for next Saturday's $1.5 million Preakness Stakes
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Squeaky

Sun May 12, 2019 2:44 pm

D Wayne entering Market King. I really like Alwaysmining.
Gemini

Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 am

stark wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 pm
From a bettor's perspective that's why it's so difficult to make a future wager on some trainers, "he's acting like he's going to be sick" is a new one!
I don't know how many people here have seen "Mean Girls" but Mott's phrasing makes me think of that one chick's tiny little fake cough. :lol:
Mylute

Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 am

Looks like it's going to be a good one guys.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Squeaky

Mon May 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Market King still on vets list from Pat Day Mile. Needs to work in front of track vet then pass a blood test for drugs right after that in order to be allowed to run Sat.
Sparrow Castle

Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Pat Cummings @PatCummingsTIF
8h8 hours ago
With the Preakness forthcoming on Saturday, here is a look at the rules stewards consider in Maryland, which differ from Kentucky.

bobhayes22

Tue May 14, 2019 7:07 pm

I like Owendale 4 wide both turns and my adjusted last 4.5 furlongs 23.07-23.96-6.04 is smoking. Stablemate Warrior's Charge will set the pace. Note!! he covered 5723 feet according to Trakus, so 113 feet extra and i gave him credit for 51 feet off than 113.
stark

Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 am

Jay Privman
‏@DRFPrivman

Just informed by Pimlico media that Everfast has been entered in the Preakness, bringing the field to 13
Joel Rosario to ride.
stark

Wed May 15, 2019 5:33 pm

1. War of Will, 4-1 (Mark Casse/Tyler Gaffalione): There were anxious moments in the Derby, but by all accounts he has bounced out of the race with plenty of energy and has reason to improve if he can avoid traffic trouble. The pace pressing son of War Front should vie for favoritism. He's twice a graded stakes winner in 2019.

2. Bourbon War, 12-1 (Mark Hennig/Irad Ortiz Jr.): Another that had Derby dreams dashed, he’s a confirmed late runner who will add some small-cupped blinkers in hopes the son of Tapit sits closer to the pace. He had little to run at in the Florida Derby (G1) but delivered a nice rally to be second two back in the Fountain of Youth (G2).

3. Warrior’s Charge, 12-1 (Brad Cox/Javier Castellano): Supplemented by his owners for $150,000, the Florida-bred son of Munnings proved to connections he can win around two turns and registered speed figures at Oaklawn that make him a fit here. A relatively late addition to the prospective field, he contributes plenty of early pace.

4. Improbable, 5-2 (Bob Baffert/Mike Smith): The trainer is seeking his record-breaking eighth Preakness score — all his eventual winners have exited the Derby — and adds Smith for the first time. The jockey insists he can improve this horse, who is winless on the year and may finally get involved earlier at Pimlico under the new pilot.

5. Owendale, 10-1 (Brad Cox/Florent Geroux): The Into Mischief colt bounced back in a big way from missing the board in the Risen Star (G2) to win Keeneland’s Lexington (G3), circling the field through the far turn. Cox says the distance is “a question mark,” but Owendale’s running style makes him a fit to last.

6. Market King, 30-1 (D. Wayne Lukas/Jon Court): What’s a Preakness without Lukas? His record 44th starter ran 11th last time in the Blue Grass Stakes (G2), but the trainer took the blame for turning around quickly after a third in Oaklawn’s Rebel (G2). Market King is now fresh, and Lukas will discover whether his colt is more than a miler.

7. Alwaysmining, 8-1 (Kelly Rubley/Daniel Centeno): On a six-race winning streak at Laurel Park, he has passed every test, extending in distance and last time rating in a dominant Federico Tesio Stakes victory. Next comes a question of class. He’s bidding to be the first Maryland-bred Preakness winner since 1983.

8. Signalman, 30-1 (Kenny McPeek/Brian Hernandez Jr.): Connections to the Grade 2 winner passed on entering the Derby as an also-eligible — Signalman had a gash over his eye that required some time — and bring a fresh horse into this race. The son of General Quarters was third last time in Keeneland’s Blue Grass (G2).

9. Bodexpress, 20-1 (Gustavo Delgado/John Velazquez): The horse is a maiden, and the Preakness is one major race missing from Velazquez’s resume. Even though Bodexpress finished 13th in the Derby, he more than justified a trip there, getting cut off on the front stretch and shuffled back while making a bid through the far turn.

10. Everfast, 50-1 (Dale Romans/Joel Rosario): Maybe he’s the next Oxbow. That Preakness longshot upset in 2013 for Calumet Farm, which next sends this winner of one race in 10 lifetime starts. Everfast's best race came when rallying for second in the Holy Bull (G2) at 128-1. Since then, he hasn't hit the board in three starts.

11. Laughing Fox, 20-1 (Steve Asmussen/Ricardo Santana Jr.): The son of Union Rags has won three of five starts this season and last time took the inaugural Oaklawn Invitational on May 4 against a bit of a speed bias. He was also fourth behind some classy colts — Omaha Beach, Improbable and Country House — in the Arkansas Derby (G1).

12. Anothertwistafate, 6-1 (Blaine Wright/Jose Ortiz): Connections passed on the Derby with a “Win and You’re In” free trip to the Preakness in hand. The colt, three times a dominant winner on synthetic, has run second in back-to-back Grade 3 starts on dirt. Do you chalk that up to the trip or a preference for another surface?

13. Win Win Win, 15-1 (Michael Trombetta/Julian Pimentel): He exits a ninth-place finish in the Derby with a valid excuse. This one just didn't take to the slop. Trombetta bases his charge in Maryland, where he has already butted heads once with Alwaysmining. The son of Hat Trick may get the setup he needs to close into a nice finish.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/news/ ... itions_123
MySaladDays

Wed May 15, 2019 8:32 pm

RuffiantoRags wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:26 pm
sweettalk wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am
public: horses are abused and run into the ground! no one cares about their health and safety!
mott: well CH is sick, so we're going to err on the side of caution and pass on the preakness
public: SSUUUUUUURRRE he is, you just think you'll lose and it'll affect the stud fee!

:?: :?: :?:
Ha, I kinda almost agree with that!

I noticed CH didn't look well before it was announced.
So, I had no problem believing he had a cough, since I could see it on him in many ways, he just didn't look well and had actually lost weight. I don't depend on the talking heads or the press to tell me what to think. I use my own eyes.
Opinions, thus, if they compete with what my eye sees, don't bother me if they are contrary to what I see.

I liked this horse and chose him because I like those Mr. P/smart strikes and love the Jade Hunter who sired Azeri.....but there are certain other influences I look for going back thru generations and he had them. Had he not been first by default, I also had wagers on him to place. A beautiful breeding AFAIC and utterly loaded with stamina, which is why when I went back to watch the ARk Derby in slop and he ran past all those horses I was surprised because those high loaded stamina types don't usually do well on mud, the *speedy guys* do.
MySaladDays

Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm

I love bodexpress but thinking he was hard used going from post 19 and not sure I can back a maiden on such short rest.
Glad to see laughing fox made the gate.
I will be using 2 horses for sure in every spot on my exotics, (who just happen to have good double digit odds) but now just have to find 2 or 3 more.
Will be intersted in reading everyon'es thoughts.
Mylute

Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Wow, did War of Will really just draw the one again? Amazing.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Miss Woodford

Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Maryland-bred Alwaysmining looking to make Preakness history for trainer (and former teacher) Kelly Rubley
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/hor ... story.html
Katewerk

Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 pm

Mylute wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 pm
Wow, did War of Will really just draw the one again? Amazing.
Have they been making video of morning exercise available? (been too busy working to keep track this week) . WOW was running away with the exercise rider before the Derby, and we all saw what happened during the race. Just curious if he's under better control now.
TapitsGal

Thu May 16, 2019 7:27 am

poor War of Will the #1 hole again