Travers 2019

Horsebagger

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 am

stark wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:21 pm
Horsebagger wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:28 pm
Had a pretty memorable weekend up in Saratoga, and come back to see how far this site has fallen into the abyss. It was once a place to share handicapping thoughts of major races, and to engage in high-level industry discussion. So much so, it was able to survive that knucklehead Quiet Chris on a daily basis.

Not anymore. Now its a place that's toxic enough to drive AWAY industry insiders.

Sad.
Did you go to Hardoon's seminar? I know he had a couple of real goodie$ and a couple of tough beat$.
Negative. While I respect Hardoon completely in terms of Sheets reads, I'm past the point of adjusting plans to attend seminars for opinions. ;)
Apollo

Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:43 am

Happy Endings wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:10 pm
The audio on Fox's telecast was awful. Horrible buzzing making it hard to hear the commentators. Anyone else notice that? Some of their video was wonky, too. Out of focus and such. They need more practice televising racing before they mess up another major event like that.
I didn't have to worry about it. The local Fox affiliate in Miami didn't bother to show the race. Not a word of warning either. It was scheduled on the channel guide so I taped the Travers only to discover it was nothing but an hour of local news.

When I called to complain the guy who took my call blamed the network, saying that 5-6 PM block is always devoted to local news on his channel so Fox couldn't expect them to deviate.