2019 Breeders Cup Classic and Watch

BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10527
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:05 pm

The connections of Mongolian Groom are going for it. 8-)
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... up-classic
stark
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:24 pm

From DRF.....

Tacitus, third most recently in the Jockey Club Gold Cup behind Code of Honor and Vino Rosso, will get the rest of the year off and will miss the Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita, trainer Bill Mott said Tuesday.

Tacitus is scheduled to remain in training next year at age 4.

"We're going to give him some time, let him grow," said Mott, who trains Tacitus for his owner and breeder, Juddmonte Farms.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:42 pm

Preservationist retired and will stand at Airdrie next year.
carole
Posts: 2613
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 am

I’m happy about the Tacitus news. He deserves the chance to grow into himself more and show what he’s really made of in 2020. I suspect he might be another Gun Runner/Accelerate in the making.
KatieK101
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:16 pm

carole wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:43 am
I’m happy about the Tacitus news. He deserves the chance to grow into himself more and show what he’s really made of in 2020. I suspect he might be another Gun Runner/Accelerate in the making.
For sure! He's already proved he has talent and of course he has those bloodlines.
stark
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Joel Rosario will ride McKinzie in the Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita, trainer Bob Baffert said on Wednesday.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10527
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Florida folks are pretty unhappy with the BC right now.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... alifornia/
It does seem disrespectful to horses who won a "Win and You're In" to be told that they have to drive halfway across the country to find a flight to SoCal. :roll:
User avatar
Curtis
Posts: 1374
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 am
Location: Monroe, WA
Contact:

Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm
Joel Rosario will ride McKinzie in the Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita, trainer Bob Baffert said on Wednesday.
Interesting choice. Besides the whip, McKinzie must also hate the rail.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3888
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Remind me why Mike Smith isn't on him again?
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
stark
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Remind me why Mike Smith isn't on him again?
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3888
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 pm

stark wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Remind me why Mike Smith isn't on him again?
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal
I am aware of that. I was inquiring if there was an established, public reason as to why.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
stark
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 pm
stark wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Remind me why Mike Smith isn't on him again?
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal
I am aware of that. I was inquiring if there was an established, public reason as to why.
“I respect Mike and he’s my friend, but I’m entitled to change my mind,” Baffert said Thursday. “McKinzie is not a difficult horse to ride and my whole focus right now is to get him really right.”

"I'm still going to use Mike on horses," Baffert said Tuesday. "But for the Classic, I'm going to make a change. I let Mike know now, because I want to give him a chance to get something else."
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
vfan
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:00 pm

Sweet Melania (American Pharoah - Sweet N Discrete, by Discrete Cat) won the G2 Jessamine by many lengths. This gives her the WAYI for Juvenile Fillies Turf, and in the post-race interview her owner confirmed she's going.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:08 pm

Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 pm
stark wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 pm
Mylute wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:18 pm
Remind me why Mike Smith isn't on him again?
At-will employment is a term used in U.S. labor law for contractual relationships in which an employee can be dismissed by an employer for any reason (that is, without having to establish "just cause" for termination), and without warning, as long as the reason is not illegal
I am aware of that. I was inquiring if there was an established, public reason as to why.
I believe Baffert did not like Mike's latest ride on him, aside from the comments stark posted there was another one where he said something to the effect (paraphrasing) of "I'm going to have to ask [Mike] why he did that".
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Horsebagger
Posts: 2154
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am

If there ever was a year for a foreign horse to ship in and try the Classic, this is the year. Are there any potential candidates?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3888
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:30 am

Horsebagger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am
If there ever was a year for a foreign horse to ship in and try the Classic, this is the year. Are there any potential candidates?
IIRC O'Brien waits until later to announce if he's sending any wild cards over for the Classic.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
stark
Posts: 5439
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 am
Location: SoCal

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:18 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4842
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 pm

‘Very Pleased With Him’: Cox Tabs Owendale For Breeders’ Cup Classic
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bree ... p-classic/
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Horsebagger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am
If there ever was a year for a foreign horse to ship in and try the Classic, this is the year. Are there any potential candidates?
Or a filly. But are there any?
User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1637
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:39 am

Katewerk wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 pm
Horsebagger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am
If there ever was a year for a foreign horse to ship in and try the Classic, this is the year. Are there any potential candidates?
Or a filly. But are there any?
Wasn't Elate considering it?
Post Reply