Breeders Cup Discussion?

User avatar
CoronadosQuest
Posts: 1647
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Bricks is a beast!
User avatar
Retrospectiv
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Wooooooooooo!!

Makes me that much more sad he'll be off to Japan and never stand here.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Tessablue
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Channel Maker leaned on him every step of the way. I was scared he was going to clip heels half a dozen times over. Awesome job by Irad to keep him together, and he was just so brave.

Bring on the Mitole vs. Bricks debate! Best HOTY argument ever!
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4224
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Bandua actually ran a pretty good race, just got swallowed up at the end.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
carole
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 pm

What a horse! Troubled race but he was so game, just wanted to win so bad!

He’s the Horse of the Year in my eyes!
Somnambulist

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:47 pm

Retrospectiv wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm
Wooooooooooo!!

Makes me that much more sad he'll be off to Japan and never stand here.
For now. Until the right sum is offered. It's a bit off but I can see turf racing taking of dirt here no problem. The fields are fuller, more competitive and the betting is better.
User avatar
Kurenai
Site Admin
Posts: 1131
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:01 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Well he won despite the questionable ride (one time slammed way to hard on the break and lost his position) :lol:
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4224
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Eclipse voters are dirt-biased of course and are deathly afraid of breaking tradition, so probably Mitole gets it.

But BaM is undefeated this year, and Mitole isn't.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4590
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm

Poor Anthony Van Dyck, really got into a lot of traffic trouble. I feel like Ryan Moore often gets stuck in traffic in the US.
Incredible win by Bricks and Mortar!
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Somnambulist

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:50 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm
Eclipse voters are dirt-biased of course and are deathly afraid of breaking tradition, so probably Mitole gets it.

But BaM is undefeated this year, and Mitole isn't.
Mitole is bomb though. But he won't get it. If CoH, VR, or Mckenize win the Classic that's your HoY.

Tides they are a turnin' though.
Tessablue
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Hey my guy Zulu Alpha ran really well! Shame about Anthony van Dyck but I'm not sure he would have gotten there either way. What a run from United at at huge price, good for Mandella!
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:52 pm

A Giant’s Causeway exacta. How cool is that?
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10575
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 pm

I don't care who wins the Classic now; Bricks and Mortar should be HotY. :twisted:
Tessablue
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Yoshida even with Vino Rosso? Wow...
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4224
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:50 pm
Mylute wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 pm
Eclipse voters are dirt-biased of course and are deathly afraid of breaking tradition, so probably Mitole gets it.

But BaM is undefeated this year, and Mitole isn't.
Mitole is bomb though. But he won't get it. If CoH, VR, or Mckenize win the Classic that's your HoY.

Tides they are a turnin' though.
Weirder things have happened, though. I remember a lot of anger when Good Magic got champ over the future Triple Crown winner Bolt d'Oro.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Somnambulist

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Weirder things have happened, though. I remember a lot of anger when Good Magic got champ over the future Triple Crown winner Bolt d'Oro.
You should have been around for the Culrin, Zenyatta vs. Rachel or Zenyatta v. Blame days And probably Mineshaft. Those were the days. In some ways it feels just like yesterday.

Edit: can't spell
Last edited by Somnambulist on Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sweettalk
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:58 pm

CURLIN VS JESUS THREAD. BEST THREAD.
Tessablue
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:05 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Empire Maker vs. Funny Cide for champ 3yo was the most insane this forum has ever been. Smarty Jones vs. Ghostzapper for HOTY was also... impassioned...
sweettalk wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:58 pm
CURLIN VS JESUS THREAD. BEST THREAD.
LEGENDS ONLY
User avatar
Retrospectiv
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Retrospectiv wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 pm
Wooooooooooo!!

Makes me that much more sad he'll be off to Japan and never stand here.
For now. Until the right sum is offered. It's a bit off but I can see turf racing taking of dirt here no problem. The fields are fuller, more competitive and the betting is better.
He was sold to Shadai. There will be no coming back, or better offer.
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
Somnambulist

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 pm
Empire Maker vs. Funny Cide for champ 3yo was the most insane this forum has ever been. Smarty Jones vs. Ghostzapper for HOTY was also... impassioned...
How did I forget Funny Cide? Someone made an impassioned argument that FC deserved it just because of 9/11... what a forum
Post Reply