2019 Eclipse Awards-Predictions?

thinair

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 am

sweettalk wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:29 am

he's always like that. i used to try to be nice to him because he does have some informative posts i can learn from, but he basically hates everyone and i've given up. i usually have him on ignore, but sometimes show his posts anyway in hopes he's said something relevant to the topic, maybe another insight from another angle. sometimes i get that, sometimes it's just him antagonising posters.
edit; $10 he quotes this and gets ugly with me, which would only prove my point :roll: and i remember actually being HAPPY to see him back after a lengthy forum crash, once. oh well.
You are up for an Eclipse Award for biggest overreaction of the year on an internet message board. Congrats, as it's not easy. You were also far more insulting than I was in suggesting that someone who would vote for a horse with zero qualifications for an award fortunately does not have a vote. If anything, I was guilty of stating the obvious.

Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes. However, if you can't take the heat, don't give out indefensible opinions. Be ready to defend your opinions. If you can't, maybe you should reevaluate them. Hating the person who spoke the truth is a disease these days. Joining the wrong side in that fight is nothing to be proud of.
Northport

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:26 am

thinair wrote:
sweettalk wrote:

he's always like that. i used to try to be nice to him because he does have some informative posts i can learn from, but he basically hates everyone and i've given up. i usually have him on ignore, but sometimes show his posts anyway in hopes he's said something relevant to the topic, maybe another insight from another angle. sometimes i get that, sometimes it's just him antagonising posters.
edit; $10 he quotes this and gets ugly with me, which would only prove my point :roll: and i remember actually being HAPPY to see him back after a lengthy forum crash, once. oh well.
Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes. However, if you can't take the heat, don't give out indefensible opinions. Be ready to defend your opinions. If you can't, maybe you should reevaluate them. Hating the person who spoke the truth is a disease these days. Joining the wrong side in that fight is nothing to be proud of.
weeeeeeeee
Flanders

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:34 am

He is allowed to state his opinion.

Maybe I wouldn't say it in the way he did but I agree with the thought process behind it. No way Belvoir Bay deserves to be on the voting list for Turf Female. Top 3 are Uni, Sistercharlie and Got Stormy. That doesn't mean she is a bad horse either, the other 3 just have better records this year.
Curtis

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:46 am

sweettalk wrote:
Mylute wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:52 pm
thinair wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Good thing you aren't a voter.
What's in your craw?
I asked for an explanation as to what would prompt a vote for Belvoir Bay and got nothing but crickets. The poster to which you’re responding, sweetalk, doesn’t seem to really want to have a discussion but just wants to throw stuff out there, some of it pretty outlandish. Thinair’s response my have lacked the tact that mine exhibited but he did get a response albeit unsubstantiated.
stark

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:05 pm

sweettalk wrote:
Mylute wrote:
thinair wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Good thing you aren't a voter.
What's in your craw?
For such a short guy, it is rather amazing how often he manages to talk down to people.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
thinair

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:38 pm

stark wrote:

For such a short guy, it is rather amazing how often he manages to talk down to people.
This is so sad on so many levels that it's hard to know where to start. Taking a shot at my height? Really? What are you, six years old?

Keep on trolling. The only one you are, apparently, fooling is yourself.
stark

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 pm

thinair wrote:
stark wrote:

It is rather amazing how often he manages to talk down to people.
This is so sad on so many levels that it's hard to know where to start. Taking a shot at my height? Really? What are you, six years old?

You're right, that wasn't necessary. Edited the quote for correctness.
stark

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm

stark wrote:
thinair wrote:
stark wrote:

It is rather amazing how often he manages to talk down to people.

Last add......Checked out another horsey forum called PaceAdvantage, originally I thought they were all into the harness game but apparently they discuss real horse racing too. Anyways, there's this one poster who assigned himself the handle.....TheLittleGuy and every so often he complains that somebody there is trolling, LOL, imagine that!
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/foru ... y.php?f=10
sweettalk

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Curtis wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:46 am
sweettalk wrote:
Mylute wrote:

What's in your craw?
I asked for an explanation as to what would prompt a vote for Belvoir Bay and got nothing but crickets. The poster to which you’re responding, sweetalk, doesn’t seem to really want to have a discussion but just wants to throw stuff out there, some of it pretty outlandish. Thinair’s response my have lacked the tact that mine exhibited but he did get a response albeit unsubstantiated.
i just raised an eyebrow and shrugged it off as "give it to the BC winner who did the cool thing". so while i agree that the suggestion could have used at least one sentence of rationalising, stirring the pot shouldn't be accepted just because it gets responses (i get that that's not quite what you were saying). if the poster doesn't want to defend their choice, they can just be ignored for the rest of the discussion.
Starine

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 pm

The Turf Female and Three-Year-Old awards are the most intriguing to me. Uni won at the Breeders' Cup over Get Stormy, but Get Stormy beat her (and males) in the Fourstardave while setting a course record. She also has that second versus males in the Woodbine Mile, which tips the scale for me -- but I know the Breeders' Cup carries so much weight with Eclipse voters.

As far as Three-Year-Old goes, if Maximum Security wins the Cigar Mile on Saturday I would definitely give him the award over Code of Honor. That would give him three grade I's this year, not counting of course his disqualification in the Kentucky Derby.
MySaladDays

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:40 pm

stark wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm
stark wrote:
thinair wrote:

Last add......Checked out another horsey forum called PaceAdvantage, originally I thought they were all into the harness game but apparently they discuss real horse racing too. Anyways, there's this one poster who assigned himself the handle.....TheLittleGuy and every so often he complains that somebody there is trolling, LOL, imagine that!
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/foru ... y.php?f=10

Don't ever expect to receive an thoroughly honest opinion from anyone who's *livlihood* depends on the game as presently constituted if the status quo is working for them..........and that goes double for the ultra smug ones.
MySaladDays

Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 pm

thinair wrote:
Hating the person who spoke the truth is a disease these days.
People thinking they have the *only* truth, when they don't, is also a disease these days. ;)
thinair

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:00 pm

MySaladDays wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:05 pm
thinair wrote:
Hating the person who spoke the truth is a disease these days.
People thinking they have the *only* truth, when they don't, is also a disease these days. ;)
The issue is more people that perpetuate lies as though they are truths, since you decided to further this.
BaroqueAgain1

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:59 am

Champ 2yo Female:
Horse: British Idiom
Reason: 2 Grade 1 wins, won the end of year championship. Think she's pretty much a lock.

Bast took the G1 Starlet at Los Al today, giving her three G1s for the year. Doesn't that put her in the conversation?
ThreeMustangs

Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Champ 2yo Female:
Reason: 2 Grade 1 wins, won the end of year championship. Think she's pretty much a lock.

Bast took the G1 Starlet at Los Al today, giving her three G1s for the year. Doesn't that put her in the conversation?
If she had finished a close second in the BC, maybe. But she was third.
stark

Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:31 pm

It sure will make for interesting conversations when 3YO Champ Max loses to Omaha Beach in the Pegasus ;)
Curtis

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:10 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Champ 2yo Female:

She was also running yesterday and not standing in a stall.
ThreeMustangs

Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:45 pm

Curtis wrote:
ThreeMustangs wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Champ 2yo Female:

You can’t lose standing in a stall. Doesn’t having the horses she beat in the BC finish 1-2 in a G1 flatter British Idiom?

Why didn’t Storm the Court didn’t run in the Futurity?
Curtis

Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:17 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:45 pm
Curtis wrote:
ThreeMustangs wrote:

You can’t lose standing in a stall. Doesn’t having the horses she beat in the BC finish 1-2 in a G1 flatter British Idiom?

Why didn’t Storm the Court didn’t run in the Futurity?
Your first sentence illustrates my point. Awards should be won as opposed to not lost. You can give the award to British Idiom, but I think stating that Bast doesn’t deserve to be in the conversation is ridiculous, especially as we converse about it. As for your question, you’d need to ask Peter Eurton. I personally wouldn’t vote for a horse in that category.
ThreeMustangs

Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Bast does deserve to be in the conversation. But why should British Idiom ship west again to run against two horses a) she’s already defeated and b) did not have to ship?

2yo male is a mess. Storm the Court will get it by default. If Tiz the Law had won last weekend, he may have had a shot.