Report: Zayat Sued for $23 Million, Sold Shares in American Pharoah

Green Desert

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Agreed. I've been there and that would suck.
At least a relatively impartial ( I realize how ludicrous that sounds, but hopefully in the context of the entire sentence people understand what I mean) party is looking into that, as opposed to private parties who can afford to bring suit against the Zayats to protect their own interests.
I've always been curious to know whether the individual states were conducting audits and discovered the pay discrepancies in those cases or whether they were pointed in that direction by anonymous parties impacted by their actions ( knowing that so many are low paid individuals with a desire to avoid attention/ simply keep their heads above water.) I honestly hope it is the latter.
Mylute

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Yeomanstown Files for Dismissal in Zayat Suit Claims
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... uit-claims
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
stark

Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:20 pm

From the California Stewards meeting minutes for the week re: financial obligations.
With all of the concern posted here for the "little guys getting $crewed" it continues to amaze me that I never see the name Zayat mentioned in these things provided courtesy of the LA Times.

--Jockey agent James Russell (J.R.) Pegram, Jr. had a ruling set aside for failing to appear at a stewards’ hearing on Aug. 11, 2018 at Del Mar. The hearing was for an alleged sale of a horse to Jeff Meyers for $4,000. Meyer filed a complaint after he did not receive the horse or his money back. The ruling said Pegram has met his obligation.

--Owner Javier Cardenas was suspended for failing to appear at a stewards’ hearing on Feb. 7. Cardenas allegedly owed trainer William Morey $3,955. The suspension was supposed to start on Feb. 15. Cardenas is barred from all places in which the CHRB has jurisdiction.

--Owner Myles McMahon was restored in good standing after failing to show for a stewards’ hearing on Jan. 5. McMahon had allegedly not paid a past due bill of $376.78 to veterinarian Melinda Blue. That bill has been settled.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Mylute

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:26 pm

Zayat Suit: Judge Dismisses Claims Against Yeomanstown
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... eomanstown
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
TapitsGal

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:59 pm

Zayat Stables has filed a motion to have the fraud claim removed