Stallion News

lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2895
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:46 pm

dangit now I've got the munchies :lol:

via @KeibaKate

Image
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4853
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Sir Prancelot (Tamayuz) at Rancho San Miguel. He looks so great!
Image
Image
https://twitter.com/SirPstallion/status ... 0778598401
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4853
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Creator (Tapit) and Animal Kingdom (Leroidesanimaux) being fabulous under tack in Japan.

https://www.facebook.com/shigeki.yusa/v ... 083774830/

https://www.facebook.com/shigeki.yusa/v ... 747110597/
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
KatieK101
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:54 pm

I've been dreading this day. Lanes' End just announced that AP Indy has passed away.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ium=social
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4853
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:20 pm

KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:54 pm
I've been dreading this day. Lanes' End just announced that AP Indy has passed away.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ium=social
I was thinking the other day it was interesting that A.P. Indy, who was the same age as Preach (Pulpit's mom), outlived her.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I'm heartbroken......god, I loved that horse. He lived a LONG, happy life, and for that I'm grateful. Indy carried on his great sire's legacy and he's name will run through generations of racehorses. I wish, wish WISH I had visited him.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I'm heartbroken......god, I loved that horse. He lived a LONG, happy life, and for that I'm grateful. Indy carried on his great sire's legacy and he's name will run through generations of racehorses. I wish, wish WISH I had visited him.
Me too. I saw him race every time he ran in Southern California and have loved him from the first time I saw him. What a great, great horse. Many tears tonight. He was the last living great sire who was a maternal grandson of Secretariat. It is for this reason that I hope Chrome becomes a successful sire...to continue a branch of Indy's line.
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I'm heartbroken......god, I loved that horse. He lived a LONG, happy life, and for that I'm grateful. Indy carried on his great sire's legacy and he's name will run through generations of racehorses. I wish, wish WISH I had visited him.
Me too. I saw him race every time he ran in Southern California and have loved him from the first time I saw him. What a great, great horse. Many tears tonight. He was the last living great sire who was a maternal grandson of Secretariat. It is for this reason that I hope Chrome becomes a successful sire...to continue a branch of Indy's line.
Did you see his debut and maiden win? Wow, that's awesome. I hope Chrome becomes a success as well......love that boy.
tachyon
Posts: 4059
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm

May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 pm

tachyon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
I remember being scared that Tsurumaki would send him to stud in Japan, but it turns out that he wasn’t interested in breeding. We came close to losing Indy to Japan anyway as I recall Tsurumaki also bought a very expensive Fappiano colt at the July sale, and he wanted to race one of them in his home country. Fortunately he chose the Fappiano colt
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:12 pm
Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:57 pm
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo !

I'm heartbroken......god, I loved that horse. He lived a LONG, happy life, and for that I'm grateful. Indy carried on his great sire's legacy and he's name will run through generations of racehorses. I wish, wish WISH I had visited him.
Me too. I saw him race every time he ran in Southern California and have loved him from the first time I saw him. What a great, great horse. Many tears tonight. He was the last living great sire who was a maternal grandson of Secretariat. It is for this reason that I hope Chrome becomes a successful sire...to continue a branch of Indy's line.
Did you see his debut and maiden win? Wow, that's awesome. I hope Chrome becomes a success as well......love that boy.
Yes, I saw most of his Southern California races. I always admired Eddie D. and was delighted he rode Indy. Perfect rider for Indy's running style. Some people might not realize that Indy was born in 1989, just a few months before his maternal grandsire, Secretariat, died. In retrospect, it was sort of the passing of the torch. Indy even ran the second fastest Belmont, 2:26 flat (when races were timed in 1/5ths), two seconds behind Secretariat's 2:24.
User avatar
Ridan_Remembered
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:15 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:24 pm

tachyon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
Tachyon, one of the reasons I hope Chrome becomes a successful sire is because he would continue Indy's line through a different Indy grandson. If that happens, it will Japan's gain.
tachyon
Posts: 4059
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:32 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 pm
tachyon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
I remember being scared that Tsurumaki would send him to stud in Japan, but it turns out that he wasn’t interested in breeding. We came close to losing Indy to Japan anyway as I recall Tsurumaki also bought a very expensive Fappiano colt at the July sale, and he wanted to race one of them in his home country. Fortunately he chose the Fappiano colt
Tomonori Tsurimaki was operating a company for automobile-racing circuit ''AutoPolis'' (i.e. A.P.) in Japan.
But AutoPolis went bankrupt in 1992 following the bubble-burst of Japanese economy those days, which could be one of the the major reasons for his sale of A.P. Indy.

Tomonori Tsurumaki passed away in 2007.

One may still find a pick of A.P. Indy with Tomonori Tsurumaki at Belmont Park now.
Image
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 5107
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Sir Prancealot looks like a million bucks.

Sorry of course to hear about A.P. Indy, but what a ripe old age he lived to. Kind of seemed like he was going to be around forever.
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:22 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:12 pm
Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:08 pm


Me too. I saw him race every time he ran in Southern California and have loved him from the first time I saw him. What a great, great horse. Many tears tonight. He was the last living great sire who was a maternal grandson of Secretariat. It is for this reason that I hope Chrome becomes a successful sire...to continue a branch of Indy's line.
Did you see his debut and maiden win? Wow, that's awesome. I hope Chrome becomes a success as well......love that boy.
Yes, I saw most of his Southern California races. I always admired Eddie D. and was delighted he rode Indy. Perfect rider for Indy's running style. Some people might not realize that Indy was born in 1989, just a few months before his maternal grandsire, Secretariat, died. In retrospect, it was sort of the passing of the torch. Indy even ran the second fastest Belmont, 2:26 flat (when races were timed in 1/5ths), two seconds behind Secretariat's 2:24.
Indeed Eddie was perfect. I saw Indy’s race in the JCGC - remarkable. He broke terribly - apparently injured his hoof- and closed like a freight train to run second.

I never got to visit him at stud, but I’ll never forget that day at the track.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1975
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:39 am

I was lucky enough to visit him after the BC in 2018. It was the highlight of the trip.

I knew he wouldn’t live forever, but damn, this one hurts.
Attachments
2836368B-FD4A-486B-B72A-CF828E5EABA4.jpeg
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:02 pm

I’ve never seen this before..Mr. Farish sure did love Indy, and Indy loved him back. How sad it must be for everyone at Lane’s End to pass his empty stall...

https://twitter.com/watchxbtv/status/12 ... 11488?s=21
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4853
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 pm
tachyon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
I remember being scared that Tsurumaki would send him to stud in Japan, but it turns out that he wasn’t interested in breeding. We came close to losing Indy to Japan anyway as I recall Tsurumaki also bought a very expensive Fappiano colt at the July sale, and he wanted to race one of them in his home country. Fortunately he chose the Fappiano colt
Who was the Fappiano colt?
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4853
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:35 pm

Take Charge Indy apparently had a little black goat as his stable buddy in Korea, and said goat buddy pulled a Mr.Z and took some of his tail off. "The only thing missing is part of his tail, he left that in Korea." Also, in the background, you can see the stall plate of Sharp Humor, who was also sold to Korea and who passed away there in 2015 after a paddock accident.

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
Slewfan2
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:55 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 pm
Slewfan2 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 pm
tachyon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
May he rest in peace.
A.P. Indy raced for a Japanese owner Tomonori Tsurumaki.
As a great sire of sires, he is having a big influence on Japanese racing, too.
I remember being scared that Tsurumaki would send him to stud in Japan, but it turns out that he wasn’t interested in breeding. We came close to losing Indy to Japan anyway as I recall Tsurumaki also bought a very expensive Fappiano colt at the July sale, and he wanted to race one of them in his home country. Fortunately he chose the Fappiano colt
Who was the Fappiano colt?
I googled it - AP Jet. He won a grade 3 in Japan and ultimately became a sire in NY.
Post Reply