First Winners

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Little Lion Girl Pounces to be Imagining's First Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rst-winner
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:57 pm

Kitty Jak First Winner for Admiral Kitten
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ral-kitten
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:15 am

R Sea Smoke Becomes First Winner For Lea
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... er-for-lea
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:03 am

Hangover Kid Gets First Winner in Maryland
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... n-maryland

Daddy Long Legs Gets First Northern Hemisphere Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ere-winner

Fast Scene First Black-Type Winner for Fast Anna
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -fast-anna

Golden Horn Gets First Winner as West End Girl Dazzles
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rl-dazzles
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 pm

No article yet but I saw that Honor Code just got his first winner in the first at Laurel.

It's Night Code, the colt out of Unenchantedevening.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Mylute wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 pm
No article yet but I saw that Honor Code just got his first winner in the first at Laurel.

It's Night Code, the colt out of Unenchantedevening.
Yayyy! I know it’s only July, but I worry.
Slewfan2
Posts: 258
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm

Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:49 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:35 pm
Mylute wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 pm
No article yet but I saw that Honor Code just got his first winner in the first at Laurel.

It's Night Code, the colt out of Unenchantedevening.
Yayyy! I know it’s only July, but I worry.
He'd only had 2 or 3 starters, so while I was eager to see him get off the mark, I tried to remember this.......

I saw the video - not as impressed as I'd hoped he'd be, but he's not exactly bred to sprint - and he looks a lot like his daddy.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:15 pm

Sky of Hook is Tapiture's First Blacktype Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ype-winner

Gee She Sparkles Gets First Stakes Win For Race Day
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... r-race-day

Night Code Becomes First Winner For Honor Code
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... honor-code

~ Sky of Hook was also Tapiture's first winner.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Basin First Winner for Freshman Sire Liam's Map
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... -liams-map
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:40 pm

D W Fitz is Palace's First Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rst-winner

Wrecking Crew Becomes First Winner For Sky Kingdom
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... ky-kingdom

Hello Beautiful Skips Home as Golden Lad's First Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rst-winner

Tucker Time First Winner For Declassify
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... declassify

Tony's Rose First North American Winner For Tonalist*
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... r-tonalist

*Tonalist's first winner of all came in Russia, when colt Svaytogor (o/o Cloak, by Galileo) won a "non-black-type Group 1" (?) at Rostov Hippodrome.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
CorridorZ75
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:45 am

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm

While things can change very quickly with first crop sires, I would have to think Lane's End is starting to get a bit concerned that none of their first year sires who all had a good group of mares behind them have been showing out as of yet.

And while Khozan has been getting rightful buzz for his start and a 2.06 AEI over a 1.42 CI , Fast Anna at $7500 has been showing out as well with a 2.37 AEI, 5 winners and 2 BT winners from only 12 starters off a CI of just 1.46. Constitution certainly leading the way with a 3+ AEI on a 1.52 CI and considering he has 123 over 73 for Khozan and 83 of Fast Anna, he has the upper hand for end of the year honors.

For comparison's sake, Honor Code is at 1 AEI over a 2.74 CI, Liam's Map is at 1.21 AEI over a 2.23 CI and Equineline/BH are still using the Tapit numbers for Tonalist. Meanwhile, American Pharoah is at 1.74 over a 3.47 CI.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3236
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 am

CorridorZ75 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm
While things can change very quickly with first crop sires, I would have to think Lane's End is starting to get a bit concerned that none of their first year sires who all had a good group of mares behind them have been showing out as of yet.

And while Khozan has been getting rightful buzz for his start and a 2.06 AEI over a 1.42 CI , Fast Anna at $7500 has been showing out as well with a 2.37 AEI, 5 winners and 2 BT winners from only 12 starters off a CI of just 1.46. Constitution certainly leading the way with a 3+ AEI on a 1.52 CI and considering he has 123 over 73 for Khozan and 83 of Fast Anna, he has the upper hand for end of the year honors.

For comparison's sake, Honor Code is at 1 AEI over a 2.74 CI, Liam's Map is at 1.21 AEI over a 2.23 CI and Equineline/BH are still using the Tapit numbers for Tonalist. Meanwhile, American Pharoah is at 1.74 over a 3.47 CI.
I feel that Honor Code, Liam's Map and Tonalist's foals will need some time or longer races. It doesn't surprise me they don't have a lot of 2yos winners so far.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:07 am

It's still somewhat early into the juvenile racing season; we're just starting to get bigger graded stakes for them.

All of Land's End and their shareholders' first year stallions hit their best strides at 4 years (IIRC). They probably don't expect them to get mega numbers immediately.

They also tend to be patient with their stallions, or more patient than other operations/partnerships.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Bronn Wins Maiden Test to be Conveyance's First Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rst-winner

Vastly Deep First Winner For Tiz a Minister
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... a-minister

Dynaform Gives Micromanage His First Winner
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... rst-winner

Who's the Diva Now First Winner For Lotsa Mischief
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... a-mischief

Side Street Dave First Winner For Govenor Charlie
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... or-charlie
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Elite Song First Winner For Katz My Song
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... tz-my-song

~ Katz My Song is a son of Katz Me If You Can.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Post Reply