2017 Stallion Fees - Changes?

User avatar
Afrashad
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:34 pm

Dubawi has increased to £250,000 from £225,000.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10140
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 pm

If any stallion deserved a fee increase, it's the son of Dubai Millennium.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6018
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:If any stallion deserved a fee increase, it's the son of Dubai Millennium.
When we were at Kildangan Stud in 2015, we were very lucky to be shown the museum-type room where so many Darley trophies and keepsakes are on the display. We saw one whole case dedicated to Dubai Millennium. The pictures of him with Sheikh Mohammed were heartbreaking in retrospect. Whatever else you may feel about Sheikh Mohammed, he so very much loved that horse. I can't see his name without getting a lump in my throat. I'm so glad Dubawi is doing well at stud.

Also glad to see Exceed and Excel got a bit of a price increase to €50,000 from €40,000. His son, first-season sire Helmet (fee to £10,000 from £8,000), just got his first Group 1 winner when his two-year-old son Thunder Snow won the Group 1 Criterium International at Saint-Cloud on Sunday.

The full list of 2017 Darley stallion fees:

Dubawi to stand at career high of £250,000
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/b ... 0/2184607/
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10140
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 am

In TVG's early days, they sent their reporters overseas far more often than they do now. I got to watch the 2001 Dubai World Cup on TVG and, when I saw Dubai Millennium, I remember thinking that I had never seen a more beautiful head on a horse. Big dark eyes, fine muzzle, chiseled head...such a beauty. Such a loss. :(
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6018
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:29 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:In TVG's early days, they sent their reporters overseas far more often than they do now. I got to watch the 2001 Dubai World Cup on TVG and, when I saw Dubai Millennium, I remember thinking that I had never seen a more beautiful head on a horse. Big dark eyes, fine muzzle, chiseled head...such a beauty. Such a loss. :(
I think that win in the Dubai World Cup was in 2000. I remember thinking it was appropriate considering his name, lol. He certainly was an attractive horse.
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Spendthrift fees are set. Could anyone have guessed what a commercial sire Into Mischief would have become? $75k and his book for 2017 is already full. :o

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -2017-fees
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4239
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 pm

I guess Court Vision is out. Not surprising, considering his numbers for this year. They haven't announced where he'll wind up, but maybe he stays in South America like the WinStar stallions. Could maybe have made a go of him had they not started him in Canada.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4481
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Medaglia d'Oro stays at 150 000$
and Bernardini stays at 100 000$
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -stallions
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4481
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:08 pm

A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
User avatar
Insane Crazy
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 am

Treve wrote:Curlin gets a 50k bump at 150 000$
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ong-season
I am so proud of him!
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:04 am

I'd like to read a breeder's perspective on this.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ve-network
Horsebagger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:13 am

So currently, the top of the General Sires list look like this

Tapit - $300,000
Uncle Mo - $75,000 undoubtedly being increased to $150,000 or more
Curlin - $150,000
Candy Ride - $60,000
Lucky Pulpit - IRRELEVENT
Kittens Joy - $100,000
Bernardini - $100,000
Giants Causeway - $85,000
Medaglia D'oro - $150,000

Which one seems to stand out at the moment?
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4239
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:43 am

Horsebagger wrote:So currently, the top of the General Sires list look like this

Tapit - $300,000
Uncle Mo - $75,000 undoubtedly being increased to $150,000 or more
Curlin - $150,000
Candy Ride - $60,000
Lucky Pulpit - IRRELEVENT
Kittens Joy - $100,000
Bernardini - $100,000
Giants Causeway - $85,000
Medaglia D'oro - $150,000

Which one seems to stand out at the moment?
I'm the biggest Kitten's Joy fan you'll find, but until his yearlings start selling higher, his stud fee needs to come down.
User avatar
bare it all
Posts: 1115
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Has Lanes End announced fees? I'd imagine Candy Ride could sustain a small nudge north, no?
Horsebagger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:25 pm

mariasmon wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:So currently, the top of the General Sires list look like this

Tapit - $300,000
Uncle Mo - $75,000 undoubtedly being increased to $150,000 or more
Curlin - $150,000
Candy Ride - $60,000
Lucky Pulpit - IRRELEVENT
Kittens Joy - $100,000
Bernardini - $100,000
Giants Causeway - $85,000
Medaglia D'oro - $150,000

Which one seems to stand out at the moment?
I'm the biggest Kitten's Joy fan you'll find, but until his yearlings start selling higher, his stud fee needs to come down.
mariasmon wrote:
Horsebagger wrote:So currently, the top of the General Sires list look like this

Tapit - $300,000
Uncle Mo - $75,000 undoubtedly being increased to $150,000 or more
Curlin - $150,000
Candy Ride - $60,000
Lucky Pulpit - IRRELEVENT
Kittens Joy - $100,000
Bernardini - $100,000
Giants Causeway - $85,000
Medaglia D'oro - $150,000

Which one seems to stand out at the moment?
I'm the biggest Kitten's Joy fan you'll find, but until his yearlings start selling higher, his stud fee needs to come down.
I agree. We've bred to him a number of times (never having to pay $100,000 btw), and only were able to sell one at what we felt was fair value. Brought one home, and have a mare in foal. He gets runners, but from a commercial breeding perspective, it's hard to find takers at that level who are trying to make money thru sales.
Horsebagger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:27 pm

bare it all wrote:Has Lanes End announced fees? I'd imagine Candy Ride could sustain a small nudge north, no?
Flip his announced fee with KJ's and I think the world is more in balance.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3039
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:09 pm

mariasmon wrote:I guess Court Vision is out. Not surprising, considering his numbers for this year. They haven't announced where he'll wind up, but maybe he stays in South America like the WinStar stallions. Could maybe have made a go of him had they not started him in Canada.
Line of David isn't on the list either. Had they announced that already? I know they sold Wilburn and Victor's Cry earlier in the year.
Vandalay
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 am

Lanes end fees are up,..a bit of a surprise that Quality road & Candy ride stayed the same...in fact the only ones that increased were Twirling candy at $20k (up from $15k) and Union Rags who will stand for $50K (up from $35K)
User avatar
Summer Bird
Posts: 610
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Location: NY

Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 pm

Ashford stud released their stud fees.

Air Force Blue-$25,000
American Pharoah-Private
Competitive Edge-$10,000
Declaration of War-$35,000
Fusaichi Pegasus-$7,500
Giant's Causeway-$75,000
Lookin at Lucky-$17,500
Magician-$7,500
Munnings-$25,000
Shanghai Bobby-$25,000
Stay Thirsty-$10,000
Tale of the Cat-$30,000
Uncle Mo-150,000
Vancouver-$15,000
Verrazano-$17,500
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4481
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 pm

"American Pharoah - Private" as in Galileo Private or...? Seems a little hastily preemptive? Or do they just not want to admit that 100k is more sensible?

Airdrie also announced their fees, they stay pretty stable it seems
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... -2017-fees

Cairo Prince $15 000 (get 'em at the price while you still have the chance. His second weanling at sale today at F-T and he has about 30+ more being sold at Keeneland tomorrow)
Creative Cause $15 000
Include $10 000
Istan $5000 (down from 6000)
Majesticperfection $15 000 (down from $20 000)
Mark Valeski Private (from $2500)
Summer Front $10 000
Upstart $10 000
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Post Reply