Korea Breeding

Catalina

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Ridan_Remembered wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:11 pm

What I'd like to know now is this...what is meant by "initiated the PROCESS to return Take Charge Indy?" If the Koreans have acquiesced to WinStar's right to bring him home, then WinStar should arrange for one or more of their reps (including a veterinarian) to fly over and bring him back ASAP. I realize they probably need to evaluate his physical condition, but the sooner the better. All the horses can't be saved, but at least get TCI out of this terrible situation as fast as possible:

I think TCI actually had a return clause in his contract.
lurkey mclurker

Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 am

CorridorZ75 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Is there a video of him limping? That bandage could just be covering a superficial wound or scrape while it heals, and jumping a mare wouldn't necessarily be a problem at all. Those type of bandages are always a bit bulky and can look moreso once they are stretched due the bending of the joint. It is telling that that the bandage does not go all the way up to the hock and so it would not be particularly supportive for a soft tissue injury (suspensory, tendon, etc). Of course bandages like that can be used immediately post-op to protect the incisions, but I doubt they would have him jumping mares right after surgery on a hind fetlock. He is, after all, a valuable stallion. I would be shocked to wander through the breeding sheds of America and not find a bandage or two. Horses are good at getting into scrapes.
This. And even if he is/was off a little, that might also not have anything to do with a major soundness issue or injury. Our horses at the barn ding themselves all the time... or it might be cellulitis, which can be chronic but manageable, or any of a lot of things.

While I'm happy that TCI is coming back too, he looks in good weight/condition in the photo provided, and I see nothing dire or terrible about either him or the mare or foal in that pic...?
RugbyGirl

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:28 pm

A US stallion named Revolutionary (War Pass) has just arrived in Korea on Aug 28 for breeding next season

On the other hand Tizway has departed Korea for the Usa on 17 September
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
Mylute

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:37 pm

RugbyGirl wrote:
A US stallion named Revolutionary (War Pass) has just arrived in Korea on Aug 28 for breeding next season

Alright so how long ago was it somebody on here asked when Revolutionary would be headed to Soko?
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
TapitsGal

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:04 pm

RugbyGirl wrote:

I wonder what American farm bought Tizway
RugbyGirl

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:10 pm

I think Tizway is on his way to Turkey
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
kelso

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:00 am

CorridorZ75 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:23 pm
Is there a video of him limping? That bandage could just be covering a superficial wound or scrape while it heals, and jumping a mare wouldn't necessarily be a problem at all. Those type of bandages are always a bit bulky and can look moreso once they are stretched due the bending of the joint. It is telling that that the bandage does not go all the way up to the hock and so it would not be particularly supportive for a soft tissue injury (suspensory, tendon, etc). Of course bandages like that can be used immediately post-op to protect the incisions, but I doubt they would have him jumping mares right after surgery on a hind fetlock. He is, after all, a valuable stallion. I would be shocked to wander through the breeding sheds of America and not find a bandage la vuelta live. Horses are good at getting into scrapes.
Did yoi find it?