2019 Fasig-Tipton November Sale

User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:38 pm

I wonder if Mandy Pope will cut back her spending on broodmares having spent $8.2M on the sale-topper at Keeneland?
FlyToTheStars
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Wonder Gadot is consigned by Bluewater. Do you think she can be seen beforehand, lets say this Fri?
KatieK101
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:38 pm
I wonder if Mandy Pope will cut back her spending on broodmares having spent $8.2M on the sale-topper at Keeneland?
I wondered the same thing! I thought she made a comment, something like she had to dip into her broodmare fund to purchase her.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3234
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am

KatieK101 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am
ThreeMustangs wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:38 pm
I wonder if Mandy Pope will cut back her spending on broodmares having spent $8.2M on the sale-topper at Keeneland?
I wondered the same thing! I thought she made a comment, something like she had to dip into her broodmare fund to purchase her.
She said she spent all the money she had set aside for the fall broodmare auctions. Somehow I think if she really wants a mare, she'll find the money.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3691
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Supplements.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... mber-sale/

Mirth - Won the G1 Rodeo Drive last weekend.
Cactus Kris - G3W i/f to Twirling Candy.
Torreadora - Dam of G1W El Tormenta, i/f to Munnings.
Steamy Hot - 3/4 sister to the dam of Eight Rings.
K P Dreamin - G1P juvenile filly.
Barkaa - SPW by Siyouni.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3691
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm

I'm really interested to see how much Escape Clause goes for and who gets her.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Katewerk
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 am

Flanders wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am
KatieK101 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am
ThreeMustangs wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:38 pm
I wonder if Mandy Pope will cut back her spending on broodmares having spent $8.2M on the sale-topper at Keeneland?
I wondered the same thing! I thought she made a comment, something like she had to dip into her broodmare fund to purchase her.
She said she spent all the money she had set aside for the fall broodmare auctions. Somehow I think if she really wants a mare, she'll find the money.
Have any of her pricey broodmare band produced anything of note yet?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3691
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Katewerk wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 am
Flanders wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am
KatieK101 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am


I wondered the same thing! I thought she made a comment, something like she had to dip into her broodmare fund to purchase her.
She said she spent all the money she had set aside for the fall broodmare auctions. Somehow I think if she really wants a mare, she'll find the money.
Have any of her pricey broodmare band produced anything of note yet?
Game Winner and McKinzie.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Game Winner and McKinzie were bred by Summer Wind Farm, owned by Jane Lyon. Mandy Pope owns Whisper Hill Farm
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3691
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:13 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:59 pm
Game Winner and McKinzie were bred by Summer Wind Farm, owned by Jane Lyon. Mandy Pope owns Whisper Hill Farm
Oh, I get Timber Town, Whisper Hill, and Summer Wind confused. They sound so similar.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
KatieK101
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Katewerk wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 am
Flanders wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am
KatieK101 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:14 am


I wondered the same thing! I thought she made a comment, something like she had to dip into her broodmare fund to purchase her.
She said she spent all the money she had set aside for the fall broodmare auctions. Somehow I think if she really wants a mare, she'll find the money.
Have any of her pricey broodmare band produced anything of note yet?
Havre de Grace, Groupie Doll and Plum Pretty have all produced winners, but nothing extraordinary.

Arkon Moon has produced Bellafina and Diamond King, but I don’t know how much Mandy paid for her (it was a private transaction after the mare was a RNA).

Not to discredit her, but I generally consider Mandy to be a collector of fabulous racemares. Maybe her big mares would have more success if she would breed them to a stallion other than Tapit or War Front.
User avatar
Treve
Posts: 4558
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm

I'm still mad she decided to breed Songbird to Arrogate after initially looking at Pioneerof the Nile, and now we will never get to see that mating happen :(
A filly named Ruffian...

Eine Stute namens Danedream...

Une pouliche se nommant Trêve...

Kincsem nevű kanca...


And a Queen named Beholder
Cladan
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:40 am

Snaafi Dancer cost around 13,000,000 guineas back in the day and in the words of John Dunlop, couldn't beat the yard dog in a race. Spending ridiculous amounts of money doesn't equate to success.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am

Cladan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:40 am
Snaafi Dancer cost around 13,000,000 guineas back in the day and in the words of John Dunlop, couldn't beat the yard dog in a race. Spending ridiculous amounts of money doesn't equate to success.
And for every Miesque, Mariah's Storm, and Serena's Song, we get dozens of G1 winning mares who don't produce anything of note. I'm sure Mandy Pope is aware of that.
KatieK101
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Treve wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm
I'm still mad she decided to breed Songbird to Arrogate after initially looking at Pioneerof the Nile, and now we will never get to see that mating happen :(
I get genuinely bummed whenever I think about the mares that were never bred to PotN -- and never will be. I really wish we could have seen Beholder or Wonder Gadot to him. Paradise Woods, too.

Mandy does own Rhumb Line (dam of Flashback/Zazu), Speed Succeeds (Brilliant Speed), and Unrivaled Belle (Unique Bella). I don't know what she paid for them, or if she is credited for their G1 winners, but they are proven producers.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3234
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:11 pm

KatieK101 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:05 pm
Treve wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm
I'm still mad she decided to breed Songbird to Arrogate after initially looking at Pioneerof the Nile, and now we will never get to see that mating happen :(
I get genuinely bummed whenever I think about the mares that were never bred to PotN -- and never will be. I really wish we could have seen Beholder or Wonder Gadot to him. Paradise Woods, too.

Mandy does own Rhumb Line (dam of Flashback/Zazu), Speed Succeeds (Brilliant Speed), and Unrivaled Belle (Unique Bella). I don't know what she paid for them, or if she is credited for their G1 winners, but they are proven producers.
She bought them all after they were G1 producers.
Rhumb Line - $2,000,000 - 2013 Fasig Tipton
Speed Succeeds - $1,000,000 - 2013 Fasig Tipton
Unrivaled Belle - $3,800,000 - 2016 Keeneland
Cladan
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am
Cladan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:40 am
Snaafi Dancer cost around 13,000,000 guineas back in the day and in the words of John Dunlop, couldn't beat the yard dog in a race. Spending ridiculous amounts of money doesn't equate to success.
And for every Miesque, Mariah's Storm, and Serena's Song, we get dozens of G1 winning mares who don't produce anything of note. I'm sure Mandy Pope is aware of that.
And so does every other breeder of thoroughbreds.
KatieK101
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Flanders wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:11 pm
KatieK101 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:05 pm
Treve wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:46 pm
I'm still mad she decided to breed Songbird to Arrogate after initially looking at Pioneerof the Nile, and now we will never get to see that mating happen :(
I get genuinely bummed whenever I think about the mares that were never bred to PotN -- and never will be. I really wish we could have seen Beholder or Wonder Gadot to him. Paradise Woods, too.

Mandy does own Rhumb Line (dam of Flashback/Zazu), Speed Succeeds (Brilliant Speed), and Unrivaled Belle (Unique Bella). I don't know what she paid for them, or if she is credited for their G1 winners, but they are proven producers.
She bought them all after they were G1 producers.
Rhumb Line - $2,000,000 - 2013 Fasig Tipton
Speed Succeeds - $1,000,000 - 2013 Fasig Tipton
Unrivaled Belle - $3,800,000 - 2016 Keeneland
Well, there’s that, then.
User avatar
starrydreamer
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:51 am

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:21 am

Cladan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm
starrydreamer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am
Cladan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:40 am
Snaafi Dancer cost around 13,000,000 guineas back in the day and in the words of John Dunlop, couldn't beat the yard dog in a race. Spending ridiculous amounts of money doesn't equate to success.
And for every Miesque, Mariah's Storm, and Serena's Song, we get dozens of G1 winning mares who don't produce anything of note. I'm sure Mandy Pope is aware of that.
And so does every other breeder of thoroughbreds.
And any discerning fan. ;)

But we all know we'd do anything to have Mandy Pope's broodmare band, whether or not they produce the next great star.
Cladan
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:39 am

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 am

starrydreamer wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:21 am
Cladan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm
starrydreamer wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:38 am


And for every Miesque, Mariah's Storm, and Serena's Song, we get dozens of G1 winning mares who don't produce anything of note. I'm sure Mandy Pope is aware of that.
And so does every other breeder of thoroughbreds.
And any discerning fan. ;)

But we all know we'd do anything to have Mandy Pope's broodmare band, whether or not they produce the next great star.
Not at all.
Post Reply