Foals of 2014

User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:46 am

f. Congrats x Makeup Artist

Image
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:12 pm

c. Awesome Again x Goldrush Girl (6/15) - family of Albertus Maximus

Image
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Ghost Affair - f. Ghostzapper x Bold Affair (4/22)

Image
User avatar
Northport
Posts: 2346
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: probably near the food

Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:01 am

Full list of Frankel's first crop

http://images.racingpost.com/pdfs/frankelfoals.pdf
weeeeeeeee
TBird
Posts: 281
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:47 am

Northport wrote:Full list of Frankel's first crop

http://images.racingpost.com/pdfs/frankelfoals.pdf
What an incredible list of mares!
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:59 am

f. Hansen x Game Show (5/13) - dam is 1/2 to Petionville, Pike Place Dancer

Image
Ziggypop
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 pm

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 pm

ChampionCurlin wrote:f. Hansen x Game Show (5/13) - dam is 1/2 to Petionville, Pike Place Dancer

Image
Which reminded me... Here's a picture of Hansen in Korea

http://studbook.kra.co.kr/eng/html/eng_ ... bun=032990
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:16 pm

ChampionCurlin wrote:Ghost Affair - f. Ghostzapper x Bold Affair (4/22)

Image
They are very pleased with her. I had the pleasure of standing in the winners circle several times with Bold Affair at Pimlico and Laurel. They definitely retired her at the right time.
User avatar
baitandswitch
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Maryland

Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Della wrote:
Ketama wrote:In Lingerie and her Frankel filly at Shadai Farm


Image

How do you get a foal to stand up so well and tall for a pic? Just luck and quick shutter finger? What a gorgeous foal.
I'm an equine photographer for a friend's farm. There are tricks. Jiggle the lead, shake a can of pennies, jump up and down, etc. :) trust me, 150 pics and maybe 3 are keepers.
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Update on the Cal Nation x Minnesota Mafia filly:

Such a cutie!
Image
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:06 pm

second_glance wrote:Born 11:40 pm, 3/26, @ Country Life (photo posted at about 12:20 am, 3/27). Colt, Cal Nation - Prime Colors. Poster on Country Life's FB page says dam "sneezed" him out -- from which I deduce it was an easy delivery. ;-)

Image
Image
User avatar
ChampionCurlin
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:59 pm
Location: Florida

Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:36 pm

f. Lonhro x Prospective Saint (5/9)

Image

f. Union Rags x Beautiful Daniele - family of Countess Diana, etc.

Image

f. Tiznow x Deja Blu (4/21) - dam is 1/2 to Santa Catarina

Image

f. Speightstown x Devout (AUS) (4/30)

Image
tachyon
Posts: 3927
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:30 am

colt(JPN) - Summer Bird(USA) x Wonder Grass(JPN) by Grass Wonder(USA) (4/30)

His dam Wonder Grass(JPN) is a 1/2 sister to Jpn1 winner Wonder Acute(JPN)(by Charismatic) and multiple graded winner Wonder Speed(JPN)(by King Glorious).

http://www.jbis.jp/horse/0001187187/

Image
Wonder Grass and her Summer Bird colt at Fukuda Farm, Hokkaido, Japan
(pick courtesy of uma-furusato.com news)
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10498
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:40 pm

He looks good....and I really hope that he and the rest of his "half siblings" turn out to be good racehorses, because I think Summer Bird had only one foal crop? :(
(And, yes, I know that he is not, technically, a 'half sibling' to other Summer Bird offspring...that's why I used quotes.)
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:07 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:He looks good....and I really hope that he and the rest of his "half siblings" turn out to be good racehorses, because I think Summer Bird had only one foal crop? :(
(And, yes, I know that he is not, technically, a 'half sibling' to other Summer Bird offspring...that's why I used quotes.)
I think he had 3, 2 in the US, 1 in Japan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3234
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:20 pm

mariasmon wrote:
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:He looks good....and I really hope that he and the rest of his "half siblings" turn out to be good racehorses, because I think Summer Bird had only one foal crop? :(
(And, yes, I know that he is not, technically, a 'half sibling' to other Summer Bird offspring...that's why I used quotes.)
I think he had 3, 2 in the US, 1 in Japan. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10498
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Good to be corrected....three is better than one. Would his first US crop be two-year-olds then? Have any of them made it to the races?
User avatar
mariasmon
Posts: 4474
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:38 am

Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:51 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Good to be corrected....three is better than one. Would his first US crop be two-year-olds then? Have any of them made it to the races?
Yes and Yes. No winners, though.
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10498
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Guess what? He had his first winner today!
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ummer-bird
tachyon
Posts: 3927
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:21 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Guess what? He had his first winner today!
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/ ... ummer-bird
What a coincidence! :D
Post Reply