Photos/News about Broodmares

User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:27 pm

New Money Honey will be on Foal Patrol 2020.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10574
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 pm

Shameful, the dam of 2yo Filly and Champion Female Sprinter Indian Blessing, has been moved to Lazy E Ranch in Oklahoma. After the 20yo mare had foaling problems this past spring, her owner decided to only let the mare continue to produce foals via embryo transfer. So, she will bred (via AI, I'm sure) to the best QH stallions available, like Corona Cartel, Apollitical Jess, Mr Jess Perry and One Famous Eagle.
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... -breeding/
User avatar
Retrospectiv
Posts: 653
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:31 am

Good read with photos of the dams of the two TC winners:

https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/arti ... dynasties/
"It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway', but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies."
lurkey mclurker
Posts: 2764
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:03 am

Barbara Livingston tweeting about things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving... :mrgreen:

Image
Rachel Alexandra from 2013 as noted in the watermark
carole
Posts: 2635
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Unaided, dam of BC Mile winner Uni, sold for €1.25m at Arqana today. She is currently in foal to No Nay Never and was bought by Oceanic Bloodstock on behalf of White Birch Farm.
User avatar
Starine
Posts: 4944
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Champion and Blue Hen Mare Wurftaube Dies at 26
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing ... dies-at-26

Quite the legacy she leaves behind.
KatieK101
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:23 pm

According to Starlight Racing on Instagram, champion ASHADO will be featured on Foal Patrol season 3.

For some reason I thought Ashado was up there in age (as in, not breeding)... and I also thought she wasn’t in the country?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 pm

KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:23 pm
According to Starlight Racing on Instagram, champion ASHADO will be featured on Foal Patrol season 3.

For some reason I thought Ashado was up there in age (as in, not breeding)... and I also thought she wasn’t in the country?
You might be thinking of Azeri, who's 21 and in Japan.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
KatieK101
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Mylute wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 pm
KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:23 pm
According to Starlight Racing on Instagram, champion ASHADO will be featured on Foal Patrol season 3.

For some reason I thought Ashado was up there in age (as in, not breeding)... and I also thought she wasn’t in the country?
You might be thinking of Azeri, who's 21 and in Japan.
You’re probably right. I definitely thought she was in Japan, anyway! Has Ashado ever produced anything noteworthy?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 pm

KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 pm
Mylute wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 pm
KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:23 pm
According to Starlight Racing on Instagram, champion ASHADO will be featured on Foal Patrol season 3.

For some reason I thought Ashado was up there in age (as in, not breeding)... and I also thought she wasn’t in the country?
You might be thinking of Azeri, who's 21 and in Japan.
You’re probably right. I definitely thought she was in Japan, anyway! Has Ashado ever produced anything noteworthy?
Unfortunately no, but she does have a gelding son named Westwood who won a stakes.

However, more often than not superstar mares will fare better in the shed as grandmas.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
TapitsGal
Posts: 1043
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Mylute wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 pm
KatieK101 wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:17 pm
Mylute wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:01 pm


You might be thinking of Azeri, who's 21 and in Japan.
You’re probably right. I definitely thought she was in Japan, anyway! Has Ashado ever produced anything noteworthy?
Unfortunately no, but she does have a gelding son named Westwood who won a stakes.

However, more often than not superstar mares will fare better in the shed as grandmas.
Zenyatta and Genuine Risk are great examples.. I still ache to wonder what might have been had Rachel Alexandra been able to have more than two foals..Jess Dream I know had alot of issues that stopped him from reaching his full potential. But Rachel's Valentina did decently during HER career...I know Zenyattas latest filly Zellda has been said to channel alot of her mom's energy and personality..we all saw the pics of Zellda breeders cup week wearing her mom's purple workout towel...but we also know that in reality superstar mares almost never reproduce themselves..many Zenyatta fans say that Zellda has big shoes to fill.but if Zellda can break her maiden and stamp a destiny of her own separate from queen z THEN I'll be happy..let's start with breaking her maiden and winning a race..if Zellda can break her maiden then she'll have accomplished something her brothers didn't..If I remember correctly neither Cozmic One or Ziconic broke their maidens
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1855
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:48 pm

From Craig Bernick on Twitter. She’s 28. ❤️

Top Rung, winner of the La Brea Stakes in 1994, enjoying the Friday afternoon at Glen Hill Farm.

Image
FlyToTheStars
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:20 am

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:14 pm

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:48 pm
From Craig Bernick on Twitter. She’s 28. ❤️

Top Rung, winner of the La Brea Stakes in 1994, enjoying the Friday afternoon at Glen Hill Farm.

Image
Straight left hind? I remember a gray stallion
having the same thing. Name had Alarm i think?
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:22 pm

@ Fly to the Stars

Darn That Alarm? The pics I'm seeing of him on Google don't really show anything.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:52 am

FlyToTheStars wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:14 pm
Straight left hind? I remember a gray stallion
having the same thing. Name had Alarm i think?
Maybe was Darn That Alarm like Mylute said. There are a couple pictures on Barbara Livingston's page but you will need to search for them. They have a lot of watermarks but he looks pretty straight.

https://barbaradlivingston.photoshelter.com/search-page
KatieK101
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 pm

Random question, but did anyone ever figure out that mess with Take Charge Lady's death? According to Twitter she is alive... and dead.

Someone mentioned they could have confused her with her daughter, Lady Take Charge, but she was bred to Quality Road in 2020 according to members.breederscup.com.

Also according to that site, Take Charge Lady wasn't bred in 2019/2020. In 2018 she was bred to American Pharoah again, but the foal doesn't have a listed sex.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:54 am

KatieK101 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 pm
Random question, but did anyone ever figure out that mess with Take Charge Lady's death? According to Twitter she is alive... and dead.

Someone mentioned they could have confused her with her daughter, Lady Take Charge, but she was bred to Quality Road in 2020 according to members.breederscup.com.

Also according to that site, Take Charge Lady wasn't bred in 2019/2020. In 2018 she was bred to American Pharoah again, but the foal doesn't have a listed sex.
She died in November 18.
If there isn't a sex listed for a breeding, it didn't result in a foal. Her last foal was her 2017 American Pharoah filly. Its weird the filly hasn't been named yet but Coolmore did the same with Rags To Riches first foal. She wasn't named until April of her 3yo year.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 4221
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 pm

The gangly MdO x Leslie's Lady colt of 2017 hasn't been named either.
"I'm here, free as the wind, fountain of extraordinary knowledge, splendidly corrupt, and eager to be of profitable service."
~ Peter Lorre 1904 - 1̶9̶6̶4̶ ∞
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Mylute wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:02 pm
The gangly MdO x Leslie's Lady colt of 2017 hasn't been named either.
That one is weird because they already named her 2019 filly.
mosieposie12
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Looks like Jaywalk is headed to Northern Farm to be a momma. Export on file with JC.
Post Reply