Best vacuum cleaner on a budget

Starine

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:57 pm

I am still surprised when this thread pops up every now and then. ;)
BlindLucky

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Starine wrote:I am still surprised when this thread pops up every now and then. ;)
It's spammers googling vacuum cleaners and pasting links to their websites into replies. Those accounts should really be deleted.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
Starine

Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Ah, I should have known. ;)
float1ng

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 am

shewit1962 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2016 2:24 am
Starine wrote:I'm in the market for a vacuum cleaner and I'd really appreciate some suggestions. I've poured over reviews but am looking for some reviews from the good folks here at TBC.

Some considerations:

~ $150 roof
~ bagless preferred
~ good carpet cleaning is most important; hardwood cleaning not so much
~ must be good at picking up pet hair

The bestsellers in this category are the Hoover Wind Tunnel, Eureka Airspeed, and Bissel CleanView. But I have had several friends and coworkers rave to me about their Shark Navigator.

Any feedback on these? Other models you'd recommend checking out?

I use a Dyson DC25 for all those things. Its not perfect for use in cars, but it is good enough for picking up pet hair. Dysons are more expensive than other brands, but they are last longer. I've had mine for 8 years now and its still going strong.
I brought it from: httр://bestvacuumfortilefloors.com/dyson-vacuum/dyson-cordles-vacuums-compare-top-rated-cordless-vacuums
Hey,
I have the Dyson ball for about 2 years and its really good! Before Dyson I had one from Miele, which was not bad, but the filter bags were too expensive in the long run. I have 2 birds as pets, there comes a lot of dirt together, say 2-3 bags in a month, that is expensive to see year. That's the main reason why the purchase of a Dyson pays off for me.
As for its actual vacuuming performance, it's realy good, light AND powerful. I have to admit that I was a little concerned when I bought it but I I have to say my concerns were unfounded because this is an amazing vacuum cleaner and I love how light it is to carry around. I have not regretted the purchase.
You can read more about vacuum cleaners here: https://wisepick.org/best-bagged-vacuum/. On that site you will find a lot of tests and reviews from various brands. That may help you with the purchase decision.
bokashoka

Sun May 19, 2019 3:56 am

I have antique hardwood floors, large staircase and a few area rugs. I’ve been using an electric broom that sometimes refuses to suck up the smallest piece of dirt. I’m concerned about scratching up my floors. What would you recommend?
Ke
florenceccollinsc

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 am

In spite of this very reasonable price this is not a crappy stick vacuum like you would buy from dirt devil. This is a very serious light duty vacuum.This is the ONLY light duty vacuum cleaner you should ever buy if you have pets.It is lightweight picks up as much as many large vacuums. The powered brush roll is fantastic. The dust cup is red clear heavy duty semi flexible polycarbonate not cheap hard plexiglass.Meaning it will not shatter from age or a minor drop.The cord is maddening because it has no place on the handle to secure it so you have to hold it.
You can read more about vacuum cleaners here The handle needs to have a spot of school glue in the threads during assembly or the screw will back out. My first quick up, the yellow model, lasted 10 years of daily use.Clean the dust cup every time, make sure the brush is cleaned of hair every time. Wash out the filter with warm soapy water and a sprinkle of baking soda to kill any odors, once a month and be sure it is dry before putting it back in and you are good to go. This one is really improved over the old clear quickups as it has a solid heavy black cover over the brushroll so you don't have to look at the ugly scratched plexiglass on it. t is also more balanced so it does not rattle when it runs.This is absolutely NOT a wet vacuum. Image
starrydreamer

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:24 am

Starine! Look what your post from 4 years ago did - the vacuum spammers are out in full force! :lol: :lol: :lol: