NFL News & Notes

Somnambulist

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Tessablue wrote:I am sooooo excited for Pats/Packers next week. Not even scared since the Pats have some breathing room now (having actual confidence in the secondary is such a wonderful, wonderful feeling), just excited to see what could be the game of the year.
Hard to beat GB at home. Unless your team has some latent viking genes laying around.. lol.

I guess the Cardinals can now go back to being the most forgettable team in all of football. The NFC is so lucklaster. I'm not really impressed with anyone in it.
Tessablue

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:12 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Hard to beat GB at home. Unless your team has some latent viking genes laying around.. lol.

I guess the Cardinals can now go back to being the most forgettable team in all of football. The NFC is so lucklaster. I'm not really impressed with anyone in it.
Yep, but in a weird way that just makes it more exciting. Brady is insanely good in col weather and home field advantage has rendered the Packers favorites in the Vegas pools, which is where I'm always more comfortable. The Pats are rolling but it's a coin flip in Green Bay and I just want to see some awesome football. Fingers crossed for snow, Brady-Rodgers in the snow would be AWESOME.

I feel like both the AFC and NFC are lackluster; it's been a really weird year. I feel like there should be a team out there that strikes fear into my heart (minus the Giants, who always do so by default), but I can't find one. A Lions-Browns Super Bowl is still possible, the NFC South resembles a dumpster fire, the AFC North could end with a four-way tie... it's just weird. For now I'm just going to roll with it and enjoy watching the best New England team I've seen in ten years while appreciating/enjoying every snap that Brady takes.
Somnambulist

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 pm

The Giants should instill no fear in you. At all. We need a management overhaul and imagine it will happen after this year, and even then we need an o-line (why the fuck wasn't that addressed THIS season) and a secondary. The next two years will be re-building and that's ok.

Very difficult in this league to stay on top for long. I actually imagine your Pats will go all the way this year and probably have the best chance in recent years to take it. Which is ok, but Gronk is such a smug a-hole I wouldn't mind watching him cry lol . How long do you think Blount's stay is this time? Revis actually looks pretty good for you guys too.
Tessablue

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:51 pm

But that's just when the Giants are the most dangerous! Coughlin on the hot seat, questions surrounding Eli... no offense (the majority of my family is comprised of Giants fans), but I won't feel safe until you guys are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. But I guess this is what a lot of other fans feel about my team, so I can't complain too much.

And aww come on, Gronk is like a enormous, freakish, football-playing golden retriever! He doesn't have a mean bone in his body (with the understandable exception of Sergio Brown), and I don't think he's smart or self-aware enough to be smug. I just hope defenders stop aiming for his knees, because all I want for Christmas is a healthy Gronk in the playoffs.

Blount never had any problems here last year, he knows he'll be cut for the slightest infraction and he's signed on for two years at the league minimum, so he's here to stay for a bit. Still can't really believe it worked out that way. As for Revis, I love what he's done but I love Brandon Browner just as much. SO excited to see what they can do against the Packers this weekend.

(As for whether this is the year or not... I refuse to say anything that could become a jinx, so uh, how 'bout those... Rams?)
Somnambulist

Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:47 pm

It's possible being in a very well known football high school has jaded me (we had days honoring these future D1 starters) but Gronk wants you to think he's stupid. That's how dudes like that get you. The stupid act. Which is sadly very readable. He's smug at sH!Tt to me and I would say that even if was on the Giants. Lawrence Taylor was great but he should be in jail forever. :D :D

The Jets debacle has me all forms of gleeful though. Most horrific fanbase in the entire NFL. Your ring is older than the exploration of lunar space but you stalk the Giants like it's your job. I LOVE it.
PJMIII

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:05 pm

LeSean McCoy, Mark Sanchez help Eagles drub Cowboys

LeSean McCoy threw open his arms just before crossing the goal line on a touchdown run that essentially put away another big win over the Dallas Cowboys.

While Philadelphia didn't walk off with a playoff berth in hand after beating the Cowboys 33-10 on Thursday, it was a sweet Thanksgiving for McCoy, Mark Sanchez and the Eagles.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554285
Somnambulist

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:03 am

Philly looks really good, and very fun to watch when they're on.

Plus I hate the Jets and am so tickled at Sanchez' doing serviceably.
PJMIII

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am

Dez Bryant: Eagles 'kinda cheap'

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant said some Philadelphia Eagles players were "being kinda cheap" during the teams' NFC East showdown on Thanksgiving Day.

And because of that, Bryant and some of his teammates can't wait for the rematch.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... inda-cheap
Tessablue

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:04 pm

I normally like Hochuli but this reffing crew thus far is making a mockery of this tremendous matchup. Never seen refs get a 12 men penalty wrong or whistle a play dead because "the officials were not in position." Yikes.
Somnambulist

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Game looks pretty clean to me honestly.

Still plenty of football left in any event.
Tessablue

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:10 pm

It's okay (the illegal hands to the face was frustrating but excusable), but those are two pretty ridiculous mistakes to make on a national stage and it's frustrating to see them in what could be the best matchup of the year. Hopefully things settle down soon.

I'm not terribly nervous and the stakes aren't very high here for my team, just want to enjoy the game no matter who wins. Rodgers is so ridiculously good.
dustino140

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Tessablue wrote: Never seen refs get a 12 men penalty wrong or whistle a play dead because "the officials were not in position." Yikes.
The same thing happened this afternoon during the Steelers game. It was confusing but I guess it happens.
Tessablue

Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:28 pm

dustino140 wrote:
Tessablue wrote: Never seen refs get a 12 men penalty wrong or whistle a play dead because "the officials were not in position." Yikes.
The same thing happened this afternoon during the Steelers game. It was confusing but I guess it happens.
Oh, weird. I was flipping back and forth between that and the Ravens game and missed it. Wonder how often it happens per week.

Had some bumps but it was a heck of a game. No shame in losing to the Packers in Lambeau and I hope that was an SB preview, would be a fantastic SB if so.
Sham

Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:46 am

Colt McCoy isn't awful, but he did suck in the red zone. We're still going to go 3-13 again, but at least we get to keep our draft pick this year.
Soto, Suni, Sham, whichever.
Senator L

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:16 am

Thought this was a funny spot about toast and NY Giants
from ESPN: ew York Giants

Key Game: Week 13, at Jacksonville, 69.0 percent chance of victory

At 3-8 and with a zero percent chance in FO’s simulations of making the playoffs, the Giants are toast. If you’re going to be football toast, you should be pitch-black toast. Losing to the Jaguars would be like taking the burnt toast out of the toaster, microwaving it, and then sticking the toast back into the oven.
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Somnambulist

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Senator L wrote:Thought this was a funny spot about toast and NY Giants
from ESPN: ew York Giants

Key Game: Week 13, at Jacksonville, 69.0 percent chance of victory

At 3-8 and with a zero percent chance in FO’s simulations of making the playoffs, the Giants are toast. If you’re going to be football toast, you should be pitch-black toast. Losing to the Jaguars would be like taking the burnt toast out of the toaster, microwaving it, and then sticking the toast back into the oven.
Lol!
Personally I hope we don't win another game this year so maybe management will be quicker to act than they normally are.
seahawkgal

Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:26 pm

The SB Champs are on a roll. I am loving it!
The problem is the pesky Cardinals who are so out playing themselves. The Whiners are crumbling which is a beautiful thing. Thanksgiving was a wonderful day and the Philly road game was awesome. Seattle dominated them so much even though the score didn't show it. The D is back! Look out NFL. Here they come. :lol:
Somnambulist

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:17 pm

I think I was 10 years younger the last time the Bills won anything of importance.
Senator L

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm

Green Bay has still never won in Buffalo
No one has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
Richard Sasuly
Tessablue

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Somnambulist wrote:I think I was 10 years younger the last time the Bills won anything of importance.
I have a soft spot for the Bills, but that defense is absolutely terrifying and I want no part of it. Crossing my fingers that Denver loses (and NE wins) next week so that the final game is a lot less stressful. Green Bay is fantastic at home but I think they're in trouble if they don't get the first seed.

Oh and Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Dont'a Hightower... I love this young Pats defense SO MUCH. And speaking of love, Brady's run today might be one of my favorite plays ever.