TV Discussion Thread

SunKing

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:52 am

Just finally got back here! The Breaking Bad finale was the BEST finale ever, in my opinion. I had only gotten into the show earlier this year and I was still crying. I just love it and it totally deserves every award and praise it gets. Vince Gilligan is by far the greatest show creator, even better than JJ Abrams (which is a lot for me to say). Bryan Cranston is a genius, so is Aaron Paul and the rest of the cast. Really going to miss the show.

The new shows I'm checking out:

Hostages: Really really good. I'm a HUGE Tate Donovan fan (Argo!), have been for years but I really am enjoying this show. It's very suspenseful. Unfortunately, it's up against "The Blacklist" which is killing it. I'm watching that too but I'm behind a few episodes. I like how Alias like it is, but I really don't care for James Spader. I know he's good, he's just, I don't know, he creeps me out, always has.

"The Michael J. Fox Show": Really funny. Watching because of Betsy Brandt who is from Breaking Bad, and of course, for MJF himself. It's really cute.

"The Millers": So funny so far. Love Will Arnett.

Last night was the first post Ziva NCIS episode and it was alright. I'm not sure how well the show will do without her though, to be honest. And I'm still enjoying "How I Met Your Mother", "2 Broke Girls" and "Big Bang Theory"
SunKing

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:13 am

Forgot to add that "Homeland" has completely turned to absolute crap. I'm really bummed. I got into this show late, too but caught up on both seasons before this one started. It's only two episodes in but so far, I'm not impressed.
Somnambulist

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

Siting down and watching TV normally irritates me. I can't sit still for that long. Except for American Horror Story.
Ballerina

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 am

SunKing wrote:Just finally got back here!
I was wondering about you. Glad to see you on board.
BlindLucky

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 am

Somnambulist wrote:Siting down and watching TV normally irritates me. I can't sit still for that long. Except for American Horror Story.
The DVR and Netflix are the best things ever invented for my short attention spanned self.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
SunKing

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Ballerina wrote:
SunKing wrote:Just finally got back here!
I was wondering about you. Glad to see you on board.
Thanks, Bal! Things have been really crazy so this has been the first chance I got!
Carotene

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Re: Castle...I'm wondering if they will continue the story arc in DC for much of this season, but end up back in New York. Beckett may come to realize that she can't live with the influence high-ranking politicians have over the outcomes of the cases she works on, like this last episode, where the Navy Secretary gets off scot-free.
Well! Seems this is the route they're going considering this week's episode. I knew it couldn't last without the bro's and that Edelstein was only in three episodes, but I was still surprised when she showed up at Castle's with that news for Agent Beckett. I enjoyed where they went, but miss Ryan and Esposito. Love those guys! Could do without the new fruit loving bf...honestly could do without the daughter period. Totally brought me back to Saved by the Bell lol!

Good SHIELD this week too. Skye had me going! Coulson is the show to me. So funny.

Wish I had started with Hostages and the Blacklist - from what others are saying, they are quite good.

Why the frack is Criminal Minds on at the same time as The Tomorrow People?? I have to choose Reid and Hotch. :). Maybe they will replay it later this week and I forgot about Arrow too argh!

I watched Vampire Diaries on Sun since I was under the weather and not much on; whoa I sure missed a lot since I gave up! Caroline and Elena friends again, Stefan is someone else, and Bonnie dead...whaaa? Lol

Jenn
Formerly Play the King
SunKing

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:47 am

Anybody else watch Once Upon a Time? It's really good so far this season.

Btw, thanks to my Bryan Cranston obsession, I've recently started watching Malcolm in the Middle (another show I missed out on, clearly). I just finished Season 5. I love it, he's so fantastic as Hal and it's so hilarious.
serenassong

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:59 am

Anyone else watch Inkmasters on Spike? They just had the finale- and I assume they are coming out with a new season. I am fascinated with some of the Tats these guys/gals do- if I didn't bruise so gosh darn easy, I would probably get a small one somewhere. I have this thing about Coy fish and dragons- of course, that one would probably not be a small one anyway.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
serenassong

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:02 am

SunKing wrote:Anybody else watch Once Upon a Time? It's really good so far this season.

Btw, thanks to my Bryan Cranston obsession, I've recently started watching Malcolm in the Middle (another show I missed out on, clearly). I just finished Season 5. I love it, he's so fantastic as Hal and it's so hilarious.
I think that show was a bit underrated. Watch the one where Hal teaches Malcolm how to skate. I was laughing so hard I was crying. They are so weird, every neighborhood has a family like them.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
pointgivenfan

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:46 am

SunKing wrote:Anybody else watch Once Upon a Time? It's really good so far this season.
I do.
It's definitely improved from last season.
"I am the man who with the utmost daring discovered what had been discovered before." - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
Avatar: Goldikova - 2010 Prix de la Foret, copyright yours truly. =)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timstephansen/
Barbaro06

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 am

ooooo, I didn't know this board existed!

Castle - I didnt think I would like the DC storyline, but I really did! I thought they wrapped it up well, and I cant wait to see Ryan and Espo back!

The Blacklist - I would say this is the best new show of the season. Every episode seems to blow my mind, and Spader is great in this show.

thank goodness for dvr because my 2 favorite shows come on at the same time.

SHIELD
is also a good new show, and I agree with others that Coulson and guest spots are making the show.

Brooklyn nine nine is also pretty funny and the camera angles remind me a lot of the office
Ballerina

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:24 am

Admin wrote:Helen bombed. Ick. Justin did far and away the best. He should be in.
I was shocked at how poorly Helen did. All three designs she chose for the runway judging were ghastly. I was equally shocked at how well Justin and Alexandra did. That gown that Justin put together made of test tubes was amazing.

This is supposed to be a Spring collection. Where are these designers coming up with the color palette they chose?!~

Four go to Fashion Week - Bradon, Dom, Justin, and Alexandra. Looking at the textiles that Dom designed, I'm anxious to see what she comes up with. Amazing talent for one so young.
Prairie Bayou

Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Carotene wrote:
Why the frack is Criminal Minds on at the same time as The Tomorrow People?? I have to choose Reid and Hotch. :). Maybe they will replay it later this week and I forgot about Arrow too argh!

I watched Vampire Diaries on Sun since I was under the weather and not much on; whoa I sure missed a lot since I gave up! Caroline and Elena friends again, Stefan is someone else, and Bonnie dead...whaaa? Lol

Jenn
Luckily I have a DVR and don't have to choose. Also, I have Comcast which has On Demand so I can watch them whenever I want. I recommend Netfix for previous seasons of TVD. They may be online somewhere for free as well. You must have missed a whole lot because Elena and Caroline have been friends for a few seasons now. They only argued when she was first turned. It lasted about 1/2 a season. As for Stephan it's the whole doppleganger thing. It's hard to explain unless you watch last season because it dealt with Syrus who looks just like Stephan. LOLOLOLOL I never liked Elena. But damn I love Damon. :D
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
starrydreamer

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:25 am

pointgivenfan wrote:
I do.
It's definitely improved from last season.
I watched the whole first season and most of the second, but I found myself just not caring about the show anymore so I stopped watching.

The only shows I watch nowadays are The Good Wife and Bones (even though Bones makes me laugh when it's not supposed to). I'm waiting patiently for the new episodes of Downton Abbey, Ripper Street, Sherlock, The Fall, and Orange is the New Black.
Insane Crazy

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:20 pm

I am currently catching up on episodes of Elementary that I've note seen. I watched the two-part finale the other day, and am finishing up what is current in S2 as we speak. I just flat enjoy this show. It's imperfect and very safe/networky, at points, but there are clever moments within the mysteries that only add to the spectacular relationship building they do with Watson and Sherlock. Not to mention the delicious twist that was the end of season one. Wonderful.
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
BlindLucky

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Insane Crazy wrote:I am currently catching up on episodes of Elementary that I've note seen. I watched the two-part finale the other day, and am finishing up what is current in S2 as we speak. I just flat enjoy this show. It's imperfect and very safe/networky, at points, but there are clever moments within the mysteries that only add to the spectacular relationship building they do with Watson and Sherlock. Not to mention the delicious twist that was the end of season one. Wonderful.
I have 2 more discs left to watch from season 1, then on to season 2. I started watching it because I was having Sherlock withdrawals--which just wrapped up filming the new season, by the way. It's not supposed to air until next year, though.

Elementary is fun, though, and I like the chemistry of the cast.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
SunKing

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am

I caught up with the first three episodes of The Blacklist over the weekend. I am having such trouble getting into this show. As an Alias fan, I should be head over heels with this show. They even had Isabella Rossellini on it already and she had a great role on Alias. Some of the producers are the same.

But I honestly feel no emotion toward any of the characters. The female lead is no Jennifer Garner. And even though he's a very good actor, I cannot stand James Spader and I think that's what's preventing me from getting into it. He gives me the creeps and so far, his character has very little depth. I really do want to get into it, it's just very difficult for me.

Homeland I'm about done with. Last night's ep was better because Brody came back but I haven't seen a show go from being so amazing in the first two seasons and completely bomb in the third season since Alias. That being said, Claire Danes is still amazing.

How good was Once Upon a Time last night? I swear, why Lana Parilla doesn't have a billion awards is beyond me.
Prairie Bayou

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:39 pm

I gave up on Once Upon A Time last season but it has been great so far this season. I love Pan and Hook! Well, I REALLY like Hook... :D
"AND ALYSHEBA AMERICA'S HORSE HAS DONE IT!!!" ~ Tom Durkin 1988 Breeder's Cup Classic
SunKing

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 am

Took me four episodes but this week, I finally got into The Blacklist. It was really good this week.

However, as an Alias fan, I'm not seeing the comparison I keep hearing about Spader's character to Victor's Jack Bristow. I guess some of the things he's done are a little similar but overall, they're nothing alike.