The VENT Thread

Insane Crazy

Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:58 am

I like snow and more snow for you guys sounds terrible. Fingers crossed for you.

If you have nothing to do, I recommend you watch this gem of a 2000 Disney Channel Original Movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5fgjSLz02E

A friend just posted it on Facebook, and while I have a crap ton to get through today at work, I really, really want to relive this...
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
peeptoad

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 pm

My lab results came back from my doctor yesterday. .. how the heck does someone get an electrolyte imbalance in the middle of winter?
Well, anyway that's what i have. Specifically my sodium is way low. This might explain the nausea and other unpleasantness in my life the last few months. :?:
BaroqueAgain1

Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Hard to imagine that someone who lives in the US, with all the salt-laden food available, could have a low sodium level.
Hope your doc has you on the road to health in no time. Will there be a new diet for you?
Somnambulist

Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:04 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Hard to imagine that someone who lives in the US, with all the salt-laden food available, could have a low sodium level.
Hope your doc has you on the road to health in no time. Will there be a new diet for you?
I had this years ago when I was working out at a near professional level. There wasn't a diet change involved. I remember there being a lot of different reasons for this happening, or could be happening. It was interesting.
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:02 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Hard to imagine that someone who lives in the US, with all the salt-laden food available, could have a low sodium level.
I know, right? And I eat stuff like potato chips and other salty foods too, though not to the extreme. :?:
No new diet... my doc just said to replace some of the plain water I drink with electrolyte beverages. Then I went on a mad search for electrolyte drinks with no sugar or chemicals. The only one I could easily find was some stuff I ordered off Amazon.
I do exercise, but not like a fiend, so not sure why this would happen except I have a pre-existing GI problem that might be a factor.
Insane Crazy

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:09 pm

Computer crashed and for some reason, Premiere Pro hadn't autosaved the video I was working on all morning that is due tomorrow. :)

I'm gonna throw everything out the window. :)
Not a wholesome trottin' race, no, but a race where they sit down right on the horse!
Like to see some stuck-up jockey boy sittin' on Dan Patch? Make your blood boil? Well, I should say!
Somnambulist

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:30 pm

peeptoad wrote:
I know, right? And I eat stuff like potato chips and other salty foods too, though not to the extreme. :?:
No new diet... my doc just said to replace some of the plain water I drink with electrolyte beverages. Then I went on a mad search for electrolyte drinks with no sugar or chemicals. The only one I could easily find was some stuff I ordered off Amazon.
I do exercise, but not like a fiend, so not sure why this would happen except I have a pre-existing GI problem that might be a factor.
Smart Water?
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:42 pm

I thought of Smart Water initially and I will probably try it. It has about 1/2 the electrolytes of most of the other sugary stuff...
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

There's also no sodium in smart water and that's electrolyte I need. I found the same problem with vitamin water zero. I chugged a bottle yesterday and then looked at the label: sodium 0mg.

Argh!
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Maybe I'll just drink table salt and water... yuck! That's depressing...
Somnambulist

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:55 pm

HEED also maybe? I used to use that when I ran more.

Gatorade makes an Endurance brand that a lot of people I see use.

No idea of the chemicals in them though.
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks Som... that one looks like it'll work. The stuff I ordered from amazon looked good too. One of those will do it I think!
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:59 pm

IIRC, before Gatorade came along, sports teams would take salt pills to offset electrolyte loss during training (also called sweating). :o :lol:
I know it probably isn't that simple...maybe more a case of figuring out how you can help your digestive system absorb the electrolytes that you are consuming?
Good luck.
TouchOfGrey

Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:01 pm

The R.W. Knudsen juice company makes a natural sports drink with sodium and no added sugars.

R.W. Knudsen Recharge
peeptoad

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:03 pm

The Knudsen drink still has too much sugar for me, but thanks.

Thanks for all the suggestions you guys. I'll work it out somehow.
luvthesales

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:58 pm

peeptoad wrote:Thanks Som... that one looks like it'll work. The stuff I ordered from amazon looked good too. One of those will do it I think!
What did you order? Curious.
Somnambulist

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 pm

I think the worst thing about social media is the rise of the BeachBody crap.

What crap. Starvation diets don't work.
peeptoad

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:23 am

luvthesales wrote:
peeptoad wrote:Thanks Som... that one looks like it'll work. The stuff I ordered from amazon looked good too. One of those will do it I think!
This stuff:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2N ... ge_o00_s00
BlindLucky

Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:15 pm

I work downtown, so I have to drive some older, narrow streets to get to work. I got nearly run off the road into some trash cans this morning and it knocked my passenger mirror off and smashed it to pieces. HATE HATE HATE. HATE.
Photos from my racing travels: ThoroughbredJourney.com
luvthesales

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:29 pm

peeptoad wrote:
luvthesales wrote:
This stuff:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2N ... ge_o00_s00
I'll be interested to know what you think of it. Always in the market for that sort of thing.