The VENT Thread

stark

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Spahny wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
A quick note to the Dodgers and Yankees this morning.

Take off those f'n pajamas and go get dressed for the game.
https://www.apnews.com/1b4cf62cadfd4e9fb5593f29919631bd
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
RuffiantoRags

Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm

I sure hope we don't have more heartbreak and disaster at the Camarero Race Track when Dorian hits landfall in Puerto Rico. Hopefully horses are being moved inland to higher ground. Praying for no deaths!
Somnambulist

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 pm
[Ah, thanks, Som. Yeah, in my experience, medical practice has become very regimented and protocol driven. Our docs also have new requirements on documenting conversations with patients. I can't see when even the good ones have the time or even the permission to actually think.
The totally don't have time to think! What Medicare/insurance has done to the industry is nothing short of disgusting. I have no idea how anyone would ever want to go into the field today when it is as it now. I hope you're feeling a little bit better as the days go by.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact I'm not 19 anymore and can't power through fatigue and pain quite like I used to be. Years and years ago, my father told me that one day I would call out of work because I was just too tired to get up in the morning. Tomorrow might be that day since ragweed is destroying me. He always hoped he had off during it that way we could be zombies together. An egg sandwich and intermittently falling asleep on the couch sounds nice.

Is this how global warming is going to undo most of us? Allergies? If so... ugh.
Sparrow Castle

Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 pm
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 pm
[Ah, thanks, Som. Yeah, in my experience, medical practice has become very regimented and protocol driven. Our docs also have new requirements on documenting conversations with patients. I can't see when even the good ones have the time or even the permission to actually think.
The totally don't have time to think! What Medicare/insurance has done to the industry is nothing short of disgusting. I have no idea how anyone would ever want to go into the field today when it is as it now. I hope you're feeling a little bit better as the days go by.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact I'm not 19 anymore and can't power through fatigue and pain quite like I used to be. Years and years ago, my father told me that one day I would call out of work because I was just too tired to get up in the morning. Tomorrow might be that day since ragweed is destroying me. He always hoped he had off during it that way we could be zombies together. An egg sandwich and intermittently falling asleep on the couch sounds nice.

Is this how global warming is going to undo most of us? Allergies? If so... ugh.
Thanks for the well wishes! Oh yeah, allergies suck and so does getting older, lol!
Spahny

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm

stark wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 pm
Spahny wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
A quick note to the Dodgers and Yankees this morning.

Take off those f'n pajamas and go get dressed for the game.
https://www.apnews.com/1b4cf62cadfd4e9fb5593f29919631bd
Baseball is desperate to gain attention from people who are not interested at all. It's a little embarrassing for them. I was expecting a 7th inning stretch pillow fight between the teams last weekend. They were already dressed for it.

This culture of desperation is a world where there is no such thing as a bad idea. Like the pitch clock for example. Which is baseball's equivalent of spray painting their balding head to appear more attractive.

In this spirit I guess I have an idea, too. When the batter puts the ball in play he can run in either direction, clock-wise or counter clock-wise. I call this free will. And my league is called the libertarian league. I've thought about it and I think it could work but I probably haven't thought of every possible scenario. But at least it tries to address what I believe to be the real problem with the game which is ever-shortening attention spans. I'm attempting to create some chaos out of order and making you pay attention.

Go and ask the poor minor league players currently being tortured with the new rules testing if they would prefer to play libertarian ball over their current form of new-ball andl I believe that they would unanimously choose my game.
stark

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:23 pm

ElPrado2 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 am
In the middle of my first chemo treatment. When did they start it? Midnight of course. More fun then, I guess.

How ya' doin?
Somnambulist

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Falling for a Yankees fan... :roll: :roll:
stark

Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Tessablue

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:02 pm

Our first Halloween in the house and we only had three groups of kids, NONE of whom were selfish. I have so much candy in the house right now that I think it qualifies as a felony.
sweettalk

Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 am

australia blue mountains are under "catastrophic" fire conditions. evacs are being urged but are not mandatory yet. however, schools are closed.

boyfriend is sitting home playing video games.

"you should just trust him!" san luis ray. fire does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. my anxiety has me scared i'm saying goodnight to him for the last time. not that he'll sit in a burning house, but road accidents, etc... i'm losing my shit over it. hard.

i'm so scared.
starrydreamer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm

sweettalk wrote:
australia blue mountains are under "catastrophic" fire conditions. evacs are being urged but are not mandatory yet. however, schools are closed.

"you should just trust him!" san luis ray. fire does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. my anxiety has me scared i'm saying goodnight to him for the last time. not that he'll sit in a burning house, but road accidents, etc... i'm losing my shit over it. hard.

i'm so scared.
Hopefully all is well?

Fire scares the begeezus out of me.
BaroqueAgain1

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm

I've been through the whole watching a catastrophic fire burn towards my neighborhood. I'm glad I packed my car and left hours before it reached me. Not watching my home and almost everything I owned burn was probably better for my mental health than if I'd stayed too long like some of my neighbors did.
I hope your boyfriend stays IRL enough to evacuate when he should. :oops:
sweettalk

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 pm

starrydreamer wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm
sweettalk wrote:

i'm so scared.
Hopefully all is well?

Fire scares the begeezus out of me.
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm
so you catch this response too

currently he's not in the active fire areas, he's just in a "if you catch fire you better be in your car already" zone. one popped up near him, went to yellow in 3 min, had 10+ trucks and at least one heli there within 15 min, it was contained and controlled within 30. so they don't mess around out there. and he's packed just in case, will be for a few weeks he said, so i should chill.

if anyone knows how to end the "what if" game that anxiety likes to start, hey let me know :D lol

edit; fire in his town, out/contained within 30-40 min.
another one a fair bit away - set by some punk brats that were photographed (whoo hoo). guy arrested for FANNING THE FLAMES in another (far away) area. what in the entire actual literal hell.
TapitsGal

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:20 am

How's your Monday morning starting? Mine begins with severe abdominal pain, nausea, chills, bad back pain, my heart rate feeling funky, feeling like I have low blood sugar or low blood pressure (all courtesy of my chronic pancreatitis), pain insomnia, confusion, irritability and a host of other concussion related problems...I have to be up at eight to head to my ear, nose and throat doc for a six month ear surgery follow up(at least THAT'S going fine) and will PROBABLY find myself in an ER later this morning and PRAYING for a amazing ER doctor and good ER treatment if my pancreatitis shit doesn't improve...for ONCE I'd love ONE good decent pain free day...you can't even begin to imagine how frustrating fighting this disease is if you are NOT diagnosed with it...and now back to trying not to cry and alarm my service dog Madi the pain is so intense...I live with my best friend family and her off duty paramedic dad said he'd take me to an ER later in the morning if I feel I'm in bad enough shape to be seen...I'm trying not to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital AGAIN if I'm admitted...it's not fun
DawnStorm

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:45 am

You've got quite an organ recital there! Take care of yourself!
What is a mere individual to do? Live as sane and decent a life as you can, love your family and friends and understand that everybody is in this together.
--Ron Smith aka The Voice of Reason
stark

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:05 am

DawnStorm wrote:
Welcome to the board Dawn, you just never know what level of personal information you'll get to read here, this is from the same poster a few years ago....
TapitsGal wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm
i woke up a couple days ago with severe period cramps/gas cramps.today they got very bad and i was curled in the fetal position crying so i went to the ER.bloodwork came back normal as did the X-ray showing that there's just gas in my belly and the transvaginal ultrasound showing my girl parts are fine except for some 3mm uterine thickening.I have been taking Aleve and tylenol to control the cramps as well as percocet at night...nothing's working.at the ER i was given toradol through an iv, 2 percocet and ativan and nothings working to stop the pain.I'm in just as much pain now as i was when i left the ER...i follow up with my GYN doctor(for a different reason) and an GI doctor today for the cramps..what happens if i go into the GI doctors in such severe cramps?are they going to send me back to the ER?insist they admit me for more testing?i've never been down this road before so im scared and dont know
TapitsGal

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:54 am

DawnStorm wrote:
You have no idea..I've got chronic pancreatitis that's resulted in borderline diabetes and a bunch of other stuff..I'm 29.. shouldn't have to be dealing with pancreatitis, diabetes and heart issues yet but I do and it sucks..
stark

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:20 pm

TapitsGal wrote:

You have no idea..I've got chronic pancreatitis that's resulted in borderline diabetes and a bunch of other stuff..I'm 29.. shouldn't have to be dealing with pancreatitis, diabetes and heart issues yet but I do and it sucks..
I'm not for a minute suggesting any sort of holistic or spiritual steps in reducing your pain as I'm a big believer in modern western medicine, but I do know that ATTITUDE plays a significant role in life.

I was at dinner the other night with another couple and the pump alarm on their 11 year old daughter with diabetes went off, it was nothing short of amazing watching how the three of them successfully dealt with it in a public restaurant.

So, while life may not be fair, it's not out to get you either.

If I may suggest a visit to https://www.jdrf.org/ where you will learn that being 29 doesn't exempt you from anything. Life is full of hurdles for everybody, your job is to get over 'em, good luck.
TapitsGal

Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:33 pm

stark wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:20 pm
TapitsGal wrote:

I'm not for a minute suggesting any sort of holistic or spiritual steps in reducing your pain as I'm a big believer in modern western medicine, but I do know that ATTITUDE plays a significant role in life.

I was at dinner the other night with another couple and the pump alarm on their 11 year old daughter with diabetes went off, it was nothing short of amazing watching how the three of them successfully dealt with it in a public restaurant.

So, while life may not be fair, it's not out to get you either.

If I may suggest a visit to https://www.jdrf.org/ where you will learn that being 29 doesn't exempt you from anything. Life is full of hurdles for everybody, your job is to get over 'em, good luck.
I've never said or thought life was out to get me.between multiple chronic illnesses, and overcoming years of abuse I'm relatively Happy with the way my life is right now...I'm in a SAFE home with friends and housemates who love and care for me..that's more than I ever could've asked for or expected...they helped me but ultimately I had to do the work to walk away from my unsafe living situation
War Admiral

Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:54 pm

DawnStorm wrote:
Welcome to the board Dawn. Did you used to post here a lot about 10 or 12 years ago. If you are the same Dawn I remember you and always enjoyed your posts. I don't post nearly as often as I used to as I am super busy with my job and the boards are just not as active as they used to be. If you're brand new here welcome aboard and if you are returning welcome back.
Government is not the solution to the problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan.