Page 189 of 189

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 pm
by stark
Spahny wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
A quick note to the Dodgers and Yankees this morning.

Take off those f'n pajamas and go get dressed for the game.
https://www.apnews.com/1b4cf62cadfd4e9fb5593f29919631bd

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:38 pm
by RuffiantoRags
I sure hope we don't have more heartbreak and disaster at the Camarero Race Track when Dorian hits landfall in Puerto Rico. Hopefully horses are being moved inland to higher ground. Praying for no deaths!

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 pm
by Somnambulist
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 pm
[Ah, thanks, Som. Yeah, in my experience, medical practice has become very regimented and protocol driven. Our docs also have new requirements on documenting conversations with patients. I can't see when even the good ones have the time or even the permission to actually think.
The totally don't have time to think! What Medicare/insurance has done to the industry is nothing short of disgusting. I have no idea how anyone would ever want to go into the field today when it is as it now. I hope you're feeling a little bit better as the days go by.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact I'm not 19 anymore and can't power through fatigue and pain quite like I used to be. Years and years ago, my father told me that one day I would call out of work because I was just too tired to get up in the morning. Tomorrow might be that day since ragweed is destroying me. He always hoped he had off during it that way we could be zombies together. An egg sandwich and intermittently falling asleep on the couch sounds nice.

Is this how global warming is going to undo most of us? Allergies? If so... ugh.

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:54 pm
by Sparrow Castle
Somnambulist wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 pm
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 pm
[Ah, thanks, Som. Yeah, in my experience, medical practice has become very regimented and protocol driven. Our docs also have new requirements on documenting conversations with patients. I can't see when even the good ones have the time or even the permission to actually think.
The totally don't have time to think! What Medicare/insurance has done to the industry is nothing short of disgusting. I have no idea how anyone would ever want to go into the field today when it is as it now. I hope you're feeling a little bit better as the days go by.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact I'm not 19 anymore and can't power through fatigue and pain quite like I used to be. Years and years ago, my father told me that one day I would call out of work because I was just too tired to get up in the morning. Tomorrow might be that day since ragweed is destroying me. He always hoped he had off during it that way we could be zombies together. An egg sandwich and intermittently falling asleep on the couch sounds nice.

Is this how global warming is going to undo most of us? Allergies? If so... ugh.
Thanks for the well wishes! Oh yeah, allergies suck and so does getting older, lol!

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm
by Spahny
stark wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:22 pm
Spahny wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:45 pm
A quick note to the Dodgers and Yankees this morning.

Take off those f'n pajamas and go get dressed for the game.
https://www.apnews.com/1b4cf62cadfd4e9fb5593f29919631bd
Baseball is desperate to gain attention from people who are not interested at all. It's a little embarrassing for them. I was expecting a 7th inning stretch pillow fight between the teams last weekend. They were already dressed for it.

This culture of desperation is a world where there is no such thing as a bad idea. Like the pitch clock for example. Which is baseball's equivalent of spray painting their balding head to appear more attractive.

In this spirit I guess I have an idea, too. When the batter puts the ball in play he can run in either direction, clock-wise or counter clock-wise. I call this free will. And my league is called the libertarian league. I've thought about it and I think it could work but I probably haven't thought of every possible scenario. But at least it tries to address what I believe to be the real problem with the game which is ever-shortening attention spans. I'm attempting to create some chaos out of order and making you pay attention.

Go and ask the poor minor league players currently being tortured with the new rules testing if they would prefer to play libertarian ball over their current form of new-ball andl I believe that they would unanimously choose my game.

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:23 pm
by stark
ElPrado2 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:01 am
In the middle of my first chemo treatment. When did they start it? Midnight of course. More fun then, I guess.

How ya' doin?

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:36 pm
by Somnambulist
Falling for a Yankees fan... :roll: :roll:

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:04 pm
by stark

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:02 pm
by Tessablue
Our first Halloween in the house and we only had three groups of kids, NONE of whom were selfish. I have so much candy in the house right now that I think it qualifies as a felony.

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 am
by sweettalk
australia blue mountains are under "catastrophic" fire conditions. evacs are being urged but are not mandatory yet. however, schools are closed.

boyfriend is sitting home playing video games.

"you should just trust him!" san luis ray. fire does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. my anxiety has me scared i'm saying goodnight to him for the last time. not that he'll sit in a burning house, but road accidents, etc... i'm losing my shit over it. hard.

i'm so scared.

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm
by starrydreamer
sweettalk wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 am
australia blue mountains are under "catastrophic" fire conditions. evacs are being urged but are not mandatory yet. however, schools are closed.

boyfriend is sitting home playing video games.

"you should just trust him!" san luis ray. fire does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. my anxiety has me scared i'm saying goodnight to him for the last time. not that he'll sit in a burning house, but road accidents, etc... i'm losing my shit over it. hard.

i'm so scared.
Hopefully all is well?

Fire scares the begeezus out of me.

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm
by BaroqueAgain1
I've been through the whole watching a catastrophic fire burn towards my neighborhood. I'm glad I packed my car and left hours before it reached me. Not watching my home and almost everything I owned burn was probably better for my mental health than if I'd stayed too long like some of my neighbors did.
I hope your boyfriend stays IRL enough to evacuate when he should. :oops:

Re: The VENT Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:10 pm
by sweettalk
starrydreamer wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:35 pm
sweettalk wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:01 am
australia blue mountains are under "catastrophic" fire conditions. evacs are being urged but are not mandatory yet. however, schools are closed.

boyfriend is sitting home playing video games.

"you should just trust him!" san luis ray. fire does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. my anxiety has me scared i'm saying goodnight to him for the last time. not that he'll sit in a burning house, but road accidents, etc... i'm losing my shit over it. hard.

i'm so scared.
Hopefully all is well?

Fire scares the begeezus out of me.
BaroqueAgain1 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 pm
so you catch this response too


currently he's not in the active fire areas, he's just in a "if you catch fire you better be in your car already" zone. one popped up near him, went to yellow in 3 min, had 10+ trucks and at least one heli there within 15 min, it was contained and controlled within 30. so they don't mess around out there. and he's packed just in case, will be for a few weeks he said, so i should chill.

if anyone knows how to end the "what if" game that anxiety likes to start, hey let me know :D lol

edit; fire in his town, out/contained within 30-40 min.
another one a fair bit away - set by some punk brats that were photographed (whoo hoo). guy arrested for FANNING THE FLAMES in another (far away) area. what in the entire actual literal hell.