Things I've learned from my recent bout with the flu

DawnStorm

Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:21 pm

I am FINALLY over the flu that I first felt on Christmas morning. See, I just don't get the flu---noooo. My family history of allergies and asthma and my own personal history of allergies and bronchitis caused by allergy flare-ups will not let me get off that easy. The flu simply sets out a welcome mat for whatever pathogens decide to visit me in my illness and set up house. A fancy way of saying that first I had the flu, then I developed a nasty upper respiratory infection, bacterial cough (whatever the heck that is) and and bronchitis. But here's what I learned...
Food delivery services are your friend, and yes, there are some places open on Christmas Day.
Cats make great nurses.
Get the flu shot--I did, and I really think that it prevented me from getting an even worse case of flu.
Lotion infused tissues are your friend and worth the money. Your nose will thank you.
Friends who offer to take your dog to their house for a play date with their dogs and/or kids should be thanked endlessly.
Prednisone is the Best Stuff on Earth.
Give me modern medicine and meds any day!!

This is the first day I've been at work since 12/24.
What is a mere individual to do? Live as sane and decent a life as you can, love your family and friends and understand that everybody is in this together.
--Ron Smith aka The Voice of Reason
stark

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm

Agree about the miracle drug Prednisone, just be careful weaning yourself off of it.

Be well.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.