Waiting for news on ...

genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Yes thanks to all for the update.
User avatar
ThreeMustangs
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm
Location: Florida

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Discreet Lover. He was vanned off after finishing last in the Charles Town Classic today.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 am

ThreeMustangs wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:01 pm
Discreet Lover. He was vanned off after finishing last in the Charles Town Classic today.
Don't know who this is but I hope it's true.

DerbyGirl 🐎Derby145 @JuJuBajan
2h2 hours ago
Just got the news Discreet Lover is retired
https://twitter.com/JuJuBajan/status/11 ... 3212021760
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 pm

I rememeber in a post-JCGC article St. Lewis mentioning that even before the JCGC, some farms, one of them being Taylor Made, inquired about standing Discreet Lover after he retires.

I think that would be nice, too. Stakes runner every year he ran, and his pedigree isn't too shabby when you look at it closer (family of Desert Code). I could see him being popular in a regional market or appealing to smaller breeders in Kentucky.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
interco
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Heartrulinghead, a first-starter in GP8 (4/27/19) pulled up & vanned off. Any word? Thanks.
genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Red Gum was injured in the stakes race at Monmouth today, and Jose Ferrer fell. Paulick has an article about the race but no mention of this. Any news? Met Jose a few years ago, super fun guy.
genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Sun May 12, 2019 8:10 pm

Just found twitter posts offering Condolences so he is gone. Hope Jose is ok.
Mintano
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Mon May 13, 2019 7:44 pm

Per his wife José came out of the spill unscathed
BaroqueAgain1
Posts: 10352
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Congrats Gal is down on the track after the running of the Miss Preakness Stakes at Pimlico. The on-track vet says she's being treated for possible heat stroke?
ETA: She's gone, apparently by some sort of 'sudden death' cause, possibly a cardio-vascular event. :(
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Fri May 17, 2019 5:34 pm

Teresa Genaro @BklynBckstretch
15m15 minutes ago
Two statements on the death of Congrats Gal arrive in quick succession.
Image
AND
Image
TapitsGal
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Tue May 21, 2019 7:21 am

horses die from sudden death under ANY circumstances...ive had horses drop dead in the paddock, in the stall, even when ive been riding them...does PETA not care about that? or would that not further their agenda?
djnorth
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:52 am

Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 am

TapitsGal,

Both actually but B > A.
genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Fri May 24, 2019 1:03 pm

I’ve seen people inquiring about Johnny Jumo Up after he appears to have broken down at Delaware Park. Chart says vanned off after going wrong. Does anyone have any updates on him? I haven’t been able to find anything.
Edited to add: Just found out he is gone. 😥
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pm

Ron Flatter @ronflatter
11m11 minutes ago
From @BritneyEurton on @TVG: A @santaanitapark official told her that Kochees "suffered a bilateral sesamoid injury but not a compound fracture, meaning he will be a good candidate for surgery. (He is) being further evaluated at the (Hollendorfer) barn as we speak."

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... y=T&rbt=TB
genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Sun May 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pm
Ron Flatter @ronflatter
11m11 minutes ago
From @BritneyEurton on @TVG: A @santaanitapark official told her that Kochees "suffered a bilateral sesamoid injury but not a compound fracture, meaning he will be a good candidate for surgery. (He is) being further evaluated at the (Hollendorfer) barn as we speak."

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... y=T&rbt=TB
Per John Cherwa in his post today, Kochees was not able to be saved during surgery. Sounds like there was disruption of blood supply to the leg and so the decision was made to euthanize.
User avatar
Sparrow Castle
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Sun May 26, 2019 10:57 pm

genuinerizk wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:24 pm
Sparrow Castle wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 pm
Ron Flatter @ronflatter
11m11 minutes ago
From @BritneyEurton on @TVG: A @santaanitapark official told her that Kochees "suffered a bilateral sesamoid injury but not a compound fracture, meaning he will be a good candidate for surgery. (He is) being further evaluated at the (Hollendorfer) barn as we speak."

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Result ... y=T&rbt=TB
Per John Cherwa in his post today, Kochees was not able to be saved during surgery. Sounds like there was disruption of blood supply to the leg and so the decision was made to euthanize.
Oh ugh, I was afraid they sounded a little too rosy about his prognosis. FWIW Kochees trained over the winter on the dirt main track. I wish TSG would just get out those scanning machines and do a workup on each and every single one of those horses at their expense, if they haven't already. To state the obvious, finding pre-existing injury at the breakdown site during necropsy is too little too late. So sorry, Kochees, you didn't deserve this.
genuinerizk
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Fri May 31, 2019 8:56 am

Any news on Dempsey at Gulfstream or Beau Dan at Belterra yesterday? Both looked like bad breaks downs but charts just say van off.
User avatar
Mylute
Posts: 3177
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:20 pm
Location: Alabama

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Good news for Lake Ponchatrain, who was vanned off after the Saylorville at PRM yesterday!

Owner-trainer Ernest Haynes said it appeared Lake Ponchatrain had injured a check ligament but that she was "walking sound" on Sunday morning. Further tests in coming days will help determine the extent of the problem and whether Lake Ponchatrain will race again since Haynes said he had already decided his mare would be bred next year.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
swale1984
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Anyone have any news on Nicodemus? Was pulled up after the Nerud on Saturday . Haven't been able to find any news since the news that he was pulled up.
User avatar
Flanders
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:09 am

swale1984 wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 pm
Anyone have any news on Nicodemus? Was pulled up after the Nerud on Saturday . Haven't been able to find any news since the news that he was pulled up.
I read it was do to how he was reacting to the heat, not that he had been injured.
Post Reply