Waiting for news on ...

8596wool

Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:45 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:Aussi Austin...just won at Aqueduct.
From DRF: Aussi Austin was quite impressive winning first start off the claim for Jacobson. However, he is being vanned off. May have issue left fore

Likely the end for him. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

From DRF's Grening: Aussi Austin, vanned off after winning AQU 8th, was lame left front. More tests to come before final diagnosis, per NYRA.
Fingers crossed.
baitandswitch

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:From DRF's Grening: Aussi Austin, vanned off after winning AQU 8th, was lame left front. More tests to come before final diagnosis, per NYRA.
Fingers crossed.
And the uproar on Twitter was that the horse was obviously injured, however the jockey still rode him all the way to the winners circle for the picture before dismounting. If true, that's truly disgusting. :(
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:51 pm

From DRF's David Grening: Aussi Austin, vanned off after winning Friday's feature, suffered a condylar fracture and is undergoing surgery today at Cornell, per NYRA.
I see that his jockey was Taylor Rice. I have a hard time believing that the niece of a top trainer would be so careless with an injured horse...could her relative inexperience have caused her to miss the signs that her horse was lame?
:(
8596wool

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:30 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:From DRF's David Grening: Aussi Austin, vanned off after winning Friday's feature, suffered a condylar fracture and is undergoing surgery today at Cornell, per NYRA.
I see that his jockey was Taylor Rice. I have a hard time believing that the niece of a top trainer would be so careless with an injured horse...could her relative inexperience have caused her to miss the signs that her horse was lame?
IMO...the recent bad press Jacobsen has gotten for the1)quantity of deaths" for his horses as well as his 2)"penchant' for racing his stable on a few days rest...is the ONLY reason poor Aussi Austin is even going to have a chance to live via surgery.
Look at Clawback...claimed from Klaravich Stables in Dec. 2013 by Jacobsen for 50k. Left to die on the floor of his stall from a "neurological illness"...mistreatment and too many drugs, IMO. If they can't race, horses are useless to Jacobsen.

Jacobsen claimed Aussi Austin from Michael Dubb et al and Rudy Rodriquez for 50k in Mar13. Horse won last 2 for RR before 1st of claim win for Jacobsen. Had a 35-5-7-4 record at 6yrs and 250k earnings. No doubt the "pain killer" wore off and the Aussi Austin limped home a "winner".

Maybe Aussi Austin...if Jacobsen "doesn't pull the plug on him while he is at the hospital" can be the first Jacobsen "donation of 25k and 10 acres to Old Friends for "every horse he retires there. Great deal for Jacobsen since Jacobsen 'never" has a horse retire that can stand on four legs. Great PR move for Jacobsen and NYRA. A sham.

I bet poor Aussi Austin never makes it out of the hospital.
8596wool

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:32 pm

dup
Last edited by 8596wool on Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baitandswitch

Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:54 pm

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:From DRF's David Grening: Aussi Austin, vanned off after winning Friday's feature, suffered a condylar fracture and is undergoing surgery today at Cornell, per NYRA.
I think with she should have known better at this point honestly. Kevin Cox's (Horseplayers TV Show) Tweet from yesterday:

kevin cox ‏@brooklyncowboy1 23h
A horse noticeably limping on the gallop out should NOT be ridden back to the winners circle---ever. #aqueduct @JBossertNYDN
Mintano

Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:04 pm

baitandswitch wrote:
I think with she should have known better at this point honestly. Kevin Cox's (Horseplayers TV Show) Tweet from yesterday:

A horse noticeably limping on the gallop out should NOT be ridden back to the winners circle---ever. #aqueduct @JBossertNYDN
If you watch the replay on Horse Races Now they show him picked up WITH the outrider and visibly lame she then gallops him back to the winners circle. I don't know what the heck they were thinking not vanning him off.
baitandswitch

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:10 am

Mintano wrote:
baitandswitch wrote:

If you watch the replay on Horse Races Now they show him picked up WITH the outrider and visibly lame she then gallops him back to the winners circle. I don't know what the heck they were thinking not vanning him off.
Exactly. Taylor deserves at the minimum a fine and suspension IMHO.
baitandswitch

Thu May 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Hotradamus - Santa Anita R3- Vanned off with injury to left fore. Doesn't look good.
second_glance

Thu May 01, 2014 7:11 pm

baitandswitch wrote:Hotradamus - Santa Anita R3- Vanned off with injury to left fore. Doesn't look good.
He's gone. As per his breeder.
Catalina

Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

RIP, handsome boy.
colleenanne

Sat May 03, 2014 2:30 pm

[/quote]

If you watch the replay on Horse Races Now they show him picked up WITH the outrider and visibly lame she then gallops him back to the winners circle. I don't know what the heck they were thinking not vanning him off.[/quote]

Exactly. Taylor deserves at the minimum a fine and suspension IMHO.[/quote]

euthanized post-surgery. Taylor Rice you should learn from this!
Catalina

Sat May 03, 2014 2:43 pm

Taylor Rice would remember that a lot better if it had come with days and a hefty fine.
8596wool

Sat May 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Catalina wrote:Taylor Rice would remember that a lot better if it had come with days and a hefty fine.

She was likely under orders from Jacobsen to ride the horse into the winners circle to quote Scott Blasi, "while the adrenelin is still going ,and they can't 'feel the pain' yet"
Catalina

Sat May 03, 2014 5:29 pm

8596wool wrote:
Catalina wrote:Taylor Rice would remember that a lot better if it had come with days and a hefty fine.

She was likely under orders from Jacobsen to ride the horse into the winners circle to quote Scott Blasi, "while the adrenelin is still going ,and they can't 'feel the pain' yet"
There is that... :evil:
Lakeway

Sat May 03, 2014 5:39 pm

Totally agree - a fine and suspension. Learn to always FIRST take care of the horse...
TapitsGal

Sun May 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Granny Calling broke down and Gonzalo Nicolas fractured his sternum...not sure Granny Calling's outcome
WarBiscuit

Sun May 04, 2014 5:37 pm

TapitsGal wrote:Granny Calling broke down and Gonzalo Nicolas fractured his sternum...not sure Granny Calling's outcome
She's gone...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
TapitsGal

Sun May 04, 2014 5:47 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
TapitsGal wrote:Granny Calling broke down and Gonzalo Nicolas fractured his sternum...not sure Granny Calling's outcome
She's gone...

WarBiscuit
damn it.wicked sad, thanks