Waiting for news on ...

serenassong

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Chart says that she clipped heels with Ballerina Belle and fell. May she R. I. P.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
second_glance

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 43s
Terrible scene in paddock as Apropos has flipped and apparently hit her head. She's being attended to behind tarps held aloft.

This is at Arlington in the paddock for the G3 Chicago Handicap.

Edited to add:

Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 2m
Efforts are being made to save Apropos after paddock injury. Don't have vet report. Mare apparently went over and struck her head.
second_glance

Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:46 pm

second_glance wrote:Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 43s
Terrible scene in paddock as Apropos has flipped and apparently hit her head. She's being attended to behind tarps held aloft.

This is at Arlington in the paddock for the G3 Chicago Handicap.

Edited to add:

Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 2m
Efforts are being made to save Apropos after paddock injury. Don't have vet report. Mare apparently went over and struck her head.

Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 1m
Apropos, who flipped in paddock & struck head pre-R9, taken off in ambulance still alive. Bleeding controlled. Brain concerns. #arlington
Catalina

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:11 pm

second_glance wrote:
Marcus Hersh ‏@DRFHersh 1m
Apropos, who flipped in paddock & struck head pre-R9, taken off in ambulance still alive. Bleeding controlled. Brain concerns. #arlington
Hope they can save her. Even if it is "just" a concussion, it'll take a while to resolve.
second_glance

Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Steve Andersen ‏@DRFAndersen 2m
Clenor, the 7-2 2nd choice, was pulled up shortly after start of Saturday's G3 Senorita Stakes. She is standing on first turn. #santaanita
ThreeMustangs

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 pm

second_glance wrote:Steve Andersen ‏@DRFAndersen 2m
Clenor, the 7-2 2nd choice, was pulled up shortly after start of Saturday's G3 Senorita Stakes. She is standing on first turn. #santaanita
Doug O'Neill ‏@DougONeill1 1h
Clenor is fine. Tyler thought she didn't feel fluid as usual, and as a precaution pulled her up. She jogged off... http://fb.me/6sMXCOqmp
WarBiscuit

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:56 pm

RIP Apropos. Euthanized per DRF...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Catalina

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:RIP Apropos. Euthanized per DRF...

WarBiscuit
Very, very sad. They tried so very hard to give her a chance. RIP, fleet Apropos. You did your daddy proud.
BaroqueAgain1

Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:07 pm

That is such a shame. The granddaughter of Giant's Causeway and A.P. Indy was a classy filly. :(
second_glance

Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:40 pm

WarBiscuit
And her full brother, Carve, just won the Cornhusker. Strange day in racing.
serenassong

Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:52 am

WarBiscuit
Ugh- poor thing. Every time I hear of a horse flipping in the paddock- I think of Three Ring

R. I. P.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
serenassong

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:08 am

If anyone know status of these, please let me know

6/27
Dakota Fred Belterra R2- stumbled at break, eased.
In Rennick's Honor Belterra R1- pulled up on first turn, walked off

6/28
Aly's Reward Belterra R7- set early pace, stopped, vanned off- may be a case of exhaustion- but most worried about this one.
serenassong

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:43 pm

serenassong wrote:If anyone know status of these, please let me know

6/27
Dakota Fred Belterra R2- stumbled at break, eased.
In Rennick's Honor Belterra R1- pulled up on first turn, walked off

6/28
Aly's Reward Belterra R7- set early pace, stopped, vanned off- may be a case of exhaustion- but most worried about this one.
In Rennick's Honor showed up on the work tab

In Rennick's Honor
Your Comment: Harlington x Strike Me Silly (Strike the Gold)

Date: July 10, 2014
Track: Belterra Park
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 50:38
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

ETA- Dakota Fredalso reappears

Dakota Fred
Your Comment: Harlington x Shopit

Date: July 11, 2014
Track: The Thoroughbred Center
Distance: Four Furlongs
Time: 50:80
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:59 pm

From DRF: Aftermarketslam ($8.80) won Thursday's fourth race for $20,000 maiden claimers, but will be vanned off from backstretch. #delmar

I watched that race, and although I was impressed by how game the horse was to come back for the win, I also thought he was moving very awkwardly. Appears I was right. :(
I really hope that apprentice Drayden Van Dyke didn't keep 'urging' a horse who should have been pulled sooner, rather than later.
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:27 pm

More bad news from Del Mar's first day...the Euro shipper who went off favorite in the 5th, Kokaltash, clearly injured a foreleg just after he crossed the wire as a fast-closing third. Nice horse...but it looked bad.
And it makes me wonder about what TVG's Simon has been saying all day about the new turf course...it's putting-green short and firm. That could be hard on a horse's legs, especially one who had only raced in Europe, and is not used to SoCal's extra-firm grass courses.

ETA...Per DRF's Anderson: Kokaltash, third in Thursday's 5th, was taken to trainer Darrell Vienna's barn with a sesamoid injury, stewards said.
Last edited by BaroqueAgain1 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Izvestia

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Steve Andersen @DRFAndersen
The $10,000 claim of 1st race winner Hawk's Eyes was voided because of unsoundness. Returns to A.C. Avila from Tim McCanna. #delmar
peeptoad

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 am

BaroqueAgain1 wrote:More bad news fro Del Mar's first day...the Euro shipper who went off favorite in the 5th, Kokaltash, clearly injured a foreleg just after he crossed the wire as a fast-closing third. Nice horse...but it looked bad.
And it makes me wonder about what TVG's Simon has been saying all day about the new turf course...it's putting-green short and firm. That could be hard on a horse's legs, especially one who had only raced in Europe, and is not used to SoCal's extra-firm grass courses.

ETA...Per DRF's Anderson: Kokaltash, third in Thursday's 5th, was taken to trainer Darrell Vienna's barn with a sesamoid injury, stewards said.

Any updates on this horse? His left front was the affected limb and it did not look good...
baitandswitch

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 am

Per news reports, Kokaltash, a French colt trained by Darrell Vienna, had to be euthanized after being injured on the turf course in the fifth race.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Damndamndamn. I think he could have been a stakes horse, considering how powerfully he was closing in that race.
Condolences to his connections.