Rockport Birdie and a few others

Pirateena

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 am

I'm wondering about some from my virtual stable, plus a couple that I'm relatively sure are dead (but oddly enough Horse Racing Wrongs seems to be mostly ignoring Portland Meadows this season for some reason).

The two I think are dead:
I'lbeamonkeysuncle (pretty sure he died of a heart attack during his last race, as I was watching, and he struggled all the way through the final turn before going down at the head of the stretch and laying very still, but its just 'vanned off' on the chart)
C'mon Cash (also went down a race or two after I'lbeamonkeysuncle, but maybe not dead?)

The ones from my stable I haven't seen for a bit:
Rockport Birdie
Private Rhonda
Eddington's Star
Wunjo (poor guy seems to get just one race a year...)
E E Legal (a pinto!)
My Flash Gentry
Rally Cap Rudy (I know I've asked before, hoping there's any news)
Trelawny (Hoping he's gone to Old Friends already, but haven't seen anything on their website yet)

Thanks for any help! Say, has anyone else had the experience of watching Keeneland Mixed sales and suddenly seeing horses you know/in your virtual stable getting sold in the ring? That's how I found out three of 'mine' were retired last year. But I'm REALLY excited by the fact one of them is carrying a Frosted foal! :D

--BrawnsMom
GO KNICKS GO!
Pirateena

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Okay, so I guess no one can help me out? There was some forum weirdness when I posted the initial post anyway, but it now seems to be visible just fine.

Ah well, thanks anyway...I do know now that Trelawny is doing good, gonna race again this year at 12, as he worked 3 furlongs at Emerald Downs yesterday.

--Pi
GO KNICKS GO!
Flanders

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

I didn't post because I couldn't find anything. I tried when you initially posted.
Pirateena

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Flanders wrote:
I didn't post because I couldn't find anything. I tried when you initially posted.
Oh, okay! Thanks anyway! :)

I wonder what's going on - last time I looked E E Legal didn't even have any races on Equibase, even tho I know I watched him run twice via Twinspires. But I think he was at a small Canadian track, either Assiniboia or Marquis Downs, and maybe their records aren't being counted anymore?

--Pi
GO KNICKS GO!
Flanders

Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 am

Pirateena wrote:
Flanders wrote:

I wonder what's going on - last time I looked E E Legal didn't even have any races on Equibase, even tho I know I watched him run twice via Twinspires. But I think he was at a small Canadian track, either Assiniboia or Marquis Downs, and maybe their records aren't being counted anymore?

--Pi
E E Legal has 2 starts in August 2018 at Assiniboia on Equibase.

As for the rest, none have death reports (doesn't mean anything though) and the one mare wasn't bred for a 2019 foal.
Pirateena

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Flanders wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:56 am
Pirateena wrote:
Flanders wrote:

--Pi
E E Legal has 2 starts in August 2018 at Assiniboia on Equibase.

As for the rest, none have death reports (doesn't mean anything though) and the one mare wasn't bred for a 2019 foal.
I just realized I meant on Twinspires, in the 'Manage Stable' area...where it shows the date of last activity as 'none-3 yrs'. D'oh! :oops: :?

Its the daylight savings time, all screwing with my head! I swear! :? :lol:

--Pi
GO KNICKS GO!
WarBiscuit

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm

I tried finding some information on them as well, but came up empty. Will continue with the detective work though - maybe something will turn up. Thought for sure that old Trelawny was heading into retirement, and was surprised to see the workout posted. Best of luck to him - he's a popular and good horse.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Pirateena

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:43 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm
I tried finding some information on them as well, but came up empty. Will continue with the detective work though - maybe something will turn up. Thought for sure that old Trelawny was heading into retirement, and was surprised to see the workout posted. Best of luck to him - he's a popular and good horse.
Same here, especially since he's got a stall waiting at Old Friends. But he must be as ready to retire as his ol' trainer is.

--Pi
GO KNICKS GO!