Waiting for news on ...

second_glance

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Jingles for "Jimmy"! The AUS$5M half-brother to Black Caviar was apparently bitten by a white tail spider, developed a serious leg infection, then had a serious reaction to antibiotics, and is now battling laminitis. 50/50 chance he'll make it.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/black-c ... fault.aspx
Ziggypop

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:53 pm

second_glance wrote:Jingles for "Jimmy"! The AUS$5M half-brother to Black Caviar was apparently bitten by a white tail spider, developed a serious leg infection, then had a serious reaction to antibiotics, and is now battling laminitis. 50/50 chance he'll make it.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/black-c ... fault.aspx
Oh dear.
horsefan

Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Baby Harlow broke down last night at Charlestown. Didn't look good I hope I am wrong.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pd ... 13USA9.pdf
Northport

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Does anyone know where Bern Identity is? Some hype around him during TC season then vanished
weeeeeeeee
Catalina

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 am

Northport wrote:Does anyone know where Bern Identity is? Some hype around him during TC season then vanished
Per a comment on Horse Racing Nation, he is (was?) back at the Hall's farm in Kentucky, and was expected to return around early November. FCor what that is worth. I haven't seen any works listed as yet.
second_glance

Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 3m
Centralinteligence, who suffered fracture in BC Dirt Mile & had surgery, doing well, may even race again late next year, per trainer Ellis.
Lakeway

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:58 pm

second_glance wrote:Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman 3m
Centralinteligence, who suffered fracture in BC Dirt Mile & had surgery, doing well, may even race again late next year, per trainer Ellis.
Thanks for posting... There's also an article at DRF, "Hollywood Park: Centralinteligence on road to recovery", but it's one of the new DRF+ articles that I can't access - hate it... :x
interco

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Orangeyouacutie (#8) pulled up vanned off BHP5th (11/21). Any news appreciated.
Calypso

Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Beamer pulled up in a 2 1/8 mile hurdle at Camden on November 23, chart says that he "trailed and was pulled up after ten jumps". His most previous start was in April, he fell at the last fence and (obviously) did not finish the race. Two DNFs in two starts this year.....
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
serenassong

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:50 pm

interco wrote:Orangeyouacutie (#8) pulled up vanned off BHP5th (11/21). Any news appreciated.
I checked the vet list and did not see this one listed. May be gone, unfortunately- will keep checking JC.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"- Mythbusters
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
"Sometimes I think he's the King of Stupid" - Old Man- Pawn Stars
Le Beau Bai

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Calypso wrote:Beamer pulled up in a 2 1/8 mile hurdle at Camden on November 23, chart says that he "trailed and was pulled up after ten jumps". His most previous start was in April, he fell at the last fence and (obviously) did not finish the race. Two DNFs in two starts this year.....
I don't have any official news but I'd be tempted to say he is probably fine, jump horses gets pulled up far more often than flat horses :) Since he was trailing and there was only prize money to 6th there would have been little point in pushing him to finish the race when he wasn't running well, better to save them for another day...
serenassong

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:45 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:
Calypso wrote:Beamer pulled up in a 2 1/8 mile hurdle at Camden on November 23, chart says that he "trailed and was pulled up after ten jumps". His most previous start was in April, he fell at the last fence and (obviously) did not finish the race. Two DNFs in two starts this year.....
I don't have any official news but I'd be tempted to say he is probably fine, jump horses gets pulled up far more often than flat horses :) Since he was trailing and there was only prize money to 6th there would have been little point in pushing him to finish the race when he wasn't running well, better to save them for another day...

Very true- you often see a notation- "left course" in the charts- common place for this type of race. Hope the horse is ok.
"Oh, What fresh Hell is this?!"- Sheldon Cooper(quoted from Dorothy Parker)- Big Bang Theory
Calypso

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:28 am

Le Beau Bai wrote:
I know you're right and I hope this is the case, it's just the events of his previous race in April that gives me cause for concern. A fall, six month layoff, and pull up doesn't do much to inspire confidence.
Soylent green is....tasty!!!
second_glance

Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:27 pm

There's a rumor that two jocks were carried off the track on stretchers this morning at Belmont. Have no idea if this is accurate, but if anyone hears anything about jocks or horses, please post.
Catalina

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:40 pm

second_glance wrote:There's a rumor that two jocks were carried off the track on stretchers this morning at Belmont. Have no idea if this is accurate, but if anyone hears anything about jocks or horses, please post.
I wonder whether it's related to Two Roses' fatal breakdown while breezing this morning on the training track.
serenassong

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:57 am

Gilliganwas claimed after a 5th place finish at BHP on the 30th, now there is no record of it on the chart. I hope he did not get hurt, any news appreciated.
serenassong

Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:39 pm

serenassong wrote:Gilliganwas claimed after a 5th place finish at BHP on the 30th, now there is no record of it on the chart. I hope he did not get hurt, any news appreciated.
On CHRB vet list as being unsound, claim voided. Hope he is ok.
serenassong

Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm

interco wrote:Orangeyouacutie (#8) pulled up vanned off BHP5th (11/21). Any news appreciated.
Per CHRB minutes, this one was released of pain off the track, sorry.

Also, a horse named "She's All Yours" was also released from pain the same week.

11/28-
Perfectamente- died post race on track, possible heat -related.

R. I. P.
interco

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:14 am

okty.
BaroqueAgain1

Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:36 pm

In the 1st at Hollywood Park, it looked like Rocky Barboa broke down at the head of the stretch and Bob Consultation fell over the fallen Rocky. When I saw BC struggle to his feet, it was clear that he had a broken front leg. :cry:
Looked bad for both horses, and I'm still waiting for TVG to update us on horses and riders...although I did hear that one of the jocks was up and walking.