The VENT Thread

TapitsGal

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:28 am

I go out for a fun evening at special Olympics and my nasty pancreas chooses to act up. I'm currently sitting in the ER. Good news my best friend/roommate was with me. I've lived with her and her parents and sister for seven months. Even better news, her dad was on duty during the event as a paramedic and knowing this info, she was able to specifically request him when the fire department arrived. So I got the bonus of an ambulance ride with someone who knows me and my complicated medical issues EXTREMELY well. And I was more relaxed knowing someone I care for and love like a parent was with me...added bonus, he insisted my best friend ride in the ambulance with us
ElPrado2

Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 pm

I went home from the hospital yesterday. Guess where I am now? Same place. I really do not want any more conversations with kidney stones. You can't always get what you want.
ElPrado2

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:20 am

The dr admitted that I will be admitted... so that they can find out what I am being admitted for.
ElPrado2

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:57 pm

That was an interesting Monday night. I was stuck in the ER till 5 A M. I got there at the same time as the remnants of a 5 car pile up on I75. Gurneys everywhere. I got stuck on a corner, no rooms for everyone. I'm right in front of the resuscitation trauma center. I had firemen going past me doing CPR several times. I asked where my dr went... he was the one keeping them alive. Ok, no problem
Anyone thinking you are allowed to rest in a hospital is nuts. You get to sleep, then they come by doing vitals. Then, at 4 AM, comes the blood work bunch. 5... more vitals. 5:30, my thyroid pill. 6, vitals again. 7 ... first dr floats through, rubbing sleep out of his eyes. 9 breakfast and 2 more drs run into eachother trying to fit all at the same time. Got lucky, breakfast was not on the floor. By the time I get to eat, oatmeal is rock solid, egg is chilly and coffee is ice. You could hang sides of beef in most hospital rooms. Usually freezing. Dr #4 wanders in, 10:30. How am I feeling? Does he really want me to tell him that? Frozen to start with. Few questions, he bounces out. Some tech nurse runs in, puts in an IV. As she leaves, my male nurse dashes in, to take it out. Surprise, I'm going to live. Also going home. Did the dr say a word about it while he was there 4 minutes earlier? Nope. They had only just found me a gown.
I get ready to go home. Transporter appears, asks where I'm going. He thought it was to the CT Scan room. 10 minutes, yes, still going home. I get wheeled to the new patient departure lounge. Cabs are now supposed to run in, tell a nurse who they are picking up, and load them into car and go. Someone please tell hospital security this. Driver touches door handle to get out... security dweeb runs over and tells him he can"t leave his car. Driver says the hell with it and leaves. Calls his dispatch and explains he can't pick me up and why. Another party of screw ups.
Another cab sent to get me, and tech running the departure lounge gets to wheel me out, plant me right in front of the security dweeb, call him a few names, and tell him to allow the cabs to pick up fares that called for cabs. Dweeb is really too intelligent a name for him. 5 minutes later, my cab shows up, probably by sheer luck the security idiot remembers why my butt is sitting on the hood of his car. I get to go home.
starrydreamer

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 am

Good grief. I've spent my fair share of time in hospitals (to be fair, they're almost all children's hospitals) and never quite that level of incompetence. Is there another hospital you can go to?
ElPrado2

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:13 pm

I'll be nice. It was the third day the new discharged patient lounge was open and the nitwit had not worked that process before. I was in all day Tuesday, went in Monday night. It was Wed morning. Mon and Tues were his days off. He was confused as well as being dumb. He did apologize.
starrydreamer

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 pm

I've been fostering dogs for a rescue the last few months. Today, I gotta go pick up the one that got adopted on Saturday because the adopter claims we lied about her being potty trained. In the two weeks I had this dog, she did not have any peeing accidents inside. The adopter seems more concerned about her expensive antique rugs and doesn't want to try things like keeping the dog contained in a dog-proof room until the dog becomes more comfortable. This is a dog from a hoarder situation that is very shy and doesn't like being touched and I was pretty clear about that up front.

Forget the fact I'm going to have to soothe this poor confused dog (although I imagine she's just going to be relieved to be back here and with my dog, with whom she became weirdo-shy-dog friends), I'm really annoyed about being called a liar when the truth is the adopter just wants out of the adoption contract because she didn't realize she wants a robot, not a dog. I really hope she doesn't get her money back.
Tessablue

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Thought I was getting minor surgery on Monday, but got a call today that it was canceled because I don't need surgery right now, but I might need major surgery in the future, because they probably identified what's going on and it's probably normal but also it could be cancer. Oh, and the mass is way bigger than anyone thought.

My feelings are.... mixed.
starrydreamer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:36 am

Tessablue wrote:
Thought I was getting minor surgery on Monday, but got a call today that it was canceled because I don't need surgery right now, but I might need major surgery in the future, because they probably identified what's going on and it's probably normal but also it could be cancer. Oh, and the mass is way bigger than anyone thought.

Geez, that post was a roller coaster ride. Hoping it's normal.
Somnambulist

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:57 am

Tessablue wrote:

Time for a second opinion.
Catalina

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Somnambulist wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:57 am
Tessablue wrote:

Time for a second opinion.
That is also what came to my mind.
Tessablue

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 pm

Eh I don't really blame the doctors, everything just sounds worse when you're venting. The issue has bounced around between quite a few of them and I'm lucky enough to get care across a number of ridiculously good institutions. Unfortunately, it's just something that can't be confirmed either way without open surgery... which will probably happen in the fall.

Just frustrated by the uncertainty, and the knowledge that my long-awaited time off in the fall will likely be consumed by surgery recovery. Thanks everyone for listening.
Catalina

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:35 pm

Tessablue wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:02 pm
Eh I don't really blame the doctors, everything just sounds worse when you're venting. The issue has bounced around between quite a few of them and I'm lucky enough to get care across a number of ridiculously good institutions. Unfortunately, it's just something that can't be confirmed either way without open surgery... which will probably happen in the fall.

Just frustrated by the uncertainty, and the knowledge that my long-awaited time off in the fall will likely be consumed by surgery recovery. Thanks everyone for listening.
Glad to hear that you have full confidence in your team of doctors, and all the best for the surgery.
TapitsGal

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:49 pm

My friend was admitted to a psych ward last thursday and yesterday at the emergency vet my dog was diagnosed with a partial blockage..luckily no surgery was needed and she'll pass whatever she ate and be fine. She's already feeling better today...I'm stunned and very relieved...stunned because she has NEVER been one to get into mischief. Started out yesterday morning at regular vet and ended up at ER vet...nearly $700 between the two visits and a heart attack for me later she's fine...luckily I live with an amazing best friends family...knowing what she means to me, they footed the bill for both vet visits and I will DEFINITELY pay them back in increments as I can. They literally told me as I was stressing out and in tears with anxiety through the roof not to worry about finances..wed cross that bridge when it came and basically said there's nothing they would Do for my dog that they wouldn't do for their own
stark

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Just shut up and play soccer.
I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
ElPrado2

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 am

You guys are missing out on all the fun.

In the apartments across the street, in a gunfight, one guy shot his roommate, then went 3 blocks south and shot his other roommate. So, the cops let him calm down and sleep whatever he was on, off. 5:13 this morning, the cops invited 9 unmarked, 1 sergeant's SUV, 1 evidence van, and a stray rescue squad truck (just in case) and knocked on his door. The guy found out that blaming a raccoon or squirrel didn't work. Cops also found enough drugs for major felony counts.
I had a ringside seat at my dining room window.
stark

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:07 am

Who are these people?

In total there are 96 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 93 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 227 on Sat May 04, 2019 3:21 pm
stark

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 pm

WarBiscuit

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:48 pm

stark wrote:
Who are these people?

In total there are 96 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 93 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
I've wondered that myself. Most are probably the curious lurkers, but considering the climate today, some are undoubtedly up to no good and are seeking ammunition to help sink the sport. Kind of a 'know your enemy" mission.

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken
Catalina

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:49 pm

WarBiscuit wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:48 pm
stark wrote:
Who are these people?

I've wondered that myself. Most are probably the curious lurkers, but considering the climate today, some are undoubtedly up to no good and are seeking ammunition to help sink the sport. Kind of a 'know your enemy" mission.

WarBiscuit
Plus, if I recall, the initials TBC also are used by a role-playing game, so some of these people may actually be looking for that.