PETA Is A Bully

stark

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm

I've found it easier to tear up tickets at 8/1 instead of 8/5.
Kurenai
Site Admin

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 pm

I am wondering what PETA actually does FOR animals. I know the ASPCA does a loooot of good work. All I ever hear about Peta is that they are working the PR machinery. Apart from them putting pets down in their shelters. What kind of animal rights organization runs a kill shelter?!?

There are so many really great organizations out there, that do a ton of work to help animals, work together to improve things for animals, yet they never get the spot light. The only thing Peta is very good at is to use the outrage culture to their advantage.

There's an organization like this in Austria too, their main goal is to destroy the carriage rides (long tradition). They've been invited countless times to come and see how the horses are kept, that they get turn outs, work only every second day, that they stay with their owners til they pass away. They refuse and still put up pictures from about 20 years ago where some a**hole kept horses in a cellar. Saddest thing is: people believe them more, than the people who work day in day out with the horses.

Organizations like that need to work WITH the people instead of against them. That's IMO the right way to change things.

My personal view on PETA is that they remind me sometimes of a sect. I'm all for reducing meat consumption so that meat isn't mass produced, and localized etc. To demand that dogs and cats etc should be free too (domesticated animals) is just nuts and animal cruelty. They can check what happens to all those strays in Turkey, Romania, Spain etc. They are not living a good life. Ridden by diseases, starving etc.
Katewerk

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:49 pm

Kurenai wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 pm
I am wondering what PETA actually does FOR animals. I know the ASPCA does a loooot of good work. All I ever hear about Peta is that they are working the PR machinery. Apart from them putting pets down in their shelters. What kind of animal rights organization runs a kill shelter?!?

There are so many really great organizations out there, that do a ton of work to help animals, work together to improve things for animals, yet they never get the spot light. The only thing Peta is very good at is to use the outrage culture to their advantage.

There's an organization like this in Austria too, their main goal is to destroy the carriage rides (long tradition). They've been invited countless times to come and see how the horses are kept, that they get turn outs, work only every second day, that they stay with their owners til they pass away. They refuse and still put up pictures from about 20 years ago where some a**hole kept horses in a cellar. Saddest thing is: people believe them more, than the people who work day in day out with the horses.

Organizations like that need to learn WITH the people instead of against them. That's IMO the right way to change things.

My personal view on PETA is that they remind me sometimes of a sect. I'm all for reducing meat consumption so that meat isn't mass produced, and localized etc. To demand that dogs and cats etc should be free too (domesticated animals) is just nuts and animal cruelty. They can check what happens to all those strays in Turkey, Romania, Spain etc. They are not living a good life. Ridden by diseases, starving etc.
PETA exists to enrich PETA. Funded by the gullible and energized by cultists. That's why it's suicidal to invite them to the discussion table on any issue -- it only legitimizes and empowers them. They are the crocodile that Churchill warned of.

The only effective response to PETA: mockery and condemnation
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:14 pm

That's a powerful article by Donna. The LA Times should publish THAT, instead of running another photo of PETA protesters.
IMO, referring to them as an extremist sect is apt. :(
stark

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Jay Privman
‏@DRFPrivman

This should land on the desk of every politician who has been brainwashed by these nut jobs and the desks of every racing executive who thinks appeasement is or will work
Diver52

Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 pm

I recently googled "wild horse mortality rates" just for fun. Of course the BLM says that activists overstate rates in order to argue that the wild horses should be protected; activists claim that the BLM lowballs rates to justify culling and capture. But the various estimates run up to 50% foal mortality, and from 5-40% herd mortality.

I also roll my eyes at the "free to roam" argument. Wild animals don't roam because they enjoy travel--they roam because they must, to find food and water. Do birds fly thousands of miles because they want to see other hemispheres? Of course not; they migrate to escape harsh winters. Do millions of wildebeest perform the "Great Migration" for fun? They're following seasonal grasses and water sources.

If the National Park service decided to shift gears and feature "Breakfast with the Bears" at Yosemite, putting out several hundred pounds of raw meat in the meadows near campgrounds, would the bears spend their days roaming the back country? You really can't fix stupid and unfortunately, you can't stop malicious agendas, either.
I ran marathons. I saw the Taj Mahal by Moonlight. I drove Highway 1 in a convertible. I petted Zenyatta.
barbaro111

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 pm

stark wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm
According to Donna Brothers....

https://donnabrothers.com/2019/11/13/peta-is-a-bully/

This wonderful powerful article needs to get national attention--- someone should send it to the LA Times and the New York Times.
PETA needs to be exposed for what they are-
BaroqueAgain1

Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:56 pm

FWIW, I sent the link by email to John Cherwa of the LA Times. Hopefully, he can get some of his colleagues to read it.
Ziggypop

Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:37 am

Subterfuge. Does not change the fact the industry is toxic from within and no one has the balls to truly rut out the cancerous tumors that are everywhere.

Blaming PETA or anyone else, for that matter, for stunning slow responses by the industry to remove the tumors is getting a bit long in the tooth.
stark

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Ziggypop wrote:
Subterfuge. Does not change the fact the industry is toxic from within and no one has the balls to truly rut out the cancerous tumors that are everywhere.

Blaming PETA or anyone else, for that matter, for stunning slow responses by the industry to remove the tumors is getting a bit long in the tooth.
Just as soon as Ms. America polishes off the World Peace project, Horse Racing is next up on the agenda.
Patience is a virtue.
Curtis

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 pm

stark wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:

Just as soon as Ms. America polishes off the World Peace project, Horse Racing is next up on the agenda.
Patience is a virtue.
Where does the Dodgers being named the winner of the 2017 WS fit in?
stark

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 pm

Curtis wrote:
stark wrote:
Ziggypop wrote:

Patience is a virtue.
Curtis

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:45 pm

stark wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 pm
Curtis wrote:
stark wrote:

Patience is a virtue.
Where enough money’s involved, internal toxicity is sure to follow. I need to watch out for PETA anyway as I’ve been known to abuse a Dodger Dog or two in my time.
Charlie

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm

As soon as I learned (when I was young) that PeTA claimed that they kill baby sheep for wool by sheering the skin off... I stopped taking PETA seriously and I am very surprised anyone actually takes them seriously.

I get the gullible and less-than-intelligent public will believe it because believing what you hear is easier than researching yourself, but governmetn officals? That's kinda scary that they are willing to believe that.

They threw red paint on people wearing fur.... which rendered the fur a waste and aren't they the ones who painted (or wanted to paint) baby seas with red so fur trappers wouldn't want them?

I can't even think of an organization as stupid as theirs. They fact they keep getting memeber/followers is worrysome.