Horses with good amount of images

cavachons

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:23 am

Hi all.

I have an upcoming essay due about racehorses (I'm at a agricultural school) and we have been told to write about. The only two horses I can think about are Justify and American Pharaoh after their wins plus a few English racehorses but I know everyone in my class will do them :(

Can anyone tell me some racehorses that have a good amount of images of them and some races under their belt, but the images are good and they are recent horses!

Any rare beauties would be appreciated but I am a sucker for blacks and bays with facial markings (especially Blazes)

Thank you all. I don't mind if they're recently retired or still racing, just as long as they have good images!
carole

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 am

People always used to gush over a horse called Honor Code, a very pretty dark bay. Another pretty horse I can think of is So You Think, an Australian superstar that moved to the UK and had tons of success. Both won and raced frequently at the top level and there’s plenty of photos of them out there.

Another horse I can think of but I’m not sure he’s THAT well known is Lonhro, he is a gorgeous hunk of a horse and looks almost black.
RugbyGirl

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:40 am

Lonhro is one of Australia's most famous horses. I love So You Think (helps that he is born in New Zealand) and I know I can help you get images of either of these if you choose them.

When I think of horses with blazes I think of Apache Cat (pic) a famous Aussie G1 winning sprinter and crowd favourite. Who now lives at the Australian equivalent of Old Friends
apachecat.jpg
Ask me any questions you have about New Zealand and Australia racing
Private Thoughts

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:55 am

California Chrome has alot of images.
RugbyGirl

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:00 am

Lonhro has no white markings but he was a hugely famous horse of the year in Australia with over 25 wins, around 20 years old now, he is still breeding and is the damsire of the $4.2 million yearling at Keeneland
unnamed.jpg
Also suggest looking at the horses with unique colouring thread in the breeding section
Mylute

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:07 pm

One recent horse with an interesting blaze is Tonalist. He won Chrome's Belmont and the JCGC twice. G1 winners Talismanic, Get Stormy and Will Take Charge are also very blazey and chromey. If you want to include some fillies, Songbird and Rachel Alexandra are both bays with interesting blazes. I might also include Stellar Wind, who has a pretty blaze but probably isn't as well known.

You might also want to include the "loud" Buchiko, Yukichan, etc.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
Ingrid

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Not a lot of white, but how about the Amazon, Zenyatta? Or maybe the flashy chestnuts, Curlin or California Chrome?
"Grief is the price we pay for love." - Gretchen Jackson
ThreeMustangs

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:41 pm

carole wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 am
People always used to gush over a horse called Honor Code, a very pretty dark bay. Another pretty horse I can think of is So You Think, an Australian superstar that moved to the UK and had tons of success. Both won and raced frequently at the top level and there’s plenty of photos of them out there.
One of my favorite photos of Honor Code:

CorridorZ75

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:04 pm

Medaglia d'oro often throws both interesting facial markings as well as some pretty good looking horses. He himself is quite beautiful.
RugbyGirl

Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:12 pm

So You Think is famous for his forelock and has passed it on to some of his progeny
2017-10-28-09-25-22-.jpg
2017-10-28-09-25-22-.jpg (8.36 KiB) Viewed 110 times
There is a big star somewhere under there