Calculator?

Mylute

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Has he shown up on any vet lists? He hasn't raced or had a workout since March. He's an intact MGSW who hit the board against Pharoah and was actually one of my first Derby picks back in the day. He's seven years old. I've been hoping that I would see an announcement he's going to stand in a regional market somewhere, like his native Florida or California.

He finished 8th and last in his last race, an allowance optional claiming at Oaklawn. Chart just says he was "settled outside foes and failed to menace", nothing about being vanned off.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
~ Robin Williams 1951 - 2̶0̶1̶4̶ ∞
WarBiscuit

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:29 pm

I've wondered about him, as well. Miller probably sees that he has not been all that stellar in 2019, and maybe he's getting a long break or they're not at all sure what to do with him. As you point out, he is 7, and I don't know where you would place him in races these days. Too good of a horse to run in crap AOC races - especially if you have any thought of standing him somewhere, and throwing him in too deep at his age could damage his value if he were to run poorly. I'd imagine they have much to think about concerning his future on or off the track...

WarBiscuit
"One horse-laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent." H.L. Mencken